Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Disney Parks After Dark: ‘World of Color’ at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on March 28th, 2013 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

After the sun sets at Disney California Adventure park, the night is filled with “World of Color” – the spectacular show of light, fire, color and water … lots of water. I have photographed “World of Color” numerous times and always enjoy it as much as the first time. I selected this first photo because of the reflection of Mickey’s Fun Wheel; I thought it was a little different than most of the other photos I’ve taken of the show.
Disney Parks After Dark: ‘World of Color’ at Disney California Adventure Park
I chose the two photos below because I love abstract photography, and I feel they fit into the category pretty well.

Disney Parks After Dark: ‘World of Color’ at Disney California Adventure Park Disney Parks After Dark: ‘World of Color’ at Disney California Adventure Park

If you have not seen “World of Color,” you really should. If you haven’t photographed it, do so and let your imagination run wild. You may be surprised at the results.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Emmanuel on March 28th, 2013 at 8:03 pm

I love this show! I’ve taken countless photos of this show! They all turn out great!

Leslie on March 28th, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Beautiful pictures – thanks for sharing !! We love to see World of Color when we are at DCA. The show is amazing!

Craig from FL on March 29th, 2013 at 8:56 am

Beautiful photos! My wife and I LOVE World of Color!!! It alone is worth the trip out to the west coast:)

Dawn on March 29th, 2013 at 11:26 am

Hi Paul,

Your photos are beautiful. I’d love to capture some awesome photos of Disney after dark as well. What tips can you give me for capturing similar photos such as some of your camera setting? =D

Justin on April 4th, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Totally AWESOME pics!
Is there any place to get high-res versions for desktops?
Thanks!

Claire on April 22nd, 2013 at 5:12 pm

My family and I will be traveling to Disneyland/California Adventure in December. I will be ordering the picnic lunch for all of us so that we have a place for the show. What I was wondering is this … I have looked at the menu for the lunches, but will they change before December or is this the standard offering all year? Just wondering as I start to get things together for our wonderful trip.