Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Enjoy a Special Promotion on March 26, 2013, Only as Disney Parks Online Store Assortment Expands

posted on March 26th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

“Special

In January, I shared with you some answers to popular merchandise questions I hear at Disney Parks. One question, however, stands out from the rest in the comments – readers want to know if items will be offered on our Disney Parks online store. I’m not surprised by this question because I also love shopping online (it’s super easy, especially from the mobile device I always have in my hand). The great news is that our online store is adding many new Disney Parks Authentic items in the coming weeks. I spoke with Meredith Gaiser, e-commerce planner for the online store, about what fans can expect to see.
“Special

“I’m happy we are adding new Disney Parks items to the online store as this decision was based on fan feedback,” exclaimed Meredith. “After reading the comments from fans, we felt it was time to expand our online assortment. Guests will see new items from departments like toys, home, collectibles and others. This is a great thing especially for guests who may be planning a trip to Disney Parks or who maybe missed an item during a recent visit. The assortment will vary so we hope guests will visit often.”
“Special

The best place to find these items each week is in the “Disney Parks New Arrivals” section. Some examples of highly demanded items that were recently added include the Star Tours – The Adventures Continue action figure play sets first introduced in 2011, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom trading card home game, and the incredibly awesome 30th Anniversary of Epcot bracelet I discussed in January. I’m also in love with the new seasonal items inspired by Walt Disney’s animated classic “Alice in Wonderland.”

To celebrate these new arrivals and fans who asked for more options, we are holding a special one day only sale on March 26, 2013.

Guests who shop on the Disney Parks online store that day only should use the code PARK25 to save 25%-off select Disney Parks merchandise. There are some exclusions like Dooney & Bourke handbags and accessories and Duffy the Disney Bear, so please read all terms and conditions.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Lyne from QC on March 26th, 2013 at 9:26 am

I would loooooooooove to order the blue cushion. Is it already available? If so, I can’t seem to find it.
Thanks in advance.
Lyne

Steven Miller on March 26th, 2013 at 9:36 am

@Lyne – The blue cushion is coming soon (I don’t have a firm release date yet). There are new items planned each week so I included a sneak preview of things to come in this article. In early April, we also plan on releasing some additional pillows including a Cinderella-themed one that says “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes,” and one inspired by Mary Poppins with the phrase “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.”

James on March 26th, 2013 at 9:28 am

Are there any plans to make any of the WDW items available on the UK Store? We can get Disneyland Paris stuff which looks lovely but as we always visit Florida we’d love to buy that stuff!

Steven Miller on March 26th, 2013 at 9:37 am

@James – Unfortunately, I don’t know of any plans to add Disney Parks specific items to the Disney Store UK. Sorry.

Brittany on March 26th, 2013 at 9:41 am

Will there be more specific park merchandise? There always seems to be a lot of stuff that says “Walt Disney World” and hardly any “Disneyland”

Steven Miller on March 26th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

@Brittany – I asked the team who said some Disneyland specific items have been offered before. They also said to look for Disney California Adventure and park specific merchandise coming this summer to the online store.

Cory from AB on March 26th, 2013 at 10:01 am

Any word on when those lovely new Haunted Mansion pieces will end up in the online store? I’m dying to get the candelabra!

Steven Miller on March 26th, 2013 at 12:24 pm

@Cory – The online store team said to look for those Haunted Mansion items to be carried on the site toward early summer.

Jonathan on March 26th, 2013 at 11:24 am

I would also love to know if this means there will be more theme park specific merchandise offered. Not just for the Resorts as a whole (Disney World/Disneyland), but also for the parks and resort hotels…Epcot (Flower/Garden, Food/Wine Festivals), Animal Kingdom, California Adventure, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, etc.

Jason on March 26th, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Yes more park specific merchandise would be much appreciated. Also dying to get those haunted mansion coasters, the store said they’d be out of stock until June at least :( I went first thing in march and tried to get them at the park but have never been able to get them. They’re not limited edition items still correct?

Steven Miller on March 26th, 2013 at 12:26 pm

@Jonathan – Noted! Thank you for the comment. I have shared it with the team.

@Jason – The Haunted Mansion items (seen here – http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/02/nine-new-chilling-thrilling-haunted-mansion-merchandise-items-from-disney-parks/) are not limited edition. There will be additional orders coming in future months. I’m sorry to hear you weren’t able to get the coasters just yet. Look for these items to also be carried on the online store starting in early summer.

Lyne from QC on March 26th, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Thank you so much Steven !!!

Tracy from MA on March 26th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

REALLY!!! with the Epcot Bracelet!!! OMG you guys are killing me.. I have to go buy it now. thanks alot hahaha :)

Kyra on March 26th, 2013 at 3:31 pm

@ Tracy
Agreed.

Jason on March 26th, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Thank you Steven! :D

Jennifer from PA on March 26th, 2013 at 5:59 pm

oh thank god! i couldn’t find the epcot bracelet during my last visit! fabulous news for me, terrible for my wallet

Steven Miller on March 26th, 2013 at 6:21 pm

@Tracy, Kyra and Jennifer – Hooray for the 21st Century! I also love that EPCOT 30 bracelet. I’m thrilled that it was added as I recall there were fans who wanted it from the previous article: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/new-jewelry-and-pins-continue-epcot-30th-anniversary-celebration-in-2013/

Terry from PA on March 26th, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Would absolutely be thrilled if you started getting some of the Star Wars Build-A-Droids at DisneyStore. Even if it was limited like a Build-A-Droid of the month type of thing. It would be easier on my wallet while still getting all of the figures!

Steven Miller on March 27th, 2013 at 12:43 pm

@Terry – Thanks for the comment. Unfortunately, we don’t have any plans to offer the Droid Factory online. I will share your feedback with the team.

RebeccA from VICTORIA on March 27th, 2013 at 6:24 am

If international shipping wasn’t so expensive, I’d actually buy things from the online store!

Martha on March 27th, 2013 at 8:44 am

This would have been great if I had received this blog post yesterday, but since it didn’t come through to me until 7:09 AM on March 27th, doesn’t really help me much! :[

Steven Miller on March 27th, 2013 at 12:51 pm

@Martha – I’m sorry to hear of your disappointment. I invite you to follow stories in several ways. I know that the Disney Parks Blog typically has stories shared several times throughout the day.

You can also see links to those stories either on the offical Facebook page for the Disney Parks Blog – http://www.Facebook.com/DisneyParksBlog

If you are active on Twitter, invite you to follow the @WaltDisneyWorld, @DisneyParks or @Disneyland accounts.

The Disney Parks online store / DisneyStore.com regularly have promotions and deals. They have an email notification for which you can opt it (I know this because I receive messages from them in my personal email account). Hope this helps.

cate on March 29th, 2013 at 8:03 am

You should make the theme park air fresheners available online. I’ve been wanting to try those for some time.

debbie on March 29th, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Will I be able to order the Strawberry Mickey Ears online. We have a Strawberry Festival in our town that draws over 300.000 people and I would love for my family to have these to wear!

Steven Miller on March 30th, 2013 at 11:35 am

@Debbie – Sounds like a delicious event! I wish I could go. Unfortunately the hats won’t be sold online. If you are interested, please contact our Merchandise Guest Services team as they may be able to assist you. Please reference this item number – 400007060012.

You can find their contact info in this article:

Michael on April 9th, 2013 at 4:11 pm

What are the chances they will expand the cell phone cases in the sense of selection and on the online store? Specifically the ones for the Galaxy S III.

Harold on April 24th, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Hi Steve I have been trying to get information on the Hunted Mansion items in your blog and I cant seem to leave a comment on there to find out info, i was wondering if there was any way you could send me an email and let me know where I can purchase some items because I have been looking at the online store and nothing.
Thanks