Spaceship Earth at Epcot

First Look: Merchandise for the 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

posted on March 6th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

Merchandise for the 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

I’m looking forward to the return of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. This year’s event will feature millions of blooms, great entertainment and new food offerings (hello, Dole Whip!) from March 6 to May 19 at Epcot. Last year, I enjoyed visiting Epcot on multiple occasions to photograph many beautiful flowers (I also snapped some wonderful images in the butterfly garden). This year, my photographic journey started at the Festival Center. This highly-themed destination is located between Mission: SPACE and Universe of Energy, and it’s home to demonstrations, seminars and a merchandise shop.
Mugs for the 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

This year, the merchandise location resembles a garden oasis. The sound of gentle water and chirping birds filled the air as I took photos. Last year, we introduced artwork that featured Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck as topiaries. The artwork was incredibly popular with guests, so we added a Minnie Mouse topiary to the mix for this year. You can find her image on apparel, a reusable tote bag and, my favorite, a new coffee mug (look inside the mug for a cool detail).
Merchandise for the 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

There were a few other items that caught my eye, including a new topiary-inspired headband, a strawberry ear hat, Duffy the Disney Bear in overalls, D-Tech on Demand iPhone cases and more. We are also introducing new garden statues that look like Grumpy and Dopey. Look for additional character topiary statues in the weeks to come.

Here is a gallery of a few other items that you will find at Epcot during the festival.

I’d love for you to join the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtag #EpcotInSpring. I also hope to see you during the event!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Epcot, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Catherine on March 6th, 2013 at 10:09 am

Love it !! The addition of Minnie as a topiary is SO sweet !! Hope you guys have a new Desktop Wallpaper in store for us to match the Mickey and Donald we got last year (My laptop is rocking the Mickey Topiary right now !! )

Jennifer on March 6th, 2013 at 10:10 am

I love those Minnie Ears! Too cute! Just another reason for me to try to make it out to Flower and Garden Festival this year. That and Dole Whip… Mmmmmmmmmm

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 4:15 pm

@Jennifer – Dole Whip!! I can’t wait to try one at Epcot.

Jonathan on March 6th, 2013 at 10:16 am

I LOVE the matted print! And the mug and the milk bottle are also neat. (I wish the mug was a little bit more different than last year’s though.)

Can you tell me if the three items I like will be available online, and can you give SKU’s for them?

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 4:21 pm

@Jonathan – Here are a few item numbers as I don’t believe these will be carried online. Please note that our Merchandise Guest Services team may not be able to get these items at this point.

Milk Bottle – 400007320239
Mug – 400007255586
Matte Print – 400007365650
Reusable Tote – 400007287730
Cinch Bag – 400007255739
Topiary Headband – 400007283879
Strawberry Ear Hat – 400007060012

Julie on March 6th, 2013 at 10:26 am

Would love to know when these items will be available online please!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

@Julie – I’m sorry to report that there are currently no plans to carry these items on the Disney Parks Online Store.

tracey on March 6th, 2013 at 10:30 am

Steve…Love the Minnie cinch bag. Do you know what items will be available online? Would you happen to have the sku # for the cinch bag, mug and milk bottle? Thanks!!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 4:23 pm

@Tracey – We don’t have plans to carry these items online but here are the item numbers you requested. Please note that the Merchandise Guest Services team may not have access to these items at the time you contact them.

Milk Bottle – 400007320239
Mug – 400007255586
Cinch Bag – 400007255739

Diane on March 6th, 2013 at 10:36 am

HI Steven,
Thanks for the great shots of all the merchandise – I can’t wait to get there. This is one of my Favorite Festivals. I LOVE the Duffy with the overalls. So cute.

Diane

Jennifer on March 6th, 2013 at 11:29 am

This has just made me even more excited to be heading to the Festival in three weeks! Are there any commemorative pins or Vinylmation for the event?

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

@Jennifer – I hope you have a great trip! There are a few limited edition pins we created for the event. I saw them in the Festival Center by the registers. There is not a Vinylmation figure for this year’s event.

Julie on March 6th, 2013 at 6:52 pm

I am so sad to hear they won’t be available online! Last year I was able to get 2 of the Fantasia Flamingo’s and the Mickey and Goofy bronze statues for our backyard garden/pool area at the Disney store online. Was hoping to add the newest one (was it Dopey?) to the collection and also loved the mat print! So sad I won’t be able to add to my collection!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2013 at 8:30 pm

@Julie – I’m sorry to disappoint. I haven’t heard any plans yet things can change. If I hear anything different, I will update this response.

david on March 6th, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Our garden is about the LAST thing in our home that has not “Gone Disney” However…..I always did want to try a Mickey Topiary on one of the tall hedges!! On second thought….maybe just a Mickey Gnome would be advisable

Lauren on March 6th, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Hello Steven. I have a few questions. I am actually in Disney World right now and attended the first day of the festival today. However, I didn’t see the D-Tech on-Demand iPhone cases you mentioned in the Festival Center. Can you elaborate on what these look like?

Also, you said there will be additional character topiary statues (like the Dopey and Grumpy ones) in the weeks to come. Can you let us know what characters those will be? And is there a particular reason that they are not available now at the beginning of the Festival (as I always like to come at the beginning of Epcot’s festivals to get first dibs on all the great merchandise and to see everything first)?

Lastly, I have a question about the Festival Poster artwork. Who is the artist and will there be the traditional artist signings that usually take place at the Flower and Garden Festival (and the Food and Wine Festival)? Thanks for your help.

Steven Miller on March 8th, 2013 at 10:02 am

@Lauren – I did some additional research. It appears the D-Tech on Demand cases will be at the Festival Center on Monday. I’m sorry for any confusion. There was a delay in receiving them at the location.

The additional garden statues will include figures that resemeble Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Minnie Mouse as seen in the main artwork. They look outstanding (Donald even has bees on springs above his head). The Mickey and Donald statues should also be there soon but I don’t have a confirmed date for Minnie. As of March 9, the new garden statues were available in the Festival Center.

The artwork was created by Yellow Shoes Creative Group at Disney. Stay tuned for additional information about artist appearances.

I know that Larry Dotson will be at the Art of Disney location in Epcot from March 6-11. He will be meeting with fans from 10:00 a.m. to 12 Noon and from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day.

Paul on March 7th, 2013 at 10:36 am

If my memory serves me correctly, this is the same artwork from last years festival, correct? I’ve got the “angry” Donald on my fridge.

Steven Miller on March 8th, 2013 at 10:04 am

@Paul – You are sort of correct. The Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck images were used last year. This year, we added Minnie Mouse for this year. The color palette features green this year whereas it was blue last year. We kept a few of the greatest hits (like the reusable tote, print) but added some new items like the Minnie Mouse headband. We also updated the popular coffee mug to incorporate Minnie Mouse. The mug last year sold out rather quickly.

kim on March 7th, 2013 at 11:58 am

These are great items! What are the SKUs for the Mickey and Minnie gnomes and the flamingo? Thanks!!

Steven Miller on March 8th, 2013 at 10:06 am

@Kim – I have good news. You can find all three items on the Disney Parks online store:

Teresa on March 7th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Could you also provide SKUs for the adult Flower and Garden Festival T-shirts?

Steven Miller on March 9th, 2013 at 9:58 am

@Teresa – Here you go! Please note that the mail order option may not be available until after the Festival.

Adult Topiary

XS – 400007283732
Small – 400007283749
Medium – 400007283756
Large – 400007283763
XL – 400007283770

Faith from GA on March 8th, 2013 at 10:59 am

I wish they offered the Bronze dwarf statues online. Hopefully we’ll make it to the Flower and Garden festival but it won’t be until the last weekend and I’m sure they will sell out by then. Why is Disney Merchandising unable to locate these items and ship them?

cala on March 8th, 2013 at 7:52 pm

hello,
I would love to order the Character topiaries, do you have a release date and a SKU number please?
thank you!

Steven Miller on March 9th, 2013 at 9:50 am

@Faith – The Merchandise Guest Services team may not have access to these items until after the Festival. The items were made specifically for Festival at Epcot, which means they would be sold there first to Guests visiting the event. I’m sorry for any challenge you are experiencing. I will share your feedback with the team.

@Cala – I unfortunately don’t have a confirmed release date. I went to Epcot today (Saturday) with my son. We saw the new Mickey, Minnie and Donald topiary statues in the Festival Center. Here are the item numbers for these statutes. Please note that our Merchandise Guest Services team may not have access to these items until after the Festival.

400007283008 – Mickey Mouse
400007283015 – Minnie Mouse
400007282995 – Donald Duck

Karen on March 13th, 2013 at 9:22 am

Hi Mr. Miller,

I am having a hard time finding an answer to this question as the blog was posted in November —- when will the Samsung Galaxy S3 phone cases be available in the parks and online to order?

thanks
Karen

Steven Miller on March 14th, 2013 at 9:37 am

@Karen – I asked the D-Tech team who said two additional Samsung Galaxy SIII cases should be arriving here in the next few months (they moved up orders). Here is an item number for the current Steamboat Willie case – 400007170162.

Lauren on March 14th, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Any update on the D-tech phone cases? Did those ever come in, as my trip ended this past Tuesday, and I still hadn’t seen them anywhere? Can you please post a photo of them and provide the SKU number once they come in? Thanks.

Steven Miller on March 15th, 2013 at 5:56 pm

@Lauren – I’m sorry to hear you didn’t find them. I confirmed with the Epcot team that they received the cases this past Monday. They would have been found in the Festival Center. We saw sales of them, so I’m guessing they have arrived.

Here are the item numbers:

Mickey Mouse
iPhone 4/4S – 400007562158
iPhone 5 – 400007562141

Minnie Mouse
iPhone 4/4S – 400007562165
iPhone 5 – 400007562172

cala on March 20th, 2013 at 3:56 pm

hello,
thank you for the sku #s of the topiary garden statues. Do you know if they will have the little potted topiaries of Mickey as they did last year? if you look at the 2012 merchandise post there was a Mickey ivy(pretend ivy I think) topiary in a little flower pot. I am searching for that again this year please. thank you so much!

Jonathan on March 29th, 2013 at 9:22 am

Steven,

Can you please tell me the retail price of the three character topiary garden statues?

THANKS!