Grizzly River Run

‘Limited Time Magic’ Spotlight on MousekeEars as Part of ‘Year of the Ear’ at Disney Parks

posted on March 8th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

“'Limited

It’s the “Year of the Ear” and this week our “Limited Time Magic” spotlight is on some of the cutest ear hats at Disney ParksMousekeEars! These mini-hats feature fun, pop colors or Disney characters like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto. You may recall that each hat is presented in a window box which doubles as a great display box. A chin strap, a hairclip and a key chain attachment are also included. The hats are fun to wear, make great gifts and are easy to collect. And, as an extra bonus, we are offering a special “Limited Time Magic” promotion on the MousekeEars while supplies last.
“'Limited

In select locations at Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and on the Disney Parks online store, you can get two MousekeEar hats for $15.00 (plus tax). MousekEars hats normally have a retail of $12.95 each.

I have enjoyed seeing some fun images from guests using these hats while visiting Disney Parks. Even my fellow author Gary Buchanan used them in a video he created last fall for the Disney Parks Blog. I figured I’d join the club and take a few unique images of my own.
“'Limited

Fortunately, a co-worker and her adorable daughter visited our office just as I was finishing this story. I grabbed my camera and quickly captured an image of her wearing a mini-hat (it was her first pair of Mouse ears!). I also found that a MousekeEar hat fit my Orange Bird cup nicely (how I wish I had a Citrus Swirl to go with it).

If you are visiting Disney Parks, I’d love to see more images of MousekeEars. You can join the conversation on Twitter using hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic. You can also find updates on our latest extra sprinkle of pixie dust on our LimitedTimeMagic.com web page.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

david on March 8th, 2013 at 7:03 pm

a little small on the baby…but Orange Bird gets “two thumbs up” for a perfect fit! Or is it “two wings up”? Anyhow….dont forget to rinse out your Orange Bird before putting on his MousekeEars!!

david on March 8th, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Oh…..and by the way….Citrus Swirl ROCKS! How I miss it.

Tracey on March 8th, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Is there a special code to get the 2 for $15 mouskeears online? The Disneystore site shows they are $10 each when you buy 2 or more.

Steven Miller on March 9th, 2013 at 9:41 am

@Tracey – Please visit this page on DisneyParks.com/Store:

janine on March 9th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I have an ear related question! I am going on my honeymoon to Disneyworld in October and am trying to find the headband ears with a veil. I know they had them a few years ago, are all ears available online or are there certain ones that are exclusive to parks?
Thank you!

Steven Miller on March 10th, 2013 at 11:01 am

@Janine – Congratulations! I wish you many happy years together. I glad to hear you will be celebrating at Walt Disney World. October is great time to be here.

There are two options. The first is an ear hat that is currently available on the Disney Parks online store:

The other option is a headband that is currently avaible at Disney Parks. You would need to contact our Merchandise Guest Services team and reference this item number: 400005467479. The headband has a veil and what looks like a giant diamond ring on top.

You can find contact information for Merchandise Guests Services in this article – http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/answers-to-popular-questions-about-shopping-at-disney-parks/

Lauren on March 9th, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Any idea how long this might last? Really hoping to get in on this deal when we head down for Easter!

Steven Miller on March 10th, 2013 at 11:03 am

@Lauren – I hope you have a wonderful trip! I’ve not seen a firm end date as it is based on how long supplies will last. My gut tells me that you should be able to take advantage of it by Easter which is just around the corner. The same promotion is also being offered on our Disney Parks online store – http://www.disneystore.com/mix-and-match-2-for-15/mn/238520/

janine on March 12th, 2013 at 11:03 am

thanks for the info and well wishes steven!

Christina on March 14th, 2013 at 7:26 am

Janine, congrats! My husband and I were married October 15th, 2004 and celebrated our honeymoon in Disney World, had not clue about EPCOT’s Food and Wine, so it was a wonderful surprise! I know exactly which head band ears you are talking about because I had the same ones! You can still find them in the parks, but check bigger stores like MouseGears in EPCOT or Main Street Emporium, you’ll have a better chance of finding them there. I hope you two have a blast!!

Marla on March 14th, 2013 at 5:17 pm

These look like they’re perfect for a doll!! My daughter is thrilled that her American Girl doll will have her own ear hat!! We’ll be there next month but I don’t want to take the risk of not finding them there for the 2 for $15 price :)

Teresa from GA on March 16th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I actually got the pink one for my Yorkie–the size was perfect and the hair clip worked amazingly well to keep it on her noggin. Too bad she wasn’t as thrilled about the look as I was. It’s a shame I can’t post a photo on here. :(

Steven Miller on March 19th, 2013 at 8:10 pm

@Teresa – Sounds cute! If you are active on Twitter, you can use the hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic. I’m pretty active on Twitter and periodically check that hashtag for fun images.