Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Portrait Gallery

‘Ratatouille’-Themed Attraction Set to Open at Disneyland Paris in 2014

posted on March 1st, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Every time I watch the Disney●Pixar film “Ratatouille,” it totally makes me want to visit Paris. As early as next year, fans of this film in particular will have a whole new reason to make the trip, as it was just announced that a new attraction based on this film is in the works for Disneyland Paris.
‘Ratatouille’-Themed Attraction Set to Open at Disneyland Paris in 2014’

Phillipe Gas, President & CEO Euro Disney, announced this week that this family-focused attraction will open at the resort’s Walt Disney Studios Park in 2014. The film tells the tale of Remy, a cuisine-loving rat, who dreams of becoming a talented French chef. According to Gas, Disneyland Paris is the perfect setting for such an attraction:

“By developing this new ‘Ratatouille’ attraction, we continue to ensure our guests can experience their favorite Disney stories in memorable ways that only Disney can provide,” he said. “The theme, which is very français, is a tribute to the capital and the unforgettable characters that make ‘Ratatouille’ the ideal choice for an attraction that fits perfectly at Disneyland Paris.”

But that wasn’t the only exciting news out of Disneyland Paris this week. It was also announced that the resort’s 20th anniversary celebration has been extended through September 30, 2013, and during this time, Disneyland Park’s nighttime spectacular Disney Dreams! will be enriched with two new scenes from the movies “The Lion King” and “Brave.” Even better, guests will soon be able to enjoy the show while wearing interactive Disney Light’Ears, which change color in time with the show’s lights and music.

Who’s ready for a visit?

Filed: Disneyland Paris

Eric from MA on March 1st, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Ratatouille, Hunchback, Belle, Marie from The Aristocats…If it’s French, the Disney Paris fans will have an obsession with it. :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 2nd, 2013 at 8:57 am

Jennifer on March 1st, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Paris and Disney World get all the new stuff. I want a “BE OUR GUEST” restaraunt at disneyland – the original park!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 2nd, 2013 at 8:58 am

Don’t forget that Fantasy Faire is on the way! Looks pretty cool so far.

Katie on March 1st, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I went to Disneyland Paris last summer in May and heard about the Ratatouille themed ride just a few months later there is no way that this was just announced hehe! I have many reasons for wanting to go back to Disneyland Paris and this is just one of the reasons on my list to return. Disney Dreams! is incredible I absolutely loved it. Will Disney Dreams! be continuing even after the 20th Anniversary celebration is over?

Shana on March 1st, 2013 at 4:55 pm

When we went to Paris last year I saw signs all over the transit system for Disney Paris. I wish we could have gone but there’s always next time right.

Fred from CA on March 1st, 2013 at 5:10 pm

To Jennifer (comment #2)–
If it’s any consolation, the Fantasy Fair will be opening at Disneyland on March 12, and then Disneyland will also receive the new stage show “Mickey and the Magical Map” this summer. :)

Is there any word on what this Ratatouille attraction will be like?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 2nd, 2013 at 8:58 am

No other details than it’s a “family” ride. We’ll post more when we know more.

Paul from Kent on March 1st, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Not entirely sure Fred though rumours talk of free ranging ride cars and projection systems. I can say that the ride building taking shape is huge!

Christopher from CA on March 1st, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Commenter #2, we have gotten or are getting:
Buena Vista Street
The new dining where Pizza Om Mow Mow and McDonalds were
Carsland
Princess Fantasy Faire
Mickey and the Magical Map
Voyages of the Little Mermaid (although, I don’t count it as high, since Disney World now has it)
World of Color

I am sure there are others that I can’t think of at the moment as well.

While I love Be our Guest, I think Disney should make each park have it’s own identity and stop copying rides, dinning, etc. So, I love this idea of giving Disneyland Paris it’s own unique attraction, it is definitely something that they should do more of.

Stephanie from ON on March 1st, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I’m going in April (hey that’s next month!) for my fourth trip to Disneyland Paris. I’m catching the tail end of anniversaries as I plan a trip to Tokyo next year. Does anyone know if the LightEars will be the same as Glow with the Show ears? I have two pairs from a New Year’s Eve trip to Disneyland but I don’t want to pack them and take up the room in my luggage if they won’t work!

Jill from UT on March 1st, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Great news! I love the uniqueness of parks!!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 4th, 2013 at 9:45 am

So do I. :)

Tom on March 2nd, 2013 at 9:05 am

Finally! Everybody knew this for ages, but I’m happy it’s official now. The building progress goes quite quick!

“The French people” are not crazy about it, because it is Paris themed, but because we are finally getting something new in Disneyland Paris…

I hope the rumors are correct and this attraction uses the same dark ride technology as Pooh in Tokyo and Mystic Manor in Hong Kong. Now THAT would be amazing and worth spending a few days in Disneyland Paris!!!

Anne on March 2nd, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Ohhhh I am SO jealous. Ratatouille is my favorite Disney movie. At least at Disneyland we have that cute window on Main Street with the Ratatouille scene…but I would love a ride!

Timothy on March 3rd, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I’d love to see this LPS technology in the states

Christine on March 5th, 2013 at 3:31 am

Ratatouille (coming in 2014) is said to be a Story themed Dark Ride with an ajacent dining experience set near a re-creation of a Parisian Boulevard. I look forward to all of the new attractions planned, including the in-the-works additions: Star Wars (Mini-land 2015) set to coincide with the release of Stars Wars Episode VII and the Les Villages Nature Eco-Parc (2016) which includes: the Aquaboulevard indoor waterpark and Geo-thermal Lagoon, 4 Element themed Gardens, Village, Family-Style Eco-Villas and Spa, an Organic Farm and a Children’s Tree Canopy Adventure themed Island.

Nick on March 7th, 2013 at 8:51 am

Paris still has the old version of Star Tours – so don’t begrudge the Europeans a new ride!

MONSERRAT on March 21st, 2013 at 11:13 pm

hello ! i love disney, my family and i join at this atraccion we hope will go to disney on october 2014!!