Spaceship Earth at Epcot

Starbucks Coming to Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland Park; Disneyana to Combine with Disney Gallery

posted on March 19th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

UPDATE 3/28/13: Market House and Disneyana will close for refurbishment on April 14.

I’ve got updates to share with you today about some big changes coming to Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland park. First, Starbucks will be making its much-anticipated debut inside Market House this fall. To make room for this exciting addition, Market House will close next month to begin an expansion into the adjacent space currently occupied by Disneyana.
“Starbucks

Disney art and collectible fans will soon be able to find all their favorite treasures in one location, as Disneyana will move to a new home inside the Bank of Main Street building, the current location of the Disney Gallery. The new, combined location will continue to present a rotating Gallery Exhibit, featuring Walt Disney Imagineering concept art and pieces from local artists. (In fact, we will have information soon about the newest exhibit, featuring art inspired by Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, celebrating its 50th anniversary this summer.)

Market House will reopen this fall, still themed as a turn-of-the-century general store, serving Starbucks products and a selection of specialty Disney pastries. I’ll have more updates here on the Disney Parks Blog as the project progresses, so keep checking back.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

ALODIE from CA on March 19th, 2013 at 12:04 pm

So with Starbucks moving in, can I still find my favorite cinnamon tea latte there?

Amy on March 19th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

But what we really want to know is, what about our Disney Blend coffee and free refills? Will that be moving anywhere, or will it become Starbucks only?

Erin Glover on March 19th, 2013 at 12:44 pm

When Market House reopens in the fall, the location will no longer brew Disney branded coffee or offer free refills. However, guests will still be able to purchase the various flavors of Disney Blend coffee at several Disneyland Resort merchandise locations.

Daniel on March 19th, 2013 at 12:10 pm

What will be in Disneyana’s current location?

Dan on March 19th, 2013 at 12:11 pm

One of the best parts of the Market House when I visited last May were the free refills on coffee if you keep your cup. Will that perk be retained in this new location? I’m expecting that it probably won’t still be an option.

Daniel on March 19th, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Sorry, I misread, I see now that Market House is expanding! LOL.

Kerry on March 19th, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Not real thrilled to see Starbucks in the parks. I like going to the parks and not seeing outside chains in them. I wasn’t thrilled when I saw the McDonalds fry cart in the Magic Kingdom last time I was there. Not sure if it’s still there now or not. But I like Disney parks to be unique, not filled with stuff I can get anywhere. It distracts from the ambiance of the park in my opinion.

Denise on March 19th, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Will they keep the old fashioned phones? I love to listen in!! :)

Erin Glover on March 19th, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Denise – Yes! The phones, stove and even the checkerboards will be incorporated into the refurbished Market House.

Michaelyn from CA on March 19th, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Yes! What about the phones and the great kitchen goodies in the Market House? Will they still be in the Market House after Starbucks is added?

Erin Glover on March 19th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Coffee mugs and select housewares will still be offered at Market House, but you can find even more at the Emporium.

Yvonne on March 19th, 2013 at 12:39 pm

This doesn’t make me happy at all. I will miss the free refills that Market House used to provide. I will also miss being able to enjoy a smooth, delicious cup of coffee in the park…Starbucks’ brew is bitter and not tasty at all.

Bryn on March 19th, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I’m disappointed that there is no longer going to be Disney Gallery. It’s something unique to Disneyland and it would be quite a loss of a unique place that makes Disneyland, Disneyland. I loved the unique exhibits and often bought from them. Just having a feature wall is not going to be the same. I hope the Gallery stays as a part of Disneyland in some other location.

Erin Glover on March 19th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

The Disney art and collectibles that are currently available at The Disney Gallery will continue to be offered at that location.

Nicolette on March 19th, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Love Disney blend coffee!!! As long as I can still buy it, I’m happy. I have a merchandise question, please. On the coffee display table to the lower left of the photo there are little silver canisters(not sure what to call them), what are they filled with? Second question, what are the dishes barely peeking out on the right side of the photo? They both look like something I want to order!! Thanks!

Loren from CA on March 19th, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Kerry – Disneyland has always had a history of serving sponsored product dating back to the days of Walt Disney. In fact, sponsorship helped him fund the park. Without it, we might not have a Disneyland.

And, Starbucks being in the park is no different than Dreyers ice cream being served at Gibson Girl and Clarabelle’s and Dole product being served at the Dole Whip stand at the Enchanted Tiki Room.

I’m neither here nor there about any of these products (oh, who am I kidding…I love Dole Whip), but it honestly doesn’t bother me that Starbucks is being served now. And, now that I know there will be an expansion of the Market House into Disneyana, at least, I feel there will be room.

I am, though, with the others who hope that details such as the phones and other theming will continue at the Market House. Given the nice job they did at FFP over at Disney California Adventure, I’m sure that it will be there.

jennifer from BC on March 19th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

will this be open then in August? MY BIGGEST question is can we still buy white hot chocolate some place , it’s part of my Disney experience :(

Fred from CA on March 19th, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Loren– Well said! :)

And Erin– Thanks for confirming that the phones, stoves, and checkerboards will still be in the location. :)

Veronica on March 19th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

NOOOooooo!! Does this mean no more free refills on my coffee??? sad… unless my starbucks card will also work in the park to get my free refills..then yay!

Carl on March 19th, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Hello Erin,
As a former CM and a two decade AP, will there be anywhere in either park that will have free coffee refills like in the old days?

John on March 19th, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Hey Erin,

Do you know exactly when the remodel will start? We are going to be in the parks on April 3rd and I would love to get some Market House coffee one last time. We enjoyed it so much on our last trip.

Thanks,

Keola

Erin Glover on March 19th, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I’m sorry, I don’t have an exact date – the location is scheduled to close for refurbishment in April.

UPDATE 3/28/13: Just confirmed, Market House and Disneyana will close for refurbishment on April 14.

John on March 19th, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Thanks for the update. I’ll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Either way, it won’t ruin our Disney trip! THANKS!

Thor from CA on March 19th, 2013 at 4:54 pm

This is GREAT news! I love the Starbucks on Buena Vista Street, and a similar option in Disneyland will be perfect. I’m old enough to remember when Main Street was full of real stores sponsored by real outside corporations; Sunkist, Hallmark, Kodak, the Egg Board, Bekins, etc., etc. Coca-Cola is the only corporate sponsor left on Main Street from Walt’s era, and it will be nice to get back to Walt’s original concept of Disneyland being a showcase for American commerce and industry. Plus Starbucks makes great Mochas!

Eva from CO on March 19th, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Can you tell me when in April it will close? I’ll be there the first week of April, celebrating my boy’s second bday and want him to see this store. Thanks.

ANDREW on March 19th, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Not a huge big deal for me–I don’t see how selling Starbucks coffee in the Market House is all that different from selling, say, Coca-Cola from the street carts.

I assume I’ll be able to order a “large”, right? (I won’t have to say “grande”? ;-) )

Skip from FL on March 19th, 2013 at 11:09 pm

#6 – Kerry

Thank you for your comment!! When I’m on Disney property, I want everything Mickeyfied; to bring in other stuff decreases the ‘magic’.
p.s.: Hey Thor from CA (#19); long time, no hear.

Charles on March 19th, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Oh I think this is a great idea! I love Starbucks and Disney! To have bboth my favorite things in one place is Awesome!

Fred from CA on March 20th, 2013 at 7:09 pm

I’m perfectly fine with this.

I’m sure everyone remembers the fact that there is also a Starbucks location in the “Fiddler, Fifer. and Practical Cafe” on Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure. The cafe looks beautiful, fits in beautifully with its surroundings, and the Starbucks signage is very discreet. I am confident that the newly refurbished (and expanded) Market House on Main Street U.S.A. will look great.

Jonathan on March 20th, 2013 at 10:16 pm

I hope the birthday cake room is still there! Such a cool little thing

Matthew on March 21st, 2013 at 2:41 am

Will we be able to buy coffee in the park until s-bucks opens? Where?

Erin Glover on March 21st, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Matthew, I recommend Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe – it’s one of my favorite places to grab a coffee and snack.

Travis on March 25th, 2013 at 6:56 am

When will the Art Gallery close for the addition? It is one of my favorite places… and I was hoping on visiting it in May.