Via Napoli Restaurant, Italy Pavilion at Epcot

Ten Character-Inspired Treats at Disney Parks

posted on March 18th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

“Ten
Characters from Disney, Pixar and the Muppets have inspired many things at Disney Parks. I think some of my favorites, however, are the delicious treats found in several locations throughout Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. There are candy apples resembling Kermit the Frog, or Mike and Sulley from Monsters, Inc. I love the packaging for the Wonderland Tea items, which will be perfect for my next unbirthday. One of the more unique items I discovered in Goofy’s Candy Company at Downtown Disney Marketplace was oversized Rice Krispies cakes that look like Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse.

Here is a look at a few other items I found. What is your favorite treat from Disney Parks? Please share in the comments below.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Jennifer from PA on March 18th, 2013 at 9:29 am

do the premium bars count?

Steven Miller on March 19th, 2013 at 8:14 pm

@Jennifer – They only count if you get me one. :-)

Diane on March 18th, 2013 at 10:36 am

I think my favorite is Having shared the Goofy Candy Apple with my family in New Fantasyland at the Big Top while watching the fireworks :-)

Jon on March 18th, 2013 at 10:53 am

My favorite Character-Inspired Treat is the Pork Shank from Gaston’s Tavern. Any time I have one, I feel manly (much like Gaston). But I’ve only had one so far (I became too manly).

Steven Miller on March 19th, 2013 at 8:18 pm

@Jon – Let me guess – lots of antlers in your home? I visited Gaston’s Tavern today with a counterpart from Hong Kong Disneyland. She had the Lefou’s brew and we split a delicious cinnamon roll!

Sarah on March 18th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Oh those Rice Krispies cakes are a delight! The icing over the Rice Krispies and gooey marshmallow filling…yum! I tried the St. Patrick’s Day (a four leaf clover) and Easter inspired ones (bunny and tulip) over at Artist’s Palette last week. I think I had one a day during our vacation!

Ryan on March 18th, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Dole Whips!!! I cannot go to the MK without having one, wish I could go to the Flower and Garden festival and have the adult one.

Steven Miller on March 19th, 2013 at 8:24 pm

@Sarah – I’m happy to hear you had a great trip. One a day? Sounds like my kind of vacation :-)

@Ryan – Sorry to hear you won’t be able to visit Epcot this spring. I’ll have a Dole Whip for you (maybe two).

Darlene on March 19th, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Count three super-sized tweets for a Citrus Swirl from the Sunshine Tree Terrace! 50+ trips to WDW and I have had (at least) one each and every vacation. My favorite location, my favorite tweet and it simply can’t be beat now that the Orange Bird is back at his original location! I’ve loved him for over 30 years now and am elated he is back. Thank you Disney for sharing him again!

Steven Miller on March 19th, 2013 at 8:28 pm

@Darlene – Right on! It’s been wonderful to have the Orange Bird back at Magic Kingdom. Hope to see you in Adventureland next time you are visiting the Park.

Deanne on March 19th, 2013 at 7:19 pm

It is a tie between Dole Whip and Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookie at Karamell-Küche Epcot! Yummm

Mark from SC on March 19th, 2013 at 9:56 pm

We have to have Mickey waffles every trip to DisneyWorld. And, of course, the Mickey Ice Cream Bars!

Tracy from MA on March 22nd, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Minnie Mouse Caramel Apples. LOVE THEM. and dole whips, but I don’t knwo what character that would have been after hahah. oh and Mickey head pretzels. YUM

Katharine from VA on March 25th, 2013 at 4:37 pm

My 5 year old son had the marshmallow on the stick that looks like Mickey’s pants. He LOVED it! We loved it because it was a gluten free treat!