Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland Park

VIDEO: Winning 2014 Disney Art Design Revealed Following Disney Parks Fan Vote

posted on March 1st, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

A few weeks ago, my fellow author Thomas Smith invited fans to cast their votes as part of a “Limited Time Magic” experience. Thousands of fans from across our Disney Parks social networks voted for one of three designs that will be featured on select limited edition merchandise next year. The results are in, so I visited Patty Landing, creative manager with Disney Design Group who created the artwork, to reveal which design was selected.

Thank you to the many fans who took time to vote. As a reminder, you can find updates on our latest extra sprinkle of pixie dust on Twitter using hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic and on our LimitedTimeMagic.com web page.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Suzanne on March 1st, 2013 at 1:57 pm

YAY!!!! this was the one I voted for, now I am even MORE excited to come back to Disney in 2014!!! :D

Dinah on March 1st, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Yay! That’s the design I voted for. Cant’t wait to see it on merchandise.

David from TX on March 1st, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I still think you should use all 3. It’s not like you will run out of merchandise to slap them on! :)

Steven Miller on March 4th, 2013 at 1:04 pm

@David – This artwork will be used on select merchandise in 2014. There is another artwork program that will be used next year. This is similar to how we had two different art programs for 2013. We have global program artwork like this:

We also released some specially designed 2013 artwork from Disney Design Group:

Courtney on March 1st, 2013 at 2:39 pm

YES!! This was the one I voted for! Definitely the one that says “Disney” to me!! :)

Rochelle on March 1st, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Mary Blair would be so honored by this!

Lisa on March 1st, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Since February is over I guess there was no vinylmation trading night… Can you please tell us when the next trading night is? I am hoping to be able to go, but I won’t be able to if you guys wait until the last minute to announce the date. I really would like to go since there hasn’t been a vinylmation trading night at disney world since Nov.

Steven Miller on March 4th, 2013 at 12:59 pm

@Lisa – I saw your comment in the Oz Great and Power merchandise article. Unfortunately, I don’t have any news to share about Disney Trading Nights at Walt Disney World.

JEANY on March 2nd, 2013 at 8:09 am

I voted for the castle too! YAY! the castle won! Mary Blair will be honored by this too!

Jon from TX on March 2nd, 2013 at 5:49 pm

I have a print of the Mary Blair “SMALL WORLD” facade design hanging in my living room, so naturally I recognized the inspiration for the artwork. And I voted for the design as well. Can’t WAIT to get it on a T-Shirt, or a ‘fridge magnet, or a pin! Better yet… ALL THREE!

Nick on March 4th, 2013 at 12:41 pm

YAY! Can’t wait for that style for graduation! It also makes sense to do the “it’s a small world” design since it’ll be 50 years after the premiere of it at the World’s Fair in 1964 in New York City.

May on March 4th, 2013 at 6:21 pm

So glad that the castle won! Is there any chance that there might be cell phone cases for the Samsung Galaxy S III by next year? I’ve yet to find any at DLR. Thanks for your wonderful Blog updates!

Steven Miller on March 8th, 2013 at 8:57 am

@May – I asked the D-Tech team. They said you will see at least two new cases for the Samsung Galaxy SIII. A Minnie Mouse case will arrive in May while a Mickey Mouse case will arrive in July.

Allan on March 4th, 2013 at 9:32 pm

It will be interesting to see what all they decide to put the logo on, maybe some new items will appear!

Earl on March 5th, 2013 at 9:53 am

What were the other options besides these three?

Steven Miller on March 8th, 2013 at 8:59 am

@Earl – These were the only three options we offered for fans to place their vote. There will be another dated 2014 art program that will look different from this artwork.

Susy on March 8th, 2013 at 3:01 am

earl they only HAD THOSE THREE CHOICES Social networks VOTED for one of THREE designs that will be featured on select limited edition merchandise next year. what makes you think that had more than 3?