Celebrate Summer with Olaf and the Disney Parks Blog

Vote Now to Decide Which Long-Lost Disney Friends Visit the Disneyland Resort for ‘Limited Time Magic’

posted on March 15th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

UPDATE: This poll has closed. Please click here to view the poll winners.

Brer Bear and Brer Fox

Back in January, some long-lost Disney friends visited the Walt Disney World Resort as part of “Limited Time Magic.” Well Disneyland fans, it’s almost our turn! This time, though, you will decide which long-lost friends will be dropping by. From now until March 21, you can vote right here on the Disney Parks Blog to determine which of the rarely seen Disney characters listed below will be visiting with us here at Disneyland park.

Take a look at the list below, cast your vote and keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog to find out when some of your favorite long-lost Disney friends will be visiting Disneyland park for some “Limited Time Magic”!

Flik and Princess Atta

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Diona on March 15th, 2013 at 1:08 pm

would love to see lilo and stitch there

Cynthia from CA on March 15th, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Bring them all back on different weeks!

Carolyn from CA on March 15th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

wish we could vote for two. I want to see Meeko (my favorite character) but I want to see all the Robin Hood characters too.

Jason on March 15th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

The 7 dwarves!

Heather on March 15th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

My hubby’s favorite Disney movie is Robin Hood! It would be awesome for him to see them!

Wanda on March 15th, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Jack Sparrow!

Mariela on March 15th, 2013 at 1:22 pm

But any word on WHEN it will be?

I want to meet Prince John soooo much, but at most can get out to DLR once a month, and need to plan a flight beforehand!!!

Erin Glover on March 15th, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Stay tuned, Mariela – We’ll be announcing the date soon.

Fred from CA on March 15th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

My vote goes to Scrooge McDuck and Ludwig Von Drake.

Erin Glover on March 15th, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Me too, Fred!

Larry from ON on March 15th, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Robin Hood would be my second choice.

brett from CA on March 15th, 2013 at 1:25 pm

are we going to see oz the great and powerful characters walking around at the parks any time soon ?

JEFFREY from CA on March 15th, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I want to see the 3 good fairies. Merryweather and the girls. How many times can we vote for.

Patricia on March 15th, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Kronk, Yzma and Cuzco.

Eric from MA on March 15th, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I still have photos of all those characters from my last few WDW trips, I didn’t realize they were “long lost” on the West Coast! (Over here, we have the multi-park advantage that Pocahontas & Meeko can show up at Animal Kingdom, Lilo & Stitch at the Polynesian Resort, and the Hunchback characters at Epcot France.) Are no one but Mickey, Mater and the Princesses left over there anymore?

Steve on March 15th, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Why’s there no love for Hercules?? I wanted to meet him so bad when I was little but I never did :( I’m twenty now but I’m still holding out for the day I can meet him! I’m so bummed I’m missing him teaching the Olympic training at the Opa! celebration!!!

Loretta on March 15th, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Ludwig Von Drake! PLEASE!

Joel on March 15th, 2013 at 1:41 pm

“Bring them all back on different weeks!”

Totally seconding this, I want to see them all!

Robin Hood gang, 3 little pigs, Jiminy, Scrooge McDuck, Ludwig VonDrake, Brer Rabbit, Horace Horsecollar, Ping, Atta, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, Jane, Terk, Merlin, Jack Sparrow, Angelica, Esmeralda, Clopin and Frollo, Flora, Fauna, Merryweather, Pocahontas, John Smith, Meeko and Governor Ratcliffe all need to come back!!!

Michael on March 15th, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I really wish the Meet the Robinson’s characters would come back :(

My favorite movie of all time and I really want to meet them.

Zachary on March 15th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Wait, why is Darkwing Duck not on the list! I vote for Darkwing!! I would love to see him again in the park!

Robert from LA on March 15th, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Erin, my apologies, but I’m sure we can all agree that many of the friends listed here are not “long lost”. In fact, if Alice and Peter Pan were long lost, that would be quite disappointing. Robin Hood, Roger Rabbit, Darkwing Duck, Launchpad, Oswald, those are some long lost characters…

Rebecca on March 15th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

OMD! I want all of them! Clarabelle, Horace, and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit! Lets help out our Wasteland friends!

Jean from VA on March 15th, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I’ve got some great pics of my daughter with Prince John and Friar Tuck from Disneyland Paris. We saw Gepetto and some others as well. A neat treat outside of the usual main characters and princesses. Some like Alice, the Mad Hatter and Flik we’ve seen this year already so I don’t consider them Long-lost.

Sarah on March 15th, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I am in fl…so wish they’d do the voting for another week here in FL..would love more lost friends weeks..esp. with newer lost characters like Stitch, dwarfs, monsters inc, TS, and others like that..would be really great..plus I love the autograph cards! :D

Jo on March 15th, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Flora, Fauna, Merryweather, I just love them.

Fred from CA on March 15th, 2013 at 2:16 pm

I have to add, I would also love the see the “Bolt” characters again.

Chelsea on March 15th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Why didn’t we get to vote for Disney World Long-Lost Friends week???? I would have been all about voting for Wendy to come back. She’s my absolute favorite :(

Sally on March 15th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Will you guys accept write in votes?
Cause I totally agree with all the Darkwing/Lauchpad comments
But I would also really like to see Kuzco & Kronk from Emperor’s New Groove out. They use to hang out in DCA but that was back in 2000. I miss them!
Also Megara (who will just hopefully be at the Greek limited time magic event)

Erin Glover on March 15th, 2013 at 2:47 pm

I’m sorry, Sally, but the options in the poll are the only friends that will be available for this event. And unfortunately, Meg will not be able to join us for Opa! A Celebration of Greece.

Robyn from CA on March 15th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Glad to see someone also mentioned Darkwing and Launchpad, as I was just about to suggest those as a write-in. With the recent comics series, perhaps a new generation of Darkwing fans would love to meet them.

Nina on March 15th, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Sure would’ve been nice if we’d been able to vote on the WDW long lost friends :(

Ann on March 15th, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Please bring us Thumper & his bunny girlfriend, Faline. I saw a photo of them, which may have been at Animal Kingdom in Florida. They are adorable!!!

Philip on March 15th, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Ann, Thumper’s girlfriend is named Miss Bunny.

Faline is the name of Bambi’s girlfriend.

Stephen on March 15th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

The Country Bears (Big Al, Liver Lips McGrowl, Wendell, and Terrence/Shaker) are at Big Thunder Ranch; the Alice, Pinocchio, and Peter Pan gangs are always out, Chip-n-Dale and Clarice are out (I just saw her last year at DCA in that Disney Dance Party building), Horace and Clarabelle hang out at Big Thunder Ranch, and Meeko and Terk greet guests at the Storytellers Cafe breakfast buffet

Rare characters would be those who either USED to be at the park all the time…
-*ALL* Seven Dwarfs, not just Dopey
-Three Little Pigs & Big Bad Wolf
-Baloo and King Louie
-The Walrus and The March Hare

…or characters that haven’t been seen since their movies came out…
-Casts of Atlantis, Emperor’s New Groove, Great Mouse Detective, Hunchback, Hercules, Rescuers
-Roger Rabbit

…or TV characters….
-Casts of Ducktales (why aren’t Huey, Dewey, and Louie regulars anyway?!), Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears, etc.

I do like the duck idea: have Donald, Daisy, the nephews, Scrooge, Von Drake, Darkwing, and Launchpad greet guests in Town Square on Main Street. How about ducks from the comics and books such as Grandma Duck, Gladstone Gander, and Gus Goose?

Add some new villains: Pete, Mortimer Mouse (although I don’t see him as a real villain), Madam Mim, Madame Medusa, The Horned King; since Marie and her brothers are out, why not Si & Am?

Actually, since Buena Vista Street is set in the ’30s, that should be the new home for the 3 Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf, since they have a cafe named after them.

Liz on March 15th, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Why isn’t Megara and Hercules available? :(
It’s one of my favorite Disney movies, and Megara was my favorite Disney girl (since she’s not a princess) until Rapunzel recently! I want to meet her so bad!

Erin Glover on March 15th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Liz – Hercules will be greeting guests at Disneyland park during Opa! A Celebration of Greece, from May 25-27. Read more about the event here.

Benjamin on March 15th, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Chip and Dale are my absolute favorite, I’m not sure they count as “long lost friends”. I see them almost every time I’m in the parks. Same with the Alice characters, Stitch, and Peter Pan and Pinocchio characters.

My true vote would be for Tarzan to return to his treehouse, or for the Country Bears to come back (the characters AND the show).

Alyssa on March 15th, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I wish I could vote for all of them! So many good ones to choose from!

Karen on March 15th, 2013 at 3:40 pm

It’s not fair to only pick one group. They all need to come out! There are so many I would love to see.

Christine from CA on March 15th, 2013 at 5:03 pm

This is so awesome they’re finally doing this again! Meeting Esmeralda and Clopin was beyond amazing last time! Seeing Frollo again is always a treat too. Out of this whole list Esmeralda and Clopin are considered the most rarest ones since they can really only be found in Disneyland Paris. I never tire of seeing Frollo of course, I just love that guy. ♥

Seeing Robin Hood would be very cool too as he has only been available in Disney World and Disneyland Paris. Others tho like the Alice in Wonderland crew and Peter Pan crew are regulars, so not sure why they made the list. They’re seen quite often in the park on a regular basis.

Anyway, this is so amazing! I am definitely for the Hunchback of Notre Dame crew and will wear my Frollo hat proudly! :)

Chandler on March 15th, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Peter Pan and friends for sure! :)

Alison on March 15th, 2013 at 8:43 pm

I vote Hunchback group! Maybe bring them back as an LTM character dining. My favorite one ever had Quasimodo, Esmeralda, Clopin, as well as Minnie, Merlin, and Gaston. Random and fun! Kicking myself for losing the pics. Won’t happen again in this digital age – if they return. ;)

Christopher on March 15th, 2013 at 9:41 pm

You mean Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook and Mr. Smee are NOT regularly meeting guests at Disneyland? My heart just broke a little…

Bethany on March 15th, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Robin Hood is my all time favorite disney movie and I WILL be making a trip to DL to see him if he gets chosen. That would, no joke, fulfill a lifetime dream to meet him :D

Freddy on March 16th, 2013 at 10:51 am

my vote is for jack sparrow and angelica i cant wait for my sons face when he sees his friend jack! last time we met him so many times he remembered my sons name and his face was PRICELESS!

Gregory on March 16th, 2013 at 11:44 am

Peter Pan is a regular walk-about character at Disneyland. Captain Hook is more often seen in character meals, but can been seen in the park sometimes. Wendy is out on special occasions and at busier times. Smee is not seen at Disneyland, except in parades. The last time all four were available for a meet ‘n greet was during Disney Character Fan days.

Viveen on March 16th, 2013 at 12:09 pm

ESMARELDA PLEASE!!!!

Andrea on March 16th, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I’m not sure why these characters are not roaming the park all the time! MANY of them are a huge part of how Disney has become as successful as it has. Plus it would help the younger generations fall in love with the classic Disney as many of “older” generation has. :)

Victoria on March 16th, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Jane and Terk!!!

Aydin from ON on March 16th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I voted for the Song Of The South gang.
And for the record this is MUCH better than the week you had us vote on next year’s logo!

Friend on March 16th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I would love to see Tom Nabe as Tom Sawyer again on the boat dock and the Frito Kid over at the former Casa De Frito’s. John Lasseter giving rides on the Jungle Cruise once more.

Carol from CA on March 16th, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Please, please bring Scrooge McDuck! He is my husband’s favorite character, and has not seen him in YEARS!

Allie on March 16th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I didn’t know that some of these characters were Long Lost! I still see a lot of them in WDW.

Adam on March 16th, 2013 at 5:05 pm

When is Long Lost Friends week? Has the date been set?

I have to be there. Robin Hood would be the most amazing character ever!

Erin Glover on March 18th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Adam – Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog. We will announce the date soon.