Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade Coming to Magic Kingdom Park in 2014

posted on April 26th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

For many guests, a visit to a Disney Park wouldn’t be complete without catching a parade. Whether it’s the thrill of seeing which Disney character comes up next, or that moment when your favorite character waves right at you, there’s just something magical about a Disney parade.

Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade Coming to Magic Kingdom Park in 2014

Today, we’re happy to share that a new procession, the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade, will march into Magic Kingdom Park in spring 2014.

'Peter Pan'-Themed Float for the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade Coming to Magic Kingdom Park in 2014

The Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade will bring a celebration of New Fantasyland to Main Street, U.S.A., through fantastic and innovative new parade floats, vibrant costumes, and an original soundtrack that will feature beloved songs from favorite Disney films, plus a parade theme song.

The Story of 'Tangled' Will be Highlighted in the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade Coming to Magic Kingdom Park in 2014

This parade will specifically highlight the stories of “The Little Mermaid,” “Sleeping Beauty,” “Dumbo,” “Pinocchio,” “Peter Pan,” “Tangled” and the Disney●Pixar film “Brave” among others. (Check out a sneak peek of the “Tangled”-themed float above).

Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future coverage of the development of this new parade.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Susan on April 26th, 2013 at 9:08 am

This looks like it might be a new AFTERNOON parade, rather than a NIGHT-TIME parade. Could you tell us what time of day it will take place? I saw lots of posts last year that you were going to FINALLY bring back “SPECTROMAGIC!” However, I haven’t seen anything posted to that effect lately. — There are a LOT of Disney Fans who LOVE “SPECTRO!” :) Please let me know what you can! Thanks!!!

Christopher on April 26th, 2013 at 9:12 am

Is this going to be a daytime or nighttime parade???? Either way, this concept art looks AMAZING and I’m crazy excited!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2013 at 9:19 am

Daytime. :)

Paul from NY on April 26th, 2013 at 9:19 am

Jennifer, is this parade replacing the existing Celebrate a Dream Come True parade, or will it be in addition?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2013 at 9:29 am

It will replace “Celebrate A Dream Come True” at some point. We do not have a date yet.

Jacqueline on April 26th, 2013 at 9:20 am

Hi Jennifer!

How exciting is this! I can’t wait to see this new parade.

Best regards,
Jacqueline

Catherine on April 26th, 2013 at 9:20 am

LOVE this ! We are going in March 2014, will it be there then ?? Or is spring more an April/May thing. LOL

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2013 at 9:24 am

We don’t have an opening date for this yet…please stay tuned.

Shanna from WI on April 26th, 2013 at 9:24 am

Love the Tangled float! Hopefully it will be running by April next year.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2013 at 9:27 am

Me, too. This float looks great.

John on April 26th, 2013 at 9:37 am

This is fantastic news, can’t wait to see the new parade! The park has been long overdue for a new daytime parade, so as an Annual Pass Holder I am overjoyed!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2013 at 10:23 am

I can’t wait. The renderings look amazing. Should be a great (and beautiful) parade.

Larisa on April 26th, 2013 at 11:03 am

It looks pretty neat. As long as it doesn’t replace my beloved “Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It” parade. I would be so sad if I couldn’t ever hear that song again!

Andrea from PA on April 26th, 2013 at 11:03 am

This is very exciting news, especially for those of us who visit often. As an Annual Passholder, we welcome change. I can’t wait!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2013 at 11:26 am

Should be fun!

Heather from IN on April 26th, 2013 at 11:54 am

This is great news. We are coming in October or 2014, do you anticipate it running by then?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Yes, it is to open in spring 2014.

Samantha on April 26th, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Love the concepts of the new floats! I can’t wait to hear and see this parade! I am excited for the tangled float! I was sad I didn’t get to see Rapunzel on my last visit!

Lindsay on April 26th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

What about Hollywood Studios? Any news of new parade entertainment there?

Maggie from OH on April 26th, 2013 at 12:29 pm

That looks awesome, I can’t wait to see it! On my last visit Prince Naveen gave me a thumbs up when I got excited to see him, I felt so special! I love the parades.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Carrie on April 26th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Just ONE more reason to go back to Disney next year, like we needed another after our great trip down there a few weeks ago!!

Clare from Devon on April 26th, 2013 at 1:53 pm

OOOH! This does look good!
The Tangled float looks fantastic.
Jennifer – you have the best job ever!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Thank you, Clare!

JEANY on April 26th, 2013 at 2:32 pm

awesome! I can’t wait to see it On September 2014!

Allie on April 26th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

THIS IS SO INCREDIBLE!!!! I can’t even tell you how excited I am about this. We go to WDW once or twice a year, every year. The old parade has been there for so long; we’ve been hoping for a new one. And this just looks spectacular!!!! Peter Pan is my all-time favorite character, and the float looks amazing!!!! And Tangled is one of my new favorites, too. I literally gasped out loud when I saw the pictures. I can’t wait!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2013 at 8:51 am

Sounds like you’re in for a treat, Allie.

Alyxandria on April 26th, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Any chance that they’ll be a soundtrack to join the new parade into the parks when it’s released? The Parks make such great music for parades and shows and we have to resort to recording it ourselves just to enjoy it later because there’s no CD’s of it.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2013 at 8:51 am

I’m not sure. Let me look into it (this may take awhile).

Jon on April 26th, 2013 at 11:15 pm

The float designs seem very much like something you’d find at Tokyo Disneyland. Given their new “Happiness is Here” parade as well as the other recent new Disney Parades (Soundsational at Disneyland and Magic Everywhere at Disneyland Paris), I’m excited to see what this new parade is going to look like, same as everyone else.

Matt on April 26th, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Honestly it is about time that WDW gets a Brand new parade. Being part of the Entertainment Department at DLR, i am glade to see a whole new style of parades coming out into the Guests Eyes. Here’s Hoping that it turns out to be great as Soundsational and Flights of Fantasy Parade!!!!

Travis on April 27th, 2013 at 12:59 am

Yay a new parade after 20 years!!!

Salvatrice from NY on April 27th, 2013 at 8:00 am

So very long overdue, and I can’t wait, those drawings are beautiful!

Kristle on April 27th, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I love this…that concept art looks beautiful… but I would have rather seen a change in the nighttime parade or at least to have Spectro Magic back, the last few time I have seen the Electrical parade is always missing a float :(

JANET from AR on April 28th, 2013 at 10:22 am

So exited a new parade is coming. Been expecting it for 9 years! Will the 7 dwarves be featured? Once during the electrical parade Doc and Bashful both gave me high fives. I’m trying for all 7 now.

Laurie from MI on April 29th, 2013 at 9:34 am

So many new things to see since our last trip in April 2012. Can’t wait. Will add this parade to our list!

Anthony on April 29th, 2013 at 10:06 am

Gosh! These artist concepts look amazing! Hope this and The Seven Dwarfs Mine train premiere around the same time!

Autumn on April 29th, 2013 at 11:06 am

We are very excited about this and the New Fantasy Land! Planning our next adventure for October 2014!!! :-)

Jamie on April 29th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I am so excited to hear there’s a Pinocchio float and I am crossing my fingers for a little Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs love soon. I was planning my 2014 trip around the Mine ride, so I’ll have to factor in the new parade, too!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2013 at 8:53 am

Keep checking back. We’ll definitely have more information on this parade as the time nears.

Alexander on April 29th, 2013 at 1:22 pm

This is really beautiful concept art. It shows Disney’s true commitment to craft and storytelling, and I can’t wait to hear more about the process of bringing it to life!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2013 at 8:53 am

I agree. The floats look absolutely lovely.

kathy on April 30th, 2013 at 10:25 am

this looks fantastic as always. I bet the music is catchy,too. I cannot wait to see it.

Lisa on April 30th, 2013 at 12:59 pm

What a magical addition to an already fabulous new Fantasyland expansion! Will Greg Smith write the music? He’s wonderful!

Amber on April 30th, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Ooo, this is so cool! I could cry! I love Celebrate A Dream Come True- but this looks lovely! I can’t wait. Our passes expire this August, and we will be getting new ones in January- no doubt about it now. So many awesome things happening.

Suhaely on May 1st, 2013 at 10:15 am

I cannot wait! My girls and I are looking forward to all the great things that are coming!!!!

Roxana on May 2nd, 2013 at 7:31 am

I’m looking forward to the new parade on our annual visit next year! If we’re voting nighttime parades, PLEASE bring back SpectroMagic. It was the best ever. I can still hear the theme music…remembering the dragonflies lit up, Mickey and his magic crystal ball, the scary castle float, the colored lights that all turn dazzling white at the end….truly Magical.

Kacie on May 3rd, 2013 at 12:02 am

Does anyone want to take bets on whether the castle float will make an appearance in this one too?? I think that thing is older than I am… :-) But seriously, glad to see a new parade there. Those poor parade performers deserve it!

Megan on May 8th, 2013 at 10:34 pm

This looks amazing! I’ve been wanting a new WDW parade for a while! But I must ask, will Wendy definitely be part of the peter pan segment? This is one of the two only places she ever is in WDW and I don’t want one being taken away. But otherwise, this looks great!! I love Tangled and Brave, and Peter pan is my favorite movie!!