Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Holiday Art for the Grand Emporium at Tokyo Disneyland

Disney Parks After Dark: Riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Dusk

posted on April 4th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Tonight’s Disney Parks After Dark photo is a shot that was taken at one of my favorite times of day in our parks – dusk. Is it me, or does this time of day seem to make colors really pop?
Disney Parks After Dark: Riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Dusk

I love this shot of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, shot by Photographer Tom Bricker, at Magic Kingdom Park. It totally makes me want want to take another ride through the tiny mining town of Tumbleweed as soon as possible.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Kristin on April 4th, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Love this ride at night!

robert on April 5th, 2013 at 6:42 am

We rode it once while the firework show was going on over Cinderella’s castle. That was an awesome sight to see.

Judson on April 5th, 2013 at 8:13 am

Love Disneyworld after dark! Cooler air, beautiful lighting, and less crowded. One night in ’98 my brother-in-law & I rode Big Thunder Mountain 5 times in a row while the fireworks were going on. We didn’t even have to get out of the car, just rode on through.

JoAnn from ND on April 5th, 2013 at 9:15 am

We love all the parks after dark. We love going in the fall when you can enjoy AK after dark.

Diane on April 5th, 2013 at 11:29 am

Yes they do

Courtney on April 5th, 2013 at 2:08 pm

This is one of the best rides at night! Sad the one in Disneyland is closed for so long.

Friend on April 5th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Watch out for the Indian Thunderbird God when you ride at night near the Big Thunder Mine.

Dave on April 5th, 2013 at 8:47 pm

My wife and I love to ride BTMRR during the fireworks. What a sight to come out of a tunnel and see a burst of magic in the sky.

Howard on April 6th, 2013 at 8:04 pm

On out last visit we took in MVMCP and decided we wanted to be in that part of the park before the parade. BTMRR was open and not crowded at all. 3 rides later it started to get packed so went to the viewing area and was able to get some great night photos including the train wizzzzzing past. Every time we visit the park we always take in 1 or 2 nights with extended hours and enjoy the sights. So far have taken in the Magic Kingdom during MNSSH and MVMCP, and the night photos are unbelievable. Makes me smile just thinking of the Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Tomorrow Land (the Astro Orbiter is a great place to overlook the park at night!) and other parts of the park all lit up at night. We are already planning our next trip, and now with the new Fantasy Land area, a new area to explore!

Dara on April 8th, 2013 at 10:03 am

What was JoAnn talking about with AK after dark in the fall? I am coming in the fall with my family and I am researching as much as possible before hand…lol Thanks in advance.

Josh on April 9th, 2013 at 10:10 pm

It’s like a completely different ride at night!

Jo on April 14th, 2013 at 11:14 am

We rode this ride on our recent visit at 11.45 pm it was great!