Disney's Electrical Parade

First Three-Park All-Nighter Kicks Off Monstrous Summer at the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts

posted on April 25th, 2013 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

First Three Park All-Nighter Kicks Off Monstrous Summer at the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts
Just seconds ago, a 180-foot-tall Mike Wazowski from the upcoming Disney●Pixar film “Monsters University” made the official announcement that we’re keeping three theme parks open for 24 hours on Memorial Day Weekend, the traditional start of the family travel season, to kick off a Monstrous Summer on both coasts. Wazowski, the loveable green-bodied, one-eyed monster, joins best pal James P. Sullivan (“Sulley”) in the prequel to “Monsters, Inc.”, this summer as college students with hopes of becoming Scarers.

Our first-ever, three-park all-night party is happening at the Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park in California. The parks will stay open from 6 a.m., May 24 to 6 a.m., May 25, 2013, local time.

• In Florida, Magic Kingdom Park will feature a “Monsters University” theme where Mike and Sulley will be the Grand Marshals of the “Celebrate a Dream Come True” day parade and make appearances in Tomorrowland. There will be extra entertainment throughout the day and night, including characters in their pajamas in Town Square during the late night and early morning, and late-night dance parties in and around the courtyard of Cinderella Castle.
  • In California, you’ll be able to party the night away at both parks with special entertainment including: a “Monsters University” “TLT Monstrous” Dance Club and Star Wars characters in Tomorrowland and late-night Character Pajama Party in Mickey’s ToonTown at Disneyland park. The new Fantasy Faire Royal Theatre at Disneyland park will become a Royal Dance Hall late at night with a live band and dancing; and guests of Disney California Adventure park will find Monstrous photo opportunities with new “Monsters University” “Dorms” in Hollywood Land and a new “Monsters University” float leading the Pixar Play Parade.

Tonight, the huge sphere of Spaceship Earth was transformed from Disney Parks icon to Disney●Pixar “Eye-con” for the announcement.

Walt Disney World Resort President George Kalogridis joined Mike to share the news of the Monstrous Summer. “This summer, Disney Parks are bursting with a monstrous lineup of new thrills, shows and happenings,” he said. “Guests can start Memorial Day Weekend with a 24-hour-marathon of memory-making as three parks stay open all day and all night to celebrate the bi-coastal kick-off of our Disney Parks Monstrous Summer.”

All three parks will feature limited-edition specialty merchandise and food and beverage offerings plus other surprises throughout the entire day. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and the Monstrous Summer site for more details in coming weeks.

Tagged: , , , , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Carolyn on April 26th, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Yipppeeee!!! Thats the day we arrive, gonna head straight from our disney resort to the Magic Kingdom and party all night!!!

Robert on April 26th, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Some passes are blacked out the 2nd day (25th) but not the 24th. At what time do you stop allowing those folks to change parks, and I assume the same question for those who buy an exemption ticket…

Amber on April 27th, 2013 at 9:59 am

This is so great! My 20th visit and it falls on my birthday! My husband has no idea what he’s in for…

Joanne on April 27th, 2013 at 11:34 am

Works great for us! The 24th was going to be our last day at the parks in Florida. Now it can be a marathon day! My little ones are going to be very happy and very tired on the 25th.

Andrea on April 27th, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Already made my reservation!!! Can’t wait to take the kids!

Danielle on April 27th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I’m sorry if you’ve already addressed this, but I didn’t want to go through all of the comments. I have an annual pass, can that be used as admission to this or do I have to purchase a separate event ticket?

Yoshelin on April 27th, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Hi me and my husband have a annual pass and on that Saturday it’s blocked would it still work?????

Tiffany on April 27th, 2013 at 6:28 pm

What happens if my passport is only valid on May 24th? Will I get kicked out at midnight?

Jenn on April 27th, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Here’s a question regarding AP holders and comp tickets. Daughter has Premium Annual Pass and I have one comp left. These are both valid tickets, yes? Further, if you are in one park and elect to visit the other is there a chance you won’t get in? (Calif Resort)

chintu on April 28th, 2013 at 12:04 am

im going miss it this year more 24 hour or this one is last one

Joanne on April 28th, 2013 at 8:15 am

What restaurants remain open?

April on April 28th, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Oh man. Thank you Disneyland, you’re doing something extra special on my birthday! But alas, I cannot attend. I SOOOOOOO want to go…

Bickiana on April 28th, 2013 at 2:26 pm

We are planning to be at DHS on May 24th, and at MK on the 25th. We don’t have the park hopper option on our tickets. Am I correct in thinking that if we go to MK after midnight it will be ok to return later on in the day on the 25th?

Roberta on April 28th, 2013 at 4:04 pm

I will be there… we have the annual pass premier. Do we still have to buy a special ticket? Thank you.

ashley on April 28th, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I have a annual pass and may 25th is blocked out for me.If I go the 24th will I have leave the parks at midnight or will I be able to stay the entire 24 hours?

JANIRIS on April 28th, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Florida Resident AP will have access too?

Josh on April 29th, 2013 at 3:29 am

Will this be a blockout date for Annual Passholders?

Susan from VA on April 29th, 2013 at 9:17 am

Will event t-shirts be available at other Magic Kingdom shops or just at the Emporium? It was insanity at the Leap Day event to get a shirt first thing that morning (but I did prevail and I wear it regularly!)

LUIS on April 29th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

got lucky this time my wife and I will be there. thanks DVC

Sam on April 29th, 2013 at 12:26 pm

So after the 24 hours, do the parks still remain open or do they close until the next day?

Andrea from CA on April 29th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Will there be an opportunity to win tickets?

Idorys on April 29th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Some of the articles about this event say that limited attractions will be open. Which attractions will not be available all 24 hours?

Lisa on April 29th, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I have a Deluxe season pass – it is good on the 24th but not on the 25th, how does that work?

Donald on April 29th, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Will there be any other 24 hour periods during the upcoming summer season?

Gregory on April 30th, 2013 at 1:00 pm

People – read the comments above yours. Most of the questions you ask have already been answered.

Amanda from CA on April 30th, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Hi Thomas, will we be able to park hop all night until 6 a.m. (except of course when a park is at capacity)?

Gregory on April 30th, 2013 at 5:20 pm

The “Monstrous Summer” page linked has Disneyworld information only.

Todd from GA on April 30th, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Awesome!! We are going to be apart of the all nighter. Our family is going to dance all night in front of the castle!! Can’t wait :D

Alexandra on April 30th, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Hi,

I have a question, I just booked Pop Century for my birthday all-nighter trip! will the resort buses be running all night long? or would we be better off driving our own car? supper excited I can’t wait to see the characters in their PJs

Brittney from AL on May 1st, 2013 at 9:03 am

Seriously, I squealed outloud when I saw this the other day. I had to come back today to “pin” it :)

Leigh on May 2nd, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Thank you for celebrating my Birthday with me, by staying open for the 24 hours. I will be celebrating a ‘milestone’ birthday on the 25th and was heading to the Park for the day (love the picture with the Happy Birthday greeting at the turnstyle and always get a photo of it). Now I will be heading there for 6am on the 24th, and just before MN I will go out a turnstyle, don my Disney ‘Happy Birthday’ button and re-enter for the Happy Birthday experience and continue partying until dawn. Happy 60th to me!
Then……back on the 26th for the Greek Festival activities at both Disneyland and DCA.
What a truely Magical weekend it will be.

Caitlin on May 6th, 2013 at 3:34 pm

My new husband and I will be there on our honeymoon this week and already planned to be in Magic Kingdom for that exact day! It’s fate! I feel like we should wear our jammies too?

Theresa on May 9th, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Specifically for California – At what time and where can people start lining up to get into the park for the 6am opening? (11pm on the 23rd, 3am on the 24th, etc.)

And at what time will the Mickey and Friends parking structure open, either the night of the 23rd or morning of the 24th?

Steven from FL on May 11th, 2013 at 6:28 am

I’m so pumped for this event.

Hopefully I’ll be able to get as an Annual Passholder like last time when I went for Leap Year. Best night ever!

Siara on May 11th, 2013 at 9:26 pm

So if I have a regular ticket for May 24, I can stay all night till the 25th? There is no special ticket price?

Chloe on May 13th, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Will grad night be going on at the same time?

Brandy on May 16th, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Our vacation is lining up perfectly with this! In Florida, if we have park hopper passes will we be able to spend the day at Epcot and then when it closes go over to the Magic Kingdom to spend the night?

Alexa on May 21st, 2013 at 11:54 pm

If I were to purchase a regular admission ticket beforehand, either online or a AAA office, would I have to wait in line at the ticket window at Magic Kingdom in order to transfer the “voucher” to a physical park ticket?
If so, how long should I expect to wait in line on the 24 hr day?

Hannah on May 22nd, 2013 at 11:08 pm

How crowded does Disneyland get? I will not be able to arrive until around 2 in the afternoon and am staying in the hotel. Is it possible for the park to get overcrowded and my family and I not to get let in? I would hate to waste a trip out there knowing its not possible to even go in the park!!!

Rachel on May 24th, 2013 at 1:03 am

If we have an annual pass is it valid to use? Or do we need to buy a whole new ticket??

Jamie from IL on May 25th, 2013 at 11:17 am

I sure wish I could be there. I was there last year for leap year when the Magic Kingdom was opened for 24 hours and it was awesome. I watched the live feed at 1am when the Main Street Electrical Parade started, I was a little bummed that there was no sound. What I couldn’t believe was after that, tons of people leaving! WHAT?! You’re leaving!!!????? R U kidding me???? Actually that happened last year after the Main Street Electrical Parade was over during leap year day and it made it all that much easier to get to rides, alot of attractions were empty BUT some attractions were closing at 4 am, 5 am. All the good rides were closing which I didn’t understand but I guess they have to clean sometime so I left around 4:45 am, people were still coming in and getting off the monorails and I thought to myself “they’re not going to be happy” So now I’m wondering if they will be doing the same thing this weekend. Anyway, how awesome is 3 days the 1 day was pretty awesome for me but I can’t even imagine how 3 days would be. I know the longest I’ve ever gone without sleep is 36 hours, so I would definitely try to break my record!!!!!!