Disney's Electrical Parade

Imagineers Offer a Sneak Peek Inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Princess Fairytale Hall at New Fantasyland

posted on April 25th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Who’s ready for an update on the remaining construction in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park?

Walt Disney Imagineering just shared a new video with us that offers up a look inside the two attractions in New Fantasyland that are still yet to debut: Princess Fairytale Hall and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
“Princess

Princess Fairytale Hall, which will open later this year, will be the ultimate destination in which to greet Disney royalty. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, a family coaster that is set to open in 2014, will take Magic Kingdom Park guests on a musical journey through the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The attraction will offer an innovative ride system with a train of vehicles that respond to every twist and turn, plus appearances by animated figures from “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” and music from this classic Disney film.

In this video, Imagineers Jason Grandt, Pam Rawlins, and Dave Minichiello take you behind the scenes for an update.

Which of these attractions are you most excited to see for yourself? Let us know in the “Comments” section below.

To join the discussion online, use the hashtag #NewFantasyland on Twitter.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Caroline on April 25th, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Can’t wait until the seven dwarfs mine train opens!I wish the mine train would be open when I go in August!

Alexis on April 25th, 2013 at 2:23 pm

This is fantastic! You guys rock!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 25th, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Our Imagineers are amazing!

Chrystal on April 25th, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Im so excited for the Seven Dwarf Mine ride! Those dwarfs are my favorite characters of all time! :-)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 25th, 2013 at 3:01 pm

That’s great to hear, Chrystal!

Erin on April 25th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

We were there for the opening of New Fantasyland and saw the progress when we returned for NYE! Can’t wait to see the final product! Any idea when Princess Fairytale Hall will open?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 25th, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Later this year is all we know at this point, Erin. Please keep checking back…we’ll post more as soon as we know.

Dara on April 25th, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I can’t wait for the seven dwarves mine ride. It has always been my dream to become an imagineer when i grow up (working my way there. that or dolphin trainer

Stephane from QC on April 25th, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I cannot WAIT for the Dwarves coaster. But I’m super worried that “in 2014″ means not before March, which is when we’ll be down. *sad*

Joe on April 25th, 2013 at 4:51 pm

We were there in December and got a glimpse of the new Fantasyland, it’s a big jump from the days of Mickey’s Birthdayland, that’s for sure! Great imagineering, and looking very forward to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2013 at 10:33 am

I’m amazed by the level of detail and care the Imagineers put into New Fantasyland. It turned out great.

Darlene on April 25th, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Just seeing all this contruction being done for the Dwarfs Mine Train in the New Fantasyland is very exciting indeed. We are going to Disneyworld next April and looking forward to seeing it in person all completed. Disneyworld is a very happy place for all ages.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2013 at 10:33 am

Thank you, Darlene.

Surina from AZ on April 25th, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I’m so glad we get to see and meet Imagineers, they truly do MAKE the magic happen. Thanks for the behind the scenes look :)

Gale from MD on April 26th, 2013 at 7:27 am

We can not wait for the MINE TRAIN ! any idea when it will open so we can make some WDW reservations? !!!!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2013 at 10:32 am

As soon as we know, we’ll share it here.

Megan on April 26th, 2013 at 9:06 am

Boy, I’m I glad that I am waiting till next summer to go to WDW! I don’t want to miss anything that is new! Can’t wait! Thank you to the amazing imagineers!

Bridget on April 26th, 2013 at 11:52 am

Sounds great but will still miss Snow Whites not so scary adventure ride

Colleen from TX on April 26th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Any idea on the height requirements? This ride looks amazing and I’m hoping everyone is tall enough!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 26th, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I’ll look into it…I’m not sure if that has been determined.

Friend on April 26th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Great seeing “Little Dave” again in the Dwarf’s Mine Train video and know he had a Thunderous example while he was in Paris Disneyland. This has got me thinking to what mining would be like back in Snow White’s day. Are they still mining rare diamonds and jewels as at Disneyland’s Snow White attraction and in the animated film?

bob on April 27th, 2013 at 6:38 am

The new Fantasyland is awesome. I got to have lunch with Pam in January and she recommended seeing Belle’s cottage. The mirror effect was incredible. I also had dinner in Be Our Guest and loved it totally. They did an awesome job. I look forward to the mine train since Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs are one of my favorites especially Snow White ;)

Gwen on April 28th, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Will the Princess Fairytale be open in September?

Kelsey on April 29th, 2013 at 9:16 am

As much as any girl can love princesses, I’m much more excited about the Mine Train! I love thrill rides, and I’m glad to see another ride along these lines. We were just there at the beginning of April and got to explore the New Fantasyland, but can’t wait to see the rest of it!

Jack on April 29th, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I also hope the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is open in March of 2014 when we will be there celebrating a couple of college graduations!! (which also means I hope it is suitable for 4 adults[2 parents, 2 kids]-lol)

Jessica on April 29th, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Thank you Imagineers! I can’t wait to become one,as I have always dreamed to become a Disney Imagineer!

Luke on April 29th, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Can’t wait to ride the fourth mountain in the Magic Kingdom.

Gloria on April 30th, 2013 at 11:01 am

I can’t wait to ride it at MK, I just know it’s going to be great. So happy that MK is getting this new ride.

Wendy on April 30th, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Seven dwarfs mine train

Philip on May 1st, 2013 at 10:11 am

Awww man, myself and fam will miss out on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (going to DW December 2013) but we’ll definitely make another trip after it opens. My son is too young right now anyway but hopefully he’ll be old enough to ride the train on the next trip. Can’t wait to check it out!

Tony from VA on May 1st, 2013 at 10:11 am

Have they released any “specs” on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train? As someone who doesn’t really like roller coasters but don’t want the kids (ages 9 and 6) to miss out on anything, it’d be nice to know how this ride will compare to, say, Splash Mountain or The Barnstormer (both of which, I’m happy to say, I actually rode when we were at WDW last year. Splash Mtn 4 times actually.) For an adult, those 2 rides may not sound all that impressive, but for me, it was a big deal :)

John from MA on May 1st, 2013 at 10:15 am

Ok, you got my interest. For a change in our Christmas celebration our family visited WDW last year on Christmas week. It was not our first visit but certainly the nicest. The team at WDW has done wonders with Fantasyland and this final touch has captured my interest in a return I thought would be put off for a couple more years. I tip my Mickey Ears hat to all of you that continue to bring new innovation and excitement to what we all know IS the most magical place on Earth. I’m “on track” for a 2013 fall visit.

Suhaely on May 1st, 2013 at 10:18 am

My entire family is looking forward to this! Love it!!!

Eileen from CT on May 1st, 2013 at 11:15 am

We will be there in November and would be happy to test out the Mine Train for you!!! Whatever you have done! hehehe

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 17th, 2013 at 6:11 pm

You can easily see the construction from all over New Fantasyland/Fantasyland. It’s amazing just how big this attraction is going to be.

Jennifer on May 1st, 2013 at 11:22 am

I can’t wait for the Mine Train ride!!! I only wish it would be open when we are there in Feb 2014 for our next Disney Cruise. But I know things usually open around June…

We are going to have a blast in New Fantasyland though! My daughter is going to flip when she sees the new Princess hall. Can’t wait!

Barbara from OK on May 1st, 2013 at 11:48 am

Can’t wait, I sure miss Snow White’s Scary (????) Adventures. This sounds even more exciting. December 2014!!!!

Tracy on May 1st, 2013 at 11:57 am

Dave really made me excited for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I really loved how he referred to it as a show. That is really how I feel about all the attractions at Disney, nothing is just a ride.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 17th, 2013 at 6:10 pm

That’s so true, Tracy.

Robin on May 1st, 2013 at 6:41 pm

When do they expect the mine ride to be finished. I can’t wait.

Rebecca on May 20th, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Any word on when Fairytale Hall will open in 2013? We are coming in November. Do you think it will be open by then?
Thanks!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 17th, 2013 at 6:10 pm

No word yet, stay tuned!

Callie on June 1st, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I’m so excited. I know they’re looking at 2014 for the opening of the ride now but have they said when? Spring 2014, Summer, Fall? Just wanting to plan my next vacation and really don’t want to miss this ride!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 17th, 2013 at 6:09 pm

That piece hasn’t been announced yet. As soon as we know, it will be right here.

Barbara from MD on June 6th, 2013 at 8:23 am

As always I am amazed at the talent of the Imagineers! I do miss the Snow White ride though.

Susan on June 7th, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I just can’t wait!

Dorothy from AL on June 7th, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Can’t wait to ride seven dwarfs mine train in 2014. Hopefully the youngest grandchild is tall enough to ride by then.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 17th, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Best of luck!

julian on June 10th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

We were there in March and got to see a lot of the development going on. There for 4 days and we had a wonderful time with our whole family. Hope to be back soon when all of the new castles and attractions are done. I was there as a child the first year the park opened in florday and now my children are enjoying it! Thank you Disney World for always creating a memorable experience!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 17th, 2013 at 6:08 pm

I’m with ya, Julian! :)

Mary on August 3rd, 2013 at 1:48 am

Is there any word yet on when the Mine Train will open?

Brian on August 18th, 2013 at 7:12 pm

when is the ride opening in 2014?