Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

James Franco Walks in Walt’s Footsteps at the Disneyland Resort

posted on April 5th, 2013 by George Savvas, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

James Franco, star of Disney’s “Oz The Great and Powerful,” visited the Disneyland Resort last week and there was one thing he wanted to do that he’s never done before during his visits: get to know Walt Disney.

When I met up with him on Buena Vista Street he said he was really looking forward to his “Walk in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps” Tour that day. James said he was inspired to learn more about Walt for a film production class he is teaching at the School of Cinematic Arts at USC.

James Franco poses with the 'Storytellers' statue on Buena Vista Street

What better place to start learning about one of the world’s greatest storytellers than right here?

Filed: Celebrity Visits, Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

Jeanie on April 5th, 2013 at 6:13 pm

I’ve been on the Walk in Walt’s footsteps tour several times. I love that they change it every couple years, keeping it fresh, entertaining, and educational. It’s a must for every Disney fan.

Danielle on April 5th, 2013 at 7:22 pm

How interesting, I had heard rumors that he had visited Disneyland recently and that’s a very cool reason why. Haven’t been on the Walk in Walt’s Footsteps tour before but now I am intrigued. I have previously visited the Archives Exhibit at the Ronald Reagan Library and the Disney Family Museum and those were both fantastic experiences that delved into Walt’s life (eager to go back to the Reagan library before the exhibit closes).

Katie on April 5th, 2013 at 8:14 pm

what!? what day was he there? this is the 2nd time I’ve missed him ):

Jessica on April 5th, 2013 at 9:08 pm

I just did this March 29 and loved it! You get so much more info then you could ever expect. Staff was awesome. You get to go in Walt’s apartment,club33, and it comes with lunch. You get to know about attractions and you get a chance to ask questions. Great tour for sure.

Mary Kathryn on April 6th, 2013 at 9:45 am

We are WDW veteransand DVC Members. We had the opportunity to be in CA in November and seized the opportunity to stay at DL. I could not pass up the chance to take the “Footsteps” tour. It was awesome. Our tour guide was great. To hear all the tales about the DL- The only park Walt every had “footsteps” in – was amazing. Of course there were MANY Disney surprises along the way. The stories, the lunch, seeing THE elevator at Club 33 and of course the visit to the family apartment made for an experience I will always remember. Highly recommended – 2 thumbs up!

Desiree on April 6th, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I need to do the tour. I’m going to make sure to do it in May (next trip.)