Walt Disney World, The Haunted Mansion Graveyard Scene

Long-Lost Disney Friends Coming to Disneyland Park for ‘Limited Time Magic’ April 8-14

posted on April 5th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Your votes have been counted, and it’s time for some of your favorite long-lost Disney friends to step into the spotlight here at Disneyland park for some “Limited Time Magic.” From April 8-14, you will find them at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree in Frontierland. So, who were the winners of our online poll? Drumroll, please …

You will have the chance to visit the following long-lost Disney friends during this “Limited Time Magic” event:

Esmeralda, From 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame,' Will be at Disneyland Park for 'Limited Time Magic' Pocahontas Will be at Disneyland Park for 'Limited Time Magic'
  • From “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” – Esmeralda, Clopin and Frollo
  • From “Pocahontas” – Pocahontas, John Smith, Meeko and Governor Ratcliffe
  • From “Robin Hood” – Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Prince John and Sheriff of Nottingham
  • And my favorite “duck duo” – Scrooge McDuck and Ludwig Von Drake

But that’s not all! There will be even more long-lost Disney friends to see, so make plans to visit Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree from April 8-14 to find out who else will be visiting during this special event.

Which long-lost Disney friends are you most excited to see?

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Brendan from CA on April 5th, 2013 at 1:08 pm

CLOPIN!!

Dinah on April 5th, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I am so so so excited! I have been waiting for this ever since it was announced. And since you’ll have even more long-lost friends there during that week, I may have to go more than once!

Carolyn from CA on April 5th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I’m so excited to see Meeko. Now I just have to see if I can get to the park this coming week

Carolina on April 5th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Oh, so cool! I’ll be there in June/July…tickets booked! There had better be some long lost friends then!

George on April 5th, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Erin, sounds like another top-notch event from Disneyland Resort Entertainment. Thanks for the update, and cant wait to see pics from the event!

Debra from CA on April 5th, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Can’t wait! Any chance Capt Jack Sparrow and Angelica might be there?

Gregory on April 5th, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I would like to see Meg!

Rebecca on April 5th, 2013 at 1:53 pm

MEKKO and Esmeralda!!!! I still have my old, old, OLD signature book with both of them in it!!! omg i want to go… but no.. money!! :’(

Philip on April 5th, 2013 at 1:57 pm

It’s great that the characters that were mentioned in this article ended up getting the most votes and winning.

It sounds like DL’s Long-Lost Friends Week might be better than the one we had at WDW in January.

I hope that the rumors of WDW hosting another Long-Lost Friends Week later this year turn out to be true and if they do, I hope that they’ll step up their game and bring even more of our old friends back from obscurity.

Adam on April 5th, 2013 at 2:00 pm

You have noidea how many times I voted for Robin Hood. My wife and I will be there Monday!!!!!!

Melissa on April 5th, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Yes! Exactly who I voted for. Can’t wait for my next weekly visit; I LOVE Limited Time Magic!!

Courtney on April 5th, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Is there any chance they will stick around for longer than that week? I’m going in May and would love to see them!!

Erin Glover on April 5th, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Courtney – At this time, these long lost Disney friends are only scheduled to appear April 8-14.

Mya on April 5th, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Hurray! We will be there that weekend and Robin Hood is one of my favorites! Can’t wait!

Marjorie from CA on April 5th, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Scrooge McDuck and Professor Ludwig Von Drake!!!! YAY!

Karen on April 5th, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Erin,
Any idea what hours the Characters will be out between? Like 10:00 to 5:00 rotating every 30 mintues for example?

Thanks Can’t wait too see these long lost Characters!
Karen

Erin Glover on April 5th, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Long lost Disney friends will be appearing from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm each day, except for Saturday (4/13) when the location will close at 5 pm.

Maggie on April 5th, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Will all these characters be doing autographs? If not, which ones will? Thanks for the answer ahead of time!

Erin Glover on April 5th, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Most will, Maggie – but just check with a cast member at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree to ask about specific characters.

Carlene on April 5th, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I have always wanted to meet Pocahontas and I’m glad to have had my vote counted towards the decision! Looking forward to a visit on the 14th…and possibly the 13th!

Kristina on April 5th, 2013 at 5:35 pm

i would love you see all those characters at the park =) but unfortunately i wont make it till may ..
Erin, do you know if those characters would come out in may also would love to see them when i go!!

Erin Glover on April 5th, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I’m sorry, Kristina – at this time, this event is only scheduled for April 8-14.

Sigris from CA on April 5th, 2013 at 6:04 pm

I’m so excited to see Scrooge and the 3 Little Pigs!!! Are all the characters doing signatures?

Erin Glover on April 5th, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Most of the Disney friends appearing during this special event will be signing autographs, but just check with a cast member at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree to ask about specific characters.

Cherylyn on April 5th, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I wish we lived closer. We were lucky to see Pocahontas when we visited from Australia in June 2011. Didn’t realize how lucky we were if she’s not a regular Princess. We can’t wait to visit again in 2014!

Elena on April 5th, 2013 at 6:23 pm

It looks like I picked a GREAT week to go!! I can’t wait! MEEKO!!

Jackie on April 5th, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Will all of the characters make an appearance each day of Long Lost Friends week? SO excited about Pocahontas and Esmeralda!!

Francisco on April 5th, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I guess I missed the voting Erin Glover can you tell me who was on the list to pick from ?

Nicole on April 5th, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Oh my gosh, i cant believe i am missing this event by ONE week!, not even, more like one DAY!!! I am arriving on the 15th!!!!! what is the limited magic for the 15th?

Chadwick on April 5th, 2013 at 9:02 pm

When they did this in WDW, the characters did not sign autographs. The cast members handed out preprinted cards with their signatures on them. This helped keep the lines moving quickly. The line for Robin Hood was by far the most popular.

Fred from CA on April 5th, 2013 at 9:24 pm

It will be really cool to see Scrooge McDuck and Ludwig Von Drake!

Blake from BC on April 5th, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I’m literally going to have THE BEST 20th Birth-Week EVER next week! Things just keep going right for this trip I’ve planned! Can’t wait to meet whoever I can while I’m there, I know it’s going to be amazing! :D

Samuel on April 6th, 2013 at 12:04 am

Hello! Will all four sets of friends show up everyday between April 8th and 14th?

Erin Glover on April 8th, 2013 at 11:53 am

Samuel – These four groups (and more) will be appearing all week in a rotation, so you never know who you will see! Just check with a cast member at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree to find out who is appearing on the day of your visit.

Merrilee on April 6th, 2013 at 12:40 am

Limited Time Magic is far too limited. I am very excited about Robin Hood (as anyone who knows me could tell you) but there’s no way we’ll make it down there by then :( Last time I saw Robin Hood I was 10 or 11 and I got his autograph at the Plaza Inn Character Breakfast. Oh I had such a crush on him (still do!). That was 28 years ago and I’ve been waiting all this time to see him again… So sad…

Merrilee on April 6th, 2013 at 12:43 am

But we will be there April 28-30 as part of our honeymoon should Robin decide to visit then… He’s such a fox!

Kevin on April 6th, 2013 at 1:17 am

Forgive me if I’m repeating a question Erin but, Big Thunder Mountain RR is due to be closed until October for track replacement and when my girlfriend and I were there about 2 and a half weeks ago the “trail” was also closed, all the way to Fantasyland which means Big Thunder Ranch was closed. Can I assume this means that Big Thunder Trail and the “Ranch” will be open by then, providing the crane and other equipment are moved over? If so, when?
(I guess that’s a dumb question)

Erin Glover on April 8th, 2013 at 11:54 am

Don’t worry, Kevin – Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree is open and accessible all week.

nujnuj on April 6th, 2013 at 1:26 am

Darkwing Duck?

Cherna on April 6th, 2013 at 3:36 am

Hi. Are the same characters going to be there each day? Or will each day have different character groups? I’ll be going the 13 or 14 & if the characters are on different days I want to go both days to get as many as possible. Thanks

Erin Glover on April 8th, 2013 at 11:55 am

The groups will vary by day. Please check with a cast member at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree on the day of your visit to find out who will be there that day.

Gregory from PA on April 6th, 2013 at 5:46 am

I’m hyperventilating. Esmeralda and Scrooge McDuck! It’s like a dream come true! The only thing that would make it more magical is if my brother had the chance to come to Disneyland with me!

Sam on April 6th, 2013 at 11:04 am

Disneyland did this a couple of years ago and it was blast. In addition to the characters that won the online survey that year, many more showed up as well. Once you go inside The Festival Arena, you won’t want to leave.
The best part is at the end of the day. All the characters come out for a group photo. So make a point not to miss that. It’s a rare photo opportunity, that’s for sure.

Gregory on April 6th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

[different Gregory than the ones above]
I will be there Monday, but it would be nice to have clarification before then: Will both the Frontierland and Fantasyland paths to Big Thunder Ranch be open?

Erin Glover on April 8th, 2013 at 11:56 am

Yes – Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree is open and accessible all week.

Sigris from CA on April 6th, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Kevin and Gregory- Big Thunder Ranch is open. It’s been open for a while. Only the ride is closed off. The paths that lead around are all open.

Philip on April 6th, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Re: Francisco, the character groupings that were offered in the poll were as follows:

-Clarabelle Cow & Horace Horsecollar
-Flik & Princess Atta
-Jack Sparrow & Angelica
-the Little Einsteins

Francisco on April 7th, 2013 at 11:51 am

thanks Philip

Patricia on April 7th, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Definitely Frollo! He’s fun to meet and greet haha! Esmeralda and Clopin will be a treat, I love the Hunchback crew!

Jeremy on April 7th, 2013 at 11:04 pm

I was hoping for Uncle Remus.

Cecilia from CA on April 8th, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Scrooge McDuck!! Yippeee, Don’t think I’ll get to be there until Saturday though. Hopefully he’ll be there too. :-/

Freddy on April 8th, 2013 at 7:26 pm

i was hoping for jack sparrow !!! i guess we will have to wait till mickeys Halloween party again lol

Ana on April 8th, 2013 at 8:57 pm

I’m so excited Pocahontas and Meeko are back! But the time is so short): You guys should really extend it!!

Gregory on April 8th, 2013 at 9:39 pm

The Adventureland path to Big Thunder Ranch was closed Monday.

Characters do not sign – you get autograph cards for each group.

Adam on April 9th, 2013 at 1:17 am

I won’t ruin the surprise for everyone, but there are plenty of extra characters there that were not announced. My wife and I went today and spent the entire morning and afternoon there. It was amazing!

Dawn on April 10th, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I voted for Clarabelle & Horace. I have wanted a photo with Clarabelle for yEARS. Can you tell me if these characters will be appearing at Big Thunder Ranch?

Gregory on April 10th, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Clarabelle & Horace are not one of the groups out for Long Lost Friends week. The last time they were out for meet ‘n greet at Disneyland was at Disney Character Fan Days a couple of years ago.

George on April 15th, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Erin, we took the plunge and purchased a last minute plane ticket to attend the event. Loved every moment of the trip, truly magical!

I hope the Disneyland Resort puts on more of these events, Id attend every single one!

Just one small request, two weeks notice would be a little better for planning, thanks again!