Muppet*Vision 3D at Disney California Adventure Park

‘May The Fourth Be With You’ Celebrated at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for ‘Limited Time Magic’

posted on April 26th, 2013 by Gary Buchanan, Social Media Managing Editor

For one day only, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will present a “Limited Time Magic” event for the annual, fan-proclaimed “Star Wars Day,” May 4 – a date that Star Wars fans worldwide turn into a celebratory pun, “May the Fourth Be With You!”
May The Fourth Be With You at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Separate from our month-long Star Wars Weekends special event (which begins May 17), this “Limited Time Magic” celebration features special Star Wars entertainment, characters, commemorative merchandise, a Star Wars dance party and a Star Wars-themed fireworks show to cap off the day.

You might even find yourself sitting next to Chewbacca aboard Star Tours – The Adventures Continue. Star Wars characters will make surprise appearances on the 3-D attraction to enjoy the wild journey through space alongside park guests.

A special edition of Jedi Training Academy also is planned that day, with parents invited to join their children (ages 4-12, sign-ups required on first-come basis) on-stage for the training and final showdown with the Empire.

When the sun goes down, galactic fun lights the night as Lobot (from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back) takes over as DJ for a dance party that will be highlighted by a special Star Wars fireworks show.

“May the Fourth Be With You” “Limited Time Magic” park activities and shows are included in regular admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Join the conversation online by using the hash tag #StarWarsWeekends on Twitter.

Star Wars: © 2013 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Mark on April 26th, 2013 at 9:08 am

You know what Disney? You’ve just made this trip I’m taking this weekend even more awesome! This is great!

David on April 26th, 2013 at 9:13 am

I’m going to be celebrating Star Wars Day, May the 4th, at Walt Disney World with my family, but we’ll be in a different park. We’ll be at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for runDisney’s Expedition Everest Challenge. However, I can’t seem to get my teammate (my 12 year old daughter) to agree to my costume idea to run as Darth Vader and Princess Leia though…

Jacqueline on April 26th, 2013 at 9:16 am

Hi Gary!

We can’t wait to return to Walt Disney World for our twenty-third visit this August. My son who has Autism loves Star Tours and I can imagine his joy if Chewbacca was his companion on the attraction!

“May the Fourth Be With You” too!!

“Use the force, Gary.”

Jacqueline

Danielle on April 26th, 2013 at 9:17 am

Going to miss this by a week. Bummer. Looks to be like a fun event. Hoping we get to see MORE Star Wars at DHS in the coming years. More More More!!

Beth on April 26th, 2013 at 9:20 am

I’m with David on this one–we will be at Animal Kingdom for the Expedition Everest Challenge. Such a bummer, since fireworks at Hollywood Studios is such a rare treat these days.

kimberly on April 26th, 2013 at 9:27 am

Coming 4/30-5/7. Is this the only limited time magic event for the week?

Jaime on April 26th, 2013 at 9:33 am

I really wish I had known about this sooner, 1 week is not enough time to plan to come to this!

yulady from FL on April 26th, 2013 at 10:12 am

Can you tell us at what time the fireworks are? If they’re at midnight it might give us a chance to go from Expedition Everest Challenge to DHS to watch them.

Brian on April 26th, 2013 at 11:10 am

Any plans to roll this out at D Land or DCA?

Kristina on April 26th, 2013 at 11:13 am

I feel so lucky that we’re going to be there for this! I had to move around some ADRs to make sure we get the most time in DHS that day but it’s so worth it!
Every time I read about the limited time magic events that we’re missing out on I go “aww :( bummer” so psyched that this isn’t one we will miss!!
Wonder how many times I’ll have to ride Star Tours before I get to see a surprise character appear? ;)

Laura on April 26th, 2013 at 11:18 am

I would love to see those fireworks! That sounds great! I’ll be there for the Expedition Everest Challenge also, and I doubt the timing will work out such that I could be at Hollywood Studious and also participate in all the race stuff which I have been so looking forward to. However, one never knows!

Nicholas on April 26th, 2013 at 11:45 am

The fireworks show was one of the best ever. (If it is indeed the same show they did for The Last Tour to Endor) I was hoping they would bring them out for Star Wars weekend…still keeping my fingers crossed.

Evan from FL on April 26th, 2013 at 11:54 am

Might be able to see some of the stuff during the day, but we’re doing the Expedition Everest challenge that night.

Rikki from MO on April 26th, 2013 at 2:38 pm

This event actually looks really awesome! One of the best Limited Time Magic offerings for this year actually! Only wish I could have been there to celebrate! I’ll be there the following week though! Look forward to what’s offered that week.

May the Fourth Be With You!

Shari from AB on April 26th, 2013 at 4:36 pm

So jealous of people who live in Orlando right now! I am thinking I am going to have to move! Not fair ;)

Crystal on April 26th, 2013 at 6:23 pm

The Yoda Pin that comes out on may 2nd that’s displayed on the Disney Parks merchandise webby where can I get it from please so I can wear it on May 4th as there is no location given just Hollywood Studios :)

Logan on April 26th, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Are guests allowed to come dressed up to this event?

Tamara on April 26th, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I am so excited! We’re going to be there that weekend and May 4th is my birthday! Do you know what time the fireworks will be?

I really hope they sell a shirt that says May the Fourth be with you. =)

Ziro on April 27th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

sweet! any clone wars stuff?

Debra from FL on April 28th, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Hi Gary- This sounds amazing & I can’t wait to attend!!! What time will the dance party and especially the fireworks be? Will the times be posted on the WDW website? I want to make sure I don’t the miss fireworks for sure. Fireworks at Hollywood Studios are always a treat!

Mary from MN on April 28th, 2013 at 3:41 pm

We’re coming in for the Expedition Everest Challenge, too. We decided we’d head to DHS first thing in the AM and see what we could take in. SOOO bummed we’ll miss the fireworks.

NATHAN on April 28th, 2013 at 11:24 pm

My son is sooo exited. We are arriving that day and he is a huge star wars fan. When will firework times be announced? We have mickeys bbq at 6:15 and are wondering if we can make it back to hs in time for the fireworks

KristinLong on April 30th, 2013 at 11:40 am

I have loved watching all of these events unfold via Parks Blog and Twitter from everyone attending the MonstrousSummer media event! I can’t wait to earn my new Glass Slipper Bling and hopefully the new Coast to Coast Pink medal as well! Kudos Disney….You always keep us on our toes! love it!

Oren on April 30th, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Are any pics of the tshirts available to view? If so, where can I find them?

Kimberly on April 30th, 2013 at 5:57 pm

What is the Everest challenge everyone is talking about? My daughter and I will be at HS all day that day, cant wait.

james on May 2nd, 2013 at 6:09 pm

so cool hope rain dont effect it me and my friends will be at hs all day :) hope to c you all there

Lisa from FL on May 2nd, 2013 at 7:28 pm

I am surprising my 5 yr old son who is a huge Star Wars fan by taking him on Saturday. Unfortunately he is not going to be able to ride Star Tours with any characters because he cannot ride it by himself and since I also have a 1 yr old to watch we cannot ride. Hoping that seeing the characters and the fireworks will make him happy.