Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Stretch Painting

New Eatery for Morocco Pavilion in World Showcase at Epcot

posted on April 1st, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

“Spice
Look for a new waterfront eatery by the end of this year at the Morocco Pavilion in World Showcase at Epcot. Spice Road Table will feature various small plates and refreshments inspired by the cuisine of the Mediterranean. With seating both indoors and out, it’s a welcome addition to the line-up along World Showcase Lagoon.

Stay tuned for other “enhancements” to the pavilion and more news on Spice Road Table as menus are finalized.

Filed: Disney Dining, Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Nicholas on April 1st, 2013 at 12:08 pm

With such a short time frame, I’m guessing this will not be a full-scale waterside restaurant, like La Hacienda. That one took well over a year.

Can you tell us any more detail about the size and scope of the new place?

leah on April 1st, 2013 at 12:22 pm

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deborah on April 1st, 2013 at 12:41 pm

What a gorgeous place for a restaurant! Looking forward to trying it!

Beth from KY on April 1st, 2013 at 12:43 pm

So Exciting!!!

Mary from MN on April 1st, 2013 at 1:08 pm

SO SO SO excited! Can’t wait to see the menu!

Christopher from NH on April 1st, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I’ve heard lagoon-side restaurants were going to be a trend with the pavilions in Epcot. If this begins going through, has anyone mentioned the reduction of viewing spots for illuminations (my favorite fireworks show @ WDW)or is there something new in the works to solve this?

Joanna on April 1st, 2013 at 4:39 pm

YES! MORE MOROCCAN FOOD!!! I seriously walk all the way through Epcot just to eat at Morocco, if nothing else.

@Christopher re: Illuminations seating…from personal experience, Morocco’s really not the best pavilion to watch the show from anyway, so I wouldn’t be too concerned on that account. (Obstructed view through the trees on the islands and the globe is teeny tiny from there.)

Bart on April 2nd, 2013 at 12:09 am

Very good news! The Morocco pavilion is a “happy place” for me every time I come down. While the selfish side of me would like it to remain quiet and sometimes overlooked so I can always find a table to enjoy a Casa beer and take in the sights, sounds, and smells, anything that enhances it is a good thing! Can’t wait to hear what the “other enhancements” planned are.

Scott from NY on April 2nd, 2013 at 9:30 pm

I love Tangerine Cafe! Will the new restaurant be sit down or counter service?

Jim on April 3rd, 2013 at 7:39 am

It sounds like its going to be a Moroccan tapas restaurant. That sounds delightful!!

Diane on April 5th, 2013 at 11:31 am

Can’t wait sounds Awesome…