Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Private Island for a Day at Disney’s Castaway Cay

posted on April 11th, 2013 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

Hello from Castaway Cay! There are no ships in sight today, but I’m here (with some Disney friends!) getting a taste of what private island life is like.

We arrived this morning and were greeted by an old friend…
“Volleyball

You may recall that I first met him on the island a few years ago, and now he’s back! We’ll be live tweeting about his experience on Castaway Cay all day today from Disney Cruise Line’s Twitter account @DisneyCruise. Be sure to follow us and join the conversation by using the hashtag #CastawayCay!

I’ll share more about our time on the island with you when I return home. Until then, tell me…if you could have Castaway Cay to yourself, what would you do?

For more posts highlighting Castaway Cay, see below:

Tagged:

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Rick on April 11th, 2013 at 3:19 pm

LOVE Disney Cruises! Castaway Cay is great.

Bethany on April 11th, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Sometime around 1978 while staying at the Polynesian village we rented a boat for the afternoon. We boated out to an island and palyed all afternoon.
I don’t know if that is what is now castaway cay, but to us it seemed like a deserted island.
What a great adventure and what a great memory.

jennifer from Angus on April 11th, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Haha clearly Wilson has the disney bug !

Scott from FL on April 11th, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I’d love to take photographs around the island at sunset, at night, at sunrise, and when the next ship is arriving!

Miranda from FL on April 11th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

@ Bethany, Castaway Cay is in the Bahamas and Disney cruise ships go there. Your thinking of Beachcombers Isle which is in Seven Seas Lagoon in front of Magic Kingdom.

Diane on April 11th, 2013 at 7:37 pm

I would read all day on the quiet beach and enjoy the serenity of peace. What do the Cast Members do when no cruise is there by the way ? Just curious It would be a great blog post if your up for an interview…

Alison on April 11th, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I would sleep under the shade of an umbrella and dream Disney dreams!

Paul on April 12th, 2013 at 8:19 am

I would explore the island and try to find all of the areas mentioned in the Kingdom Keepers books! At his recent booking signing, I asked Ridley Pearson to tell me about the secret areas of the island. He refused, but got a good laugh out of it. He’s a fantastic writer and a real nice person to meet.

Desiree on April 13th, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Sleep on the beach and do some exploring!