Mad Tea Party at Disneyland Resort

Top Five Best-Selling Dishes at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

posted on April 24th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Did you know that one new offering at this year’s Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival are a selection of Garden Marketplaces around World Showcase?

Our friends in Food & Beverage just shared with us the top-five best-selling dishes at this year’s event. Check them out:

Pork Slider at BBQ & Brews Kiosk at the American Pavilion

1. Pork Slider (BBQ & Brews Kiosk at the American Pavilion)
  2. Beef Brisket (BBQ & Brews Kiosk at the American Pavilion)
  3. Potato Pancake (Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market at the German Pavilion)
  4. Shrimp & Grits at Florida Fresh Marketplace on the Mexico Side of World Showplace

5. Shrimp & Grits (Florida Fresh marketplace on the Mexico side of World Showplace)
  6. Salmon-Cottage (The Cottage: Savories, Trifles and Tea – United Kingdom)

Oh, and if you’re in for drinks and dessert as well, try Pineapple Upside Down Cake and the Dole Whip (with or without rum), which are both located at the Pineapple Promenade near the Canada Pavilion.

Have you tried any of these? Tell us what you think in the “Comments” section below!

Read on for more updates from the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney Dining, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Paul on April 24th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Loved the beef brisket with jalap cornbread and greens!! But what about the Frushi in Japan?!?!?!? It was by far the most memorable food item we had on our quest to fill our Flower and Garden stamp books. The candied strawberries in China were a close second.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 25th, 2013 at 8:48 am

I’ve heard the candied strawberries are amazing. Will have to add that to my list to try.

Nicole on April 24th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

This all looks AMAZING! Jealous that I’m going to miss festival again. Maybe next year! Potato pancakes are my favorite, my kids too! Thanks for these wonderful update. Yummy, Dole Whip!

Brian on April 24th, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Both BBQ options were truly outstanding. We had each option 3 times during our trip! Surprised there isn’t more love for the savory bread pudding from the Bauernmarkt booth and the mango chutney goat cheese stuffed pastry from the cottage.

Lisa from FL on April 24th, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Interesting.. I haven’t been to the American kiosk yet, I’ll check it out next time I go. I love the Chirashi Hanazushi in Japan and the Baked Goat’s Brie with Kumquat Chutney in the UK.

Linda on April 24th, 2013 at 7:58 pm

The potato pancake was tasty but the shrimp and grits were amazing. I wish I had more than one day at Epcot so that I could have tried more things than I did!

Mark on April 24th, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I will be arriving on Sunday for what I know will be a fantastic week, and I’m going to try them all!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 25th, 2013 at 9:32 am

Enjoy!

Suzanne on April 25th, 2013 at 7:21 am

My absolute favorite dish from the Flower and Garden Festival is the smoked salmon biscuit from The Cottage – such a wonderful blend of flavors! Shrimp and grits also delicious. Also worth mentioning are the violet lemonade at the Pineapple Promenade and the rocky road mousse brownie at the BBQ and Brews.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 25th, 2013 at 9:32 am

Okay, I have to try the brownie now. :)

Kelsey on April 25th, 2013 at 9:42 am

The pulled pork BBQ was absolutely delicious! My absolute favorite this year was the Macerated Strawberries on the Angel Food Cake (a la Strawberry Shortcake) from the Florida pavilion. I made special trips back to Epcot during our stay to get it again!

Tracie from NJ on April 25th, 2013 at 9:58 am

These dishes look amazing! So sad I am missing it this year. Can the recipes for the dishes get posted? Will there be a cookbook like the food and wine festival?

Tanya from ON on April 25th, 2013 at 1:08 pm

We had both BBQ items #1 and #2 on our trip in March and we LOVED them. We usually travel to WDW during the Flower and Garden Festival and we were very happy with the addition of the new food items throughout the World Showcase. We also loved the Spiced Dole Whip!

Amber from VA on April 25th, 2013 at 4:54 pm

My top favorites this year:

Frushi in Japan (OMG, this was AMAZING! We got it twice!)
Lasagna Primavera (wonderful vegetarian trea that we also got twice)
Frozen Violet Lemonade (beautiful color and yummy treat)
Waterkist Farms Heirloom Tomatoes (so delicious)
Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits (my husband got this twice)

Please, please, please keep the food stands at future Flower and Garden festivals! They were a wonderful addition!!

Carolyn from GA on April 25th, 2013 at 5:23 pm

We ate our way around Epcot on three occasions! Tried something from every stand, and everything was amazing.

Shelly on April 29th, 2013 at 9:50 am

Lovin’ the Dole Whip with the Spiced Rum! Also enjoying the fact that the rum is locally Florida made! :)