Yakitori House Restaurant at Epcot

Behind the Scenes: Recording the Soundtrack for Test Track Presented by Chevrolet at Epcot

posted on May 22nd, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

What are some of the sounds that make Epcot, well, Epcot for you? The laughter of Figment? The uplifting music of Soarin’? The narrator’s dim of the torches before IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth?
“Test

In this video, which we just received from our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering, our Imagineers offer a look at how they designed a new soundtrack for one of the park’s attractions: Test Track Presented by Chevrolet. Check it out – there are definitely some things you’ll want to listen for next time you stop by.

Which Epcot attraction has your favorite soundtrack? Let us know in the “Comments” section below.

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Matthew on May 22nd, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Favorite soundtrack? The choice is clear- Captain EO.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 23rd, 2013 at 9:33 am

That’s a cool one!

Angela on May 22nd, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Favorite Epcot soundtrack? Soarin’! I’m an orchestral french horn player and I soo wish I could play that piece with an orchestra. Wonder if the score is available somewhere! :)

Jose on May 22nd, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Do you guys know if this audio will be released in the future?

-Jose

Craig on May 22nd, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Lately I’ve been listening to “Busindre Reel”, one of the songs that plays before IllumiNations, and wow is it good. I’d love to be able to listen to Test Track 2.0 soundtrack on CD! — not to mention many more =)

Craig on May 22nd, 2013 at 10:46 pm

I would love to be able to download this soundtrack.

Michael on May 22nd, 2013 at 11:57 pm

The one I liked the best is sadley No more. The original Journey into Imagination with DreamFinder and Figment. “One little spark of Imagination”

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 23rd, 2013 at 9:33 am

That’s a great song!

Steven on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:11 am

I love the music during the finale of Spaceship Earth! Such a spectacular experience!

Justin on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:49 am

I love the music played in Test Track wish you guys either sold it or allowed it to be downloaded!

Elizabeth on May 23rd, 2013 at 2:12 am

I absolutely ADORE the queue music right before you get into the cars. Do you happen to know if the ride soundtrack will be available for purchase anytime soon?

JEANY on May 23rd, 2013 at 7:30 am

My favorite soundtrack in Epcot is Test Track!

Paul on May 23rd, 2013 at 8:48 am

I love the main entrance theme!
Since they have put together a new soundtrack, will we be able to purchase this at Disney Parks?

Kelsey on May 23rd, 2013 at 8:58 am

It’s hard to pick a favorite! Epcot is my favorite park, and I like a lot of the sounds from there. I’m a huge fan of the soundtracks of Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, and Soarin’. But, I have to say what really says “Epcot” to me would have to be the music that plays when you enter the park. That’s what tells me I’m there.

Craig on May 23rd, 2013 at 9:58 am

I really enjoy the background music in the Innoventions area.

Jon on May 23rd, 2013 at 10:06 am

I, much like a lot of other people, love all the music at EPCOT. But I must say, I’m a huge fan of the main theme for “Ellen’s Energy Adventure.” It’s very big and whimsical. It gets you ready for 45 minutes of hilarity and Micheal Richards as a caveman.

Nick on May 23rd, 2013 at 11:03 am

Epcot has had, and still has, so many great Soundtracks! I love Spaceship Earth 94 & 07, the new Test Track, Universe of Energy, the Background Loop for Wonders of Life, Horizons, Innoventions, the Soarin’ Ride and Queue, so many!! Sometimes I like to begin the day by listening to “We’ve Just Begun to Dream”, great way to get motivated! Epcot really has the perfect music to listen to when doing anything creative. If I had to pick a favorite though, I’d have to say Reflections of Earth (w/We Go On).

I think just like the Musical History of Disneyland from 2005, there needs to be a Musical History of Epcot!

Susan on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Spaceship Earth, it is the epitome of Epcot. That being said, there are soooo many sounds that make Epcot “Epcot”, it is the overall experience that I fall in love with every time we go.

Erica on May 23rd, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Favorite attraction soundtrack? Too many! I’d have to say: the original Journey into… oh thats not around anymore. How about “Its Fun to Be -”… oh, that too. You know what I really love? “Listen to the…” Drats, thats gone too. Or how about that one that begins “If you can dream it, then you can do it…”. Hmm. Another catchy one is “Energy, You Make the World Go – ” Dang, thats not played anymore either. “Veggie Fruit Fruit?” Also a snazzy tune, but those singing fruits and vegetables have retired.

Well, I guess I’ll have to go with We Are Here to Change the World from Captain EO. Some tunes from the 1980s never age. ;)

jeff on May 23rd, 2013 at 3:07 pm

WAYYYYYY to many favorites to name from the classic “listen to the land” to Soarin’ to the world showcase’s “El Rio De Tempio to Illuminations

Skip from FL on May 23rd, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Favorite Epcot soundtrack would be Soarin’.

#2 Angela

Maybe we can put together a blog readers orchestra,
….. now if I just had some tympani to bring.

p.s.: 2nd place soundtrack would be Innoventions sidewalk music.

Robert on August 19th, 2013 at 5:07 pm

I’m guess I’m a little late for this thread….but I just have to say that the new Test Track soundtrack is fantastic! I think it’s the best of WDW, it creates a sense of anticipation as you move through the queue and just makes you feel that you are embarking on something really cool and futuristic! Brilliant!

Linda from GA on August 31st, 2013 at 12:53 am

Sorry to be so late adding my comments, but the music of Epcot is my favorite from all the Disney parks. Specifically, my two favorite areas are the Future World BGM and the Epcot entrance loop. As already stated, I would love for Disney to make more of this music available for purchase. What about bringing back the old WDW Forever and Disneyland Forever projects as digital downloads? I know there are a lot of people who would love to be able to purchase this music. I kept hoping that a collection of music would be released for the Epcot 25th or 30th anniversaries.