Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse Statue at Walt Disney World Resort

‘The Little Mermaid’ Actress Jodi Benson Leaves Her Mark on Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

posted on May 31st, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, which marks its first anniversary today, celebrates the making of some favorite Disney and Pixar films, including “Cars,” “Finding Nemo,” “The Lion King” and “The Little Mermaid.”
Ariel, from 'The Little Mermaid' outside of Disney's Art of Animation Resort
As a part of the resort’s design, the lobby features a fun chandelier that’s made up of sketches from each of these films. Recently, actress Jodi Benson – who voiced Ariel in “The Little Mermaid” – stopped by to autograph one of the panels that makes up the chandelier.

Check out this behind-the-scenes video of this moment. And to view more of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, check out the gallery below.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

10 Comments 1 Reply

Matthew on May 31st, 2013 at 8:51 am

I stayed at the Finding Nemo portion of the Resort this past December, and the whole complex is absolutely charming. (It certainly helped that my room had a stunning view of the Pop Century resort just across the lake).

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 31st, 2013 at 11:01 am

I’ve stayed in the Cars wing before and the entire resort is amazing!

Kevin from FL on May 31st, 2013 at 9:06 am

The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite animated films and Jodi is one of my favorite Candlelight Processional guest speakers. A true Disney Legend!

David on May 31st, 2013 at 10:11 am

Jodi Benson is such a kind and generous person. A beautiful person inside and out, with a voice to match. It’s wonderful there is a small piece of her alive at Walt Disney World.

Mary Ann from GA on May 31st, 2013 at 10:19 am

It was fun to see how carefully she wrote her name. Not the scribbled autograph that you see sometimes.

Jon on May 31st, 2013 at 10:24 am

Saw this plate signed on the chandelier recently and didn’t know if it was new or I just missed it. Good to know I’m not crazy now. Thanks Jennifer!

Kevin from NJ on May 31st, 2013 at 10:37 am

Jodi is such a class act. We had the pleasure of seeing her at the Candlelight Processional last year at Epcot. She did an amazing job! You could tell that the words she spoke were more than just a script, they were words that meant something to her and that came across in her telling of the story.

Elaine from PA on May 31st, 2013 at 11:03 am

Jodi was our guest narrator for the Candlelight Processional and she was tremendous! She even sang along with the choir. First time I had ever attended the CP and it was awsome experience and part of the reason was Jodi.

Lauren on May 31st, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Wow, thank you so much for posting this video. I am a HUGE Little Mermaid fan and am staying at Art of Animation in a few weeks. I will definitely look for Jodi Benson’s signature in the chandelier.

Your post said this happened recently. When exactly did this special signing take place?

I would have loved to have known ahead of time about this special event so I could have attended.

Lois on May 31st, 2013 at 12:39 pm

My daughter and I had the pleasure of seeing Jodi Benson as the narrator in the Candlelight Processional last year, as well as in 2010. Of all the narrators we have ever seen, she is by far our favorite and not just because we love Ariel and The Little Mermaid, but because every performance she gives is heartfelt and honest. I really hope she is back as a narrator for the Candlelight Processional this year so we can see her again.

Allison from TX on June 1st, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Very cool! I had the pleasure of seeing Jodi narrate the Candlelight Processional last December.