The Sword in the Stone at Disneyland Park

Through a Photographer’s Lens: Waterfalls of the Disneyland Resort

posted on May 8th, 2013 by Paul Hiffmeyer, Chief Photographer for Public Relations, Disneyland Resort

Picture this: You’re winding through Ornament Valley riding in a shiny, convertible race car. While taking in the desert scenery and after traveling through an archway, there it is – just to the right – Firewall Falls, the most beautiful waterfall in these here parts.

Well, at least that’s how I felt the first time I rode Radiator Springs Racers at night. It only seems fitting that Firewall Falls is the second waterfall featured in my series, “Waterfalls of the Disneyland Resort.”

Firewall Falls in Ornament Valley at Disney California Adventure Park

Here are a few more photos I captured that morning before sunrise at Radiator Springs Racers. Check back for the next post in my waterfalls series.

Firewall Falls in Ornament Valley at Disney California Adventure Park Firewall Falls in Ornament Valley at Disney California Adventure Park

Firewall Falls in Ornament Valley at Disney California Adventure Park

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort

5 Comments 1 Reply

matt from AL on May 8th, 2013 at 6:24 pm

That’s beautiful! It reminds me of Multnomah Falls in Oregon!

Glen on May 8th, 2013 at 9:15 pm

it’s a great view when cruising past on the ride, great job by the construction crew :)

Mitchell from IL on May 8th, 2013 at 10:23 pm

What a view! I think I need to get back to DisneyLand again!

Craig on May 9th, 2013 at 8:39 am

Great photos. I’d love to know what settings you used to get these shots.

Paul Hiffmeyer on May 9th, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Craig,
I use a digital single-lens reflex camera. The first photo was taken with an ISO of 400, aperture of F-22 and a shutter speed of 4 seconds. The last photo settings are ISO 250, aperture F-22 and shutter was set at 8 seconds. Also I used a tripod and a shutter release cable and if you can, lock the mirror up. It’s a good idea to experiment with different settings and see what you like the best.

Craig on May 9th, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Thanks so much for the answer, Paul. My passion is Walt Disney World photography so we make 6 to 8 trips a year to feed my addiction. I always like to know what exposure others used to get “that” shot. If I ever make it to Disney Land I’ll be easy to spot – I’ll be the guy lugging a dslr, tripod and 15 lenses through the park!