Mad Tea Party at Disneyland Park

Which Walt Disney World Resort Park Should You Visit First?

posted on May 7th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

When you arrive at Walt Disney World Resort, does your family ask the question, “Which park should we visit first?”

Check out the graphic below, which asks a series of questions and gives you a suggestion at the end as to which park you should visit first.

Which Walt Disney World Resort Park Should You Visit First?

Which park did you get? I got Magic Kingdom Park – one of my favorite places!

For more fun graphics like this, visit our official Pinterest page.

Tagged:

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

Andrea on May 7th, 2013 at 9:08 am

Magic Kingdom first so I can create an earful masterpiece to wear while there.

Brian on May 7th, 2013 at 9:16 am

I always start in Magic Kingdom because it just feels right to start a Disney Vacation at that part. Magic Kingdom IS Disney World. Then it’s off to Epcot because it’s my favorite.

Kim from TX on May 7th, 2013 at 9:17 am

I always start with the Magic Kingdom! It’s classic Disney.

Jon on May 7th, 2013 at 9:34 am

Jedi and Yeti don’t rhyme.

Megan on May 7th, 2013 at 9:52 am

As a tradition for 19 years we go to the Magic Kingdom and head straight for Space Mountain! I can’t wait to make that dash next summer!!!

Dominick from NJ on May 7th, 2013 at 10:13 am

We sometimes do when ‘Bus Roulette’ when we first arrive.

We go to the bus stop and go to take the first bus that stops and go to that park!

Variety is the spice of life.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 7th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Ah, that’s a neat option.

Minesh from CA on May 7th, 2013 at 10:31 am

This is great! Thanks for the morning ‘Pick Me Up!’

Michael on May 7th, 2013 at 10:53 am

Depends what day of the week it is and what park is opening early for extra Magic hours. Thats how I did my trip in Feb. Alot of people start there vacation heading straight for the Magic Kingdom first thing that is why I go to the magic kingdom in the middle of the week less crowded shorter wait times. This past trip I went to epcot on Monday, Animal kingdom on a Tuesday, Magic kingdom on Wed and Hollywood studios on a Friday. Worked out great!!!

Diane on May 7th, 2013 at 10:55 am

That’s a great Graphic. I went to Animal Kingdom :-)

Christopher on May 7th, 2013 at 11:09 am

I got EPCOT… That’s about right as I LOVE World Showcase!

Amanda on May 7th, 2013 at 11:23 am

My motto is start from the smallest to the biggest. So, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood, EPCOT, Magic! That way you aren’t as tired on your last day. I hate seeing people coming to Animal Kingdom all tired out because they’re missing all the fine details and amazing things that make the park so beautiful!

Brian on May 7th, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Love this, but where’s the Typhoon Lagoon option? Haha, what if we wanna swim in shark’s reef!

All in all, this will come in handy for those random weekends when we decide to drive over to the House of Mouse.

Debra from NJ on May 7th, 2013 at 12:12 pm

What a fun graphic! I always head to the Magic Kingdom and it’s always our last park of the trip too.

Alison on May 7th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Soooo, Jennifer (or Steven!) when does this arrive on a t-shirt?? :)

My answer depends on my mood and whether I am craving a particular food!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 7th, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Mmm…food is another draw! I’d head anywhere there was a Mickey Pretzel.

Lee on May 7th, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I always start with the Magic Kingdom and head to the Haunted Mansion. It was the first ride I rode at Disney on my first trip years ago so I make it my first stop on every trip now.

Lisa on May 7th, 2013 at 1:04 pm

We always start with the Magic Kingdom and end with Downtown Disney. That way we’re getting immersed in the Disney magic right from the beginning and we shop for anything we still need at the end

Brian on May 7th, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I’ll be starting my 3rd Disney World vacation at Animal Kingdom. It’s always great to kick off a fun trip at a beautiful, relaxing park.

david on May 7th, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Start out at the Magic Kingdom and end at the Magic Kingdom and enjoy the magic in-between!

Barbara on May 7th, 2013 at 8:41 pm

It depends on the day, I like to start at MK, but if it’s Star Wars weekend or a special event at Epcot I start with it.

Jessica from OR on May 7th, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Being from the West Coast and having grown up at Disneyland Resort, it’s only right to start each trip with the Magic Kingdom……..unless of course, it’s Star Wars Weekends, then all bets are off and it’s Hollywood Studios!

Kelly on May 7th, 2013 at 9:49 pm

We always start at Animal Kingdom – if you get there early enough (with magic hours) while the sun is just coming out all of the white birds are sleeping in the trees, and it’s beautiful. We can get through that park in about 3-4 hours. Then it is on to Magic Kingdom through lunch. Early/mid-afternoon we head to Epcot and hit the rides that the wait times allow. If we have time, we’ll head over to Hollywood studios until after dinner. If the magic hours go until midnight, we will head back over to Epcot to finish up the night and ride the big ticket rides, like Soarin’, because the lines are shorter after the fireworks.

And that is how to do all four parks in one day! Not for the faint of heart!

Claude from QC on May 7th, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Magic Kingdom every time with a leisurely walk toward my favorite attraction, soaking the magic in along the way. Vacations only truly start once I board the Jungle Cruise.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 8th, 2013 at 9:25 am

Love Jungle Cruise!

Mark on May 7th, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Animal Kingdom. ALWAYS Animal Kingdom. Real animals doing the things that real animals do, in settings that ONLY Disney could create for them, a no brainer for us. Combine that with Cast Members that are not only as immersed in WDW lore as the Cast Members in the other parks, but are experts on their particular animals also and you have the best of the best. And oh yeah, Expedition Everest and the best show in WDW, Festival of the Lion King.

Charlie on May 7th, 2013 at 11:43 pm

We always start with the park that has the newest attraction or major changes. So, when we arrive this June we are going to the Magic Kingdom and visit Fantasyland and catch a meal at Be Our Guest!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 8th, 2013 at 9:25 am

You’ll love New Fantasyland. Be sure to get a cupcake at Be Our Guest!

Laura from IN on May 8th, 2013 at 9:40 am

I’d always start in Magic Kingdom…and end in Magic Kingdom…with a few Magic Kingdom trips in between. Alas, I’m usually ‘forced’ to endure the incredible magic at the other parks as well! lol Of course, I got Magic Kingdom on the graphic :-)

Nicole on May 11th, 2013 at 11:20 am

@ Amanda, that is a really cool strategy! But I thought Animal Kingdom is the biggest park (acres wise)? Then Epcot, Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom as the smallest! I could be wrong though!!!

Alexander on May 12th, 2013 at 4:18 am

Nicole i think she ment attraction wise. (= most things to do)

Judy on May 13th, 2013 at 10:57 am

We started with EPCOT (arrived mid afternoon) and stayed until the fireworks. Good intro for 5 yo to the hustle and bustle of crowds and she LOVES flowers so perfect time to be there during the flower show.