Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios

A Fireworks First: Fourth of July Fireworks Over Three Disney Castles

posted on June 28th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

As Thomas Smith shared earlier today, our Fourth of July celebration officially kicks off here at Walt Disney World Resort on Monday, July 1, with nightly performances of “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky.”

A Fireworks First: Fourth of July Fireworks Over Three Disney Castles

This year’s celebration will be made even more exciting by being the first Fourth of July that our guests can watch the fireworks burst above three different Disney castles, thanks to the addition of the attractions in New Fantasyland. Check out the photo above of Beast’s Castle, Cinderella Castle and Prince Eric’s Castle. Looks pretty amazing, doesn’t it?

Will you head to a Disney Park this Fourth of July week? If so, tell us in the “Comments” section below.

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

Kristina on June 28th, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Yes!! We will be there and so excited for it!! Coming all the way from California because we love the Magic of Walt Disney World!!!

Karen on June 28th, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Spending one night on the 4th at the Disneyland Hotel…Nothing else compares to watching the spectacular fireworks from our room or the concierge area…My 6 year old grandson talks about it for days before and a long time after. It’s the memories that make it worth every last penny.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 1st, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I hope that he (and you) have a blast this holiday.

Dustin on June 28th, 2013 at 10:32 pm

That picture is amazing Jennifer, agreed. Can it be made available as a desktop wallpaper please? (we won’t get to make WDW for Fourth of July this year– but will for the Holidays!)

Dave from FL on June 29th, 2013 at 12:37 am

Heading down next week. Hoping for awesome fireworks at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 1st, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Me, too!

Christine on June 30th, 2013 at 5:49 am

For 15 years now we’ve gone to DISNEY World Resorts for the 4th of July with the exception of 1 year that will be 12 years ago now, I have a daughter who’s born on July 4th . We stay At Disney Resorts and are pass holders so we’ll go to the parks the day before or after but not the day of, just too crowded. There’s so much to see and do beyond the rides.

Shaina on June 30th, 2013 at 10:52 am

We’re coming to WDW to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary! July 4th wedding date was such a great idea – a day off work for every anniversary, AND fireworks! We’re heading to the Magic Kingdom on July 3 (dinner reservations at Be Our Guest!), and Epcot on July 4th. Can’t wait!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 30th, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Happy anniversary! Be sure to get a cupcake at Be Our Guest. They’re all amazing!

Scott on June 30th, 2013 at 7:26 pm

This is the first time i am going to see them both as a gust and a cast member cant wait

Adam on July 1st, 2013 at 11:22 am

I’ll be there on the 4th. My third 4th of July in a row too. I may watch from behind the castle again this year.

Leonilda from Sao Paulo on July 1st, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Will Wishes be played on these days? If so, what time?

Danielle on July 1st, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Heading to Disneyland on the 4th and I am torn between getting a spot to see the fireworks or checking out World of Color… first time coming on a busy holiday so I am getting my smile out and planning to just go with the flow!

Susan from IL on July 3rd, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I went to Magic Kingdom today to see the holiday Pre-parade…totally worth it! The calliope (spelling?) was amazing…I hope it comes out more often!!!!!

Amy from NY on July 8th, 2013 at 10:37 am

Just returned from WDW…what a great time!! Thoroughly enjoyed the fireworks as Disney does it like no one else! What I loved most was the Celebrate the Magic castle canvas display. Any plans on this coming out on DVD? I asked right away but it’s not currently available.