Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Become A Wilderness Explorer at Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on June 13th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

“The wilderness must be explored!”

That’s the pledge of all Wilderness Explorers – and the character of Russell – in the Disney•Pixar film, “Up.” In the movie, Russell, a young Wilderness Explorer, is determined to learn about the outdoors and get that one last Wilderness Explorer badge that will let him earn Senior Wilderness Explorer status.

L’Artisan des Glaces, Artisan Ice Cream & Sorbet, in the France Pavilion at Epcot

Here’s a sneak peek at the new Wilderness Explorers experience that is now open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. In it, kids can complete 30 different challenges to earn badge stickers for their Wilderness Explorer Handbook. Each hands-on activity teaches kids something new about the wild animals and wild places inside the park. They’ll also learn the official Wilderness Explorer Pledge. Participation is included in theme park admission and timing for the experience depends on how many badge challenges guests wish to complete.

What do you think? Will you become a Wilderness Explorer during your next trip to Disney’s Animal Kingdom? Let us know in the “Comments” section below!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney's Animal Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Mary from GA on June 13th, 2013 at 3:57 pm

This is a nice new program that can get guests really engaged with the exhibits. And the low tech-ness of it really fits with Animal Kingdom. Good job Disney.

Allie on June 13th, 2013 at 5:53 pm

This looks so fun! I hope there’s no age limit… I’m a college student, and I’m hoping to try it!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 13th, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I totally want a photo with the Wilderness Explorer cast members – their outfits are awesome. :)

Robert on June 13th, 2013 at 5:54 pm

We’ve been looking forward to it for months! Both our boys are in Scouts. :-)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 13th, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I hope they have a blast!

Rebecca on June 14th, 2013 at 10:09 am

I thought they had something similar to this before, only it wasn’t 30 it was more like 6. Similar to the Kidcot stations at Epcot. So I’m wondering how long it takes to do it all plus see the other attractions in the park. Could be a lot.

Elizabeth on June 14th, 2013 at 11:27 am

Hmmmm…I’m not 6, (OR in college), but I’d LOVE to do this! Hopefully they will let us “big kids” do it too…..(obv as long as it doesn’t take away from the little ones)

Laura from IL on June 14th, 2013 at 9:04 pm

y daughter just saw this and officially wants to get all 30…looks like extra time at Animal Kingdom this winter.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 19th, 2013 at 9:12 am

I hope you have a blast!

Mary on July 27th, 2013 at 10:30 am

My family visited Magic Kingdom just over a week ago. Getting every one of the badges was my six year old daughter’s favorite part of the entire vacation. My husband had a great time with her and I brought my older son on some bigger rides. I wish there was a shirt I could buy for her to show her Senior Wilderness Explorer status for getting all of the badges.

Amy on August 4th, 2013 at 11:33 am

How long does it take the average kid to get all the badges? Can you do it in one day?

Richard on August 8th, 2013 at 2:31 pm

visiting in sept n can’t wait to have my 5 y/o son do this. he just loved the “agent p” experience at epcot last year (we enjoyed it too n it kept him from getting bored) n i’m sure he will love this too.