One of the things I love most about my role is the chance to be involved in our Downtown Disney events, like the upcoming Car Masters Weekend taking place June 15-16, at Downtown Disney West Side. We start planning months (and months!) in advance, and even though we may change gears (pun totally intended) during that time, we always end up with an amazing offering for our guests.
It’s my first year working on Car Masters Weekend, and while I’m not a huge car buff myself, I couldn’t be more excited about this one! I’ve gotten the green flag to share the details with you, so get ready to get revved up – here’s what’s in store:
- Character Meet ‘n’ Greet with favorite “Cars” characters, including Lightning McQueen and Mater – I hardly ever see them outside of Disney’s Hollywood Studios or Cars Land, so this is huge! Bring your own camera or take advantage of Disney’s PhotoPass service, just be sure to capture the moment.
- Over 150 exotic, muscle and classic cars on display – This is the most cars we’ve ever had at this event. I’m jazzed that it gets bigger and better every year! Personally, I love the old ones … they make me want to put on a poodle skirt and doo-wop. Anyone else?
- Special Guest Appearances by legendary car designer Chip Foose – Yeah, he’s sort of a big deal; in spite of not being a car aficionado, even I know who Chip is! Not only is he taking part in some of the entertainment (so you may get to see him onstage), but he also designed merchandise items especially for this event!
- Father’s Day Weekend offers and discounts at a variety of Downtown Disney retail and dining locations – I can’t pass up a bargain and I love to eat; need I say more?
- “Limited Time Magic” Treats – This just in! We’ll be offering a Berry Blast Sorbet “Cars”-themed Push-Pop exclusively during the event weekend. Yum!
- More Interactive Action – I loved remote control cars as a kid, so I’ll be testing out the RIDEMAKERZ models at the event. I’m also pumped to play “Disney Infinity,” the highly-anticipated new game from Disney Interactive. Plus, rumor has it that our friends at Walt Disney Studios are planning to showcase “Monsters University,” “The Lone Ranger” and “PLANES” in some cool, unique ways. I can’t wait to see for myself!
Visit the official Car Masters Weekend website here.
Want even more Cars-themed fun over Father’s Day Weekend? Splitsville Luxury Lanes is hosting a first-of-its-kind Sock Hop on Saturday, June 15th, with food, drinks and lively entertainment; plus, I hear Chip Foose will be there! And AMC Pleasure Island 24 Theatre will be offering a “Cars” movie marathon throughout the weekend. Get more details and find out how to purchase tickets here and here, respectively.
Not sure about you, but I’ll be parked at Downtown Disney June 15-16. I hope to see you there! (Be sure to honk if you see me!)