Mad Tea Party at Disney Parks

Disney Parks Ticket Price Update

posted on June 1st, 2013 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

We wanted to let Disney Parks Blog readers know that starting tomorrow, June 2, tickets to our Florida and California theme parks will be adjusted with new pricing.

As we’ve heard from many of our guests, the quality entertainment and attractions and the memorable moments created by our cast make a Disney theme park experience a great value. There’s something for everyone at Disney Parks to make a magical vacation memory.

You can now find information on the different ticket pricing on our Walt Disney World Resort ticket page and Disneyland Resort page.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Jeffrey from CA on June 1st, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Again? Didn’t you do this like…twice in 2012?

Tyler from IL on June 1st, 2013 at 12:44 pm

I don’t see pricing for the DVC Annual pass prices. Are they going up as well? If so I am going to buy today so please let me know. Thanks!

Thomas Smith on June 1st, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Hi Tyler – Yes, DVC Annual pass prices will be increasing.

Kathleen A from RI on June 1st, 2013 at 1:07 pm

The DVC AP discount will be taken from the new pricing…so yes…it will go up also.

James on June 1st, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Hollywood Studios should be about $20 less – if not more!

Caitlin on June 1st, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Why did the Florida resident tickets go up? shouldn’t resident tickets be less

Teryl on June 1st, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I know Disney has a lot to offer, but the annual price increases will soon price the average family out of a Disney Vacation. Hope they can review budgets and find a way to keep it somewhat reasonable. At $95 a day per person a family of 4 is already priced out

Samantha on June 1st, 2013 at 1:47 pm

The days when this blog post is made always makes me want to cry. It is so hard for me to make a trip to Disney as is and I already live in Florida. I wish you guys wouldn’t follow in suit when the other theme parks rise their tickets just for once.

Erin on June 1st, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Hi! Will this effect prices of trips that have been booked with a deposit?

Thomas Smith on June 1st, 2013 at 2:28 pm

No, if you have paid the deposit, your prices are guaranteed unless you make modifications to your reservation.

Nicole on June 1st, 2013 at 1:52 pm

What is the price for a DVC AP?

Thomas Smith on June 1st, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Hi Nicole, the price will be $464 for the DVC Annual Pass.

Hannah on June 1st, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Can you please tell me what the renewal price will be on the (regular $609) WDW Annual Pass?

Thomas Smith on June 1st, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Renewal price for the WDW Annual Pass is $519.

Virginia from CA on June 1st, 2013 at 2:07 pm

This breaks my heart. I already had to let my annual pass expire, for the first time in YEARS, due to the increased prices. I’m expecting my first child this fall and the thought that I won’t be able to afford to make Disney part of her regular childhood memories with the increased prices is so sad to me.

Colin on June 1st, 2013 at 2:12 pm

I’m normally very positive about all things Disney but I’m just a little unsure how Disney are justifying a $130 price hike for the Premier Passport… It was only launched in 2010 at $700.

The price increased in 2011 by $49 to $749, fair enough still good value, then in 2012 up to $849, a big jump but DLR APs went up substantially due to the expansion in DCA, fair enough. 2013 and increase of $130 to $979. I don’t understand where this price increase has come from? DLR Premium AP increasing by $20 and WDW Premium by $30, so surely at most it should increase to $899. Is what has been posted on the DLR pricing page correct?

My AP expired 27th April, as there is no renewal incentive for Premier Passport I intended to purchase a new pass on my next visit which should be middle of June if all goes to plan.. Now I’m wondering if it would be better value to just purchase a DVC Annual Pass for WDW and a Deluxe Annual Pass for DLR… Feeling a little disappointed in Disney Parks right now :(

Carleen from CO on June 1st, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Question: My current WDW annual pass expires September 6th. When I go to renew in September, what will my renewal rate be?

I was told when I bought the pass last year that the renewal would be $529 + tax. I still get that rate, right? Otherwise, why ever have a renewal rate offered if a person can never get that rate, right?

Please help! I’m calling the ticket phone line, but they have no idea :(

Thomas Smith on June 1st, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Hi Carleen, I think you’re talking about the WDW Annual Pass. If so, the renewal rate will now be $519 plus tax.

Trevor on June 1st, 2013 at 2:42 pm

With a $200 price hike last year, the Premier pass is not worth it. Especially since Florida does not honor the pass like California, and now only a 10% discount, nothing for food. Guess I will be letting go my annual pass I’ve had for almost 20 years.

Geoff on June 1st, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Not that it will mean much to Disney as corporation, but I have a family of five, with an infant that will need a ticket in the next two years. The constant price increases, along with food and room increases, make it increasingly difficult to afford a trip to WDW for my family. Yes, we are still going to make the sacrifices and make the drive from Chicago down to Orlando. But it might mean 5 days instead of 6. Or less eating in the parks and more leaving to drive out to someplace off the grounds for dinner.
I realize that a big focus of WDW now is the international visitor who can afford price increases like this, but I hope that at some point some sanity will prevail and the number crunchers will take a back seat for a while.

hilary on June 1st, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Hi, I just want to make sure I understand correctly. Are all the tickets going up, both single day and multi day? If so do you know what the new price will be for a 7 day with park hopper WDW ticket?

Thomas Smith on June 1st, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Hi Hilary, the 7-day park hopper will be $368 for ages 10+ and $349 for ages 3-9.

Katie on June 1st, 2013 at 2:58 pm

does this mean I should renew my DLR AP today? and can you use gift cards for annual passes because I read the back and it says nothing about theme park admission so I’m assuming I could use it

Danny on June 1st, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I never understand this. Disney is a place for memories, enjoyment, childhood wishes, dreams, and so much more…YES, it is. But it’s also still a business and they have rising costs, expenses, etc… So raising prices should come as no surprise, nor should it be anything that people get all out of sorts about.

It’s still the best vacation destination in the world, and one of the only places that you get everything you pay for and then some.

So many people feel like Disney shouldn’t ever do this. That makes no sense. I have no problems here.

Adam from FL on June 1st, 2013 at 3:51 pm

so ALL tickets are going up?

Michael from PA on June 1st, 2013 at 3:54 pm

I converted my annual pass to one of the new cards. It says I cannot renew on line and to renew my pass at any Walt Disney World Theme Park or Downtown Disney ticket sales location.

Since I am not in Florida is there any other way to renew before the price increase?

My renewal date is June 26.

Thanks.

Colleen from OR on June 1st, 2013 at 4:01 pm

I was hoping that Disney would bring back the 6-Day Parkhopper with the ticket increases this year. It seems that Disney has been able to curb the ticket fraud by implementing the photo taking of each pass holder with a 2-Day or more Parkhopper. I am very disappointed. We have always stayed for 5 nights and 6 days, but will need to change our plans. We are not interested in purchasing annual passes, we simply live too far away to use them.

Kristal on June 1st, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Yes, the memories are valuable and what Disney offers is magical, but you can’t get those memories if you can’t afford to make them.

McKenna on June 1st, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Passport prices just went up a significant amount last year…why are they going up again? I will continue to have a pass, but I just see the point. I could understand ticket prices but increasing the passports by $20+ just seems ridiculous. I really would like to know why they are being increased, yet again.

Christine from CA on June 1st, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Is the monthly payment plan for the annual passes going to continue to be available?

Thomas Smith on June 1st, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Yes, this will continue.

David from FL on June 1st, 2013 at 4:19 pm

What will the renewal rate be for a Florida Annual pass?

Thomas Smith on June 1st, 2013 at 5:41 pm

The Florida Resident Annual Pass renewal price is $394 plus tax. Thanks, David.

Justine from PA on June 1st, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Hi,

Can you tell me what the price of the regular wdw annual pass will be??

Thanks

Thomas Smith on June 1st, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Hi Justine, please check our updated page. Here’s our WDW page (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/magic-your-way-facts-on-2013-walt-disney-world-resort-prices/).

Julie on June 1st, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Does the $464 for DVC annual passes include tax—–or is that pretax? That is a HUGE increase. I feel like a lot of families are going to be priced out——-ours included.

JASON on June 1st, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Wow … Rasing prices again, yet the only thing that has been added is the New Fantasyland? I don’t get it guys. Entertainment and maintenance get cut, but prices increase. Doesn’t make a ton of sense.

Justine from PA on June 1st, 2013 at 4:45 pm

With all the price increases, will a payment plan for non Florida residents be considered for annual passes??

Thomas Smith on June 2nd, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Hi Justine – not at this time.

Christine from Somerset on June 1st, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Has the cost of a WDW Annual Pass gone down then from $529 + tax which I paid two weeks ago to $519 + tax.

Christine from Somerset on June 1st, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Sorry should have said WDW Annual Pass renewal.

Ginny on June 1st, 2013 at 5:04 pm

My AP only went up $30 – I go so many time am year – it is still a good value! LOVE my Disneyland and CDA

Jason on June 1st, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Ouch…it hurts. It hurts so bad. Especially since I only go for Mr. Toad & STAR TOURS.

Erin from IL on June 1st, 2013 at 5:43 pm

will an annual pass price be going up? How much will they be?

John on June 1st, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Florida Resident Weekday Select Pass? Tables in Wonderland?

Amy on June 1st, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Ok, so I want to go and renew today before the price increase but my pass doesn’t expire until the end of July. How early can I renew?

Alyssa on June 1st, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Will Disney ever offer monthly plans for Annual Passports for us that live outside of CA? Because that would be SO very helpful, and make it more worthwhile, at least to me. Thanks!

Danielle on June 1st, 2013 at 6:43 pm

How much will the Premier Annual Passports increase by? Didn’t see that on the page. Thank you! :)

MICHAEL on June 1st, 2013 at 6:53 pm

What is the price for the Popular “Florida Resident Epcot After 4:00 P.M.” Annual Pass?

What is the cost for a new one and the renewal?

This ticket is very popular with senior citizens with whom I am friends. They like to eat at the restaurants of the World Showcase!

Thomas Smith on June 2nd, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Thanks, Michael. It is $174 plus tax new and $149 for renewal.

Christie on June 1st, 2013 at 7:06 pm

What about the Florida resident weekkday select?

Dannette from AZ on June 1st, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Why no longer pass than 5 days for Disneyland? With the addition of Carsland, it seems Disney would want guests to stay longer not shorter. I really miss the 7 day pass, please bring it back!

Melissa on June 1st, 2013 at 7:12 pm

What will the DVC Premium AP price be now? Thanks.

Thomas Smith on June 2nd, 2013 at 9:09 pm

The price is $584 plus tax new and $494 for renewal.

CARY from MN on June 1st, 2013 at 7:19 pm

It has gotten to expensive for us to go as much as we used to, which makes sad since I love going to WDW so much but with the economy still not great we just have other important things to use our money for.

Beth on June 1st, 2013 at 8:04 pm

According to the link on this page to new ticket pricing, there is an no expiration option. However, when I look at the Disney website at tickets, I do not see that option.

Am I able to add a no expiration option to my ticket?

Thomas Smith on June 2nd, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Hi Beth, the option is still available, just not online. You can contact DRC or visit vacation planning for more. Thanks.

Kris on June 1st, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Just got off the phone with guest services- can’t renew my annual pass and upgrade to premier pass over the phone “because there is a form that needs to be signed.” Ok, since our AP’s expire in two weeks and we don’t live next to a park, I guess that’s that. Seems like there should be a way around the “purchase premier passport only at the parks” rule. I guess we’re not renewing…even though we wanted to!

Krista on June 1st, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Well, that’s that. Disney, you have officially priced me out as an AP holder of at least 12 years. I will maybe see you every few years now. Sayonara.

Stephanie on June 1st, 2013 at 9:26 pm

What will the cost be to RENEW a DVC annual pass?

Thomas Smith on June 2nd, 2013 at 9:10 pm

It’s $394 plus tax. Thanks, Stephanie.

Kelly on June 1st, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Hi, what will the new prices be for 4 day (not hopper) for kids and adults?

Thomas Smith on June 2nd, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Hi Kelly, for an adult it is $279 plus tax and for children $260 plus tax.

Douglas from MD on June 1st, 2013 at 10:01 pm

I tried to purchase our tickets before the price increase for Walt Disney World; however, the web site no longer accepts the Disney Rewards Redemption Card. I’ve used our rewards for ticket purchases in the past. Why not now?

Pamela on June 1st, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Anybody else having trouble purchasing the Florida Resident Seasonal Pass using the monthly payment option online? I can’t get it to process. I called Disney — they said to “keep trying” because you can’t purchase the monthly plan over the phone.