Disney Cruise Line

‘Ears to Graduates’ with Special ‘Limited Time Magic’ Promotion at Disney Parks

posted on June 14th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

Ears to Graduates

My daughter recently graduated from high school (yes, I’m a proud father!). During her weekend festivities, I reflected upon my various graduations, which really don’t seem all that long ago. I remember wearing a “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”-themed tie for my high school graduation. In college, I cut the ears off a Disney ear hat and attached them to my mortar board. Today, it’s a little easier to find Disney-themed graduation merchandise at Disney Parks. For graduates who are visiting Disneyland or Walt Disney World Resorts this upcoming week, we have a special “Limited Time Magic” promotion as part of the “Year of the Ear.”

Guests purchasing a mortar board graduation hat can add one of five specially created 2013 tassels, in a variety of school colors, for only $1.95 each.

At Walt Disney World Resort, this offer is available at Le Chapeau Hat Shoppe on Main Street, U.S.A., in Magic Kingdom Park. At the Disneyland Resort, the offer is available at Main Street Mad Hatter in Disneyland park and Elias & Co. in Disney California Adventure park. The offer begins today, while supplies last, so don’t miss out!
Ears to Graduates

We also have a few other items for graduates, such as magnets, key chains and plush. My daughter really wanted a Duffy the Disney Bear to take with her to college in the fall. You can find him in select locations at Disney Parks and on our Disney Parks online store.

Congratulations and “ears to you,” Grads!

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Parker from OH on June 14th, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I graduated high school in 2009 and got the graduation Mickey ears when on a marching band trip to Disney World. I wish I could get the 2013 graduation ears this year for graduating college! Is any graduation merchandise sold online, or available at Disney stores outside of the parks? My 2009 ears could use a friend!

Antonella from NJ on June 14th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

I placed my order for a 2013 MM plush through Disney Mdse. and a bouquet of “congrats” balloons from Disney Florist & Gifts… from there…they are delivering the Mickey Mouse 2013 grad. plush along with a bouquet of “congrats” balloons to surprise my son at our resort when we arrive there for a stay. Thank you Grace “Dream Maker” at Disney Florist & Gifts for your help in getting this all put together! It’s def. going to make this trip an extra special magical moment! ºoº

Steven Miller on June 17th, 2013 at 12:31 pm

@Antonella – Thank you for the feedback. I’ll share with my fellow author Jean (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/author/jvolante/). I’m sure she will be delighted to hear of your experience. I hope you have a great trip!!

Amber on June 14th, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I went to Grad Night in 2009 and regret not getting the 2009 Mickey Ears Graduation Hat. I wish I knew where to order or get one.

Kimberly on June 14th, 2013 at 9:52 pm

My husband and I are heading to Disney World in a week. Are there any other special ear hats that are coming out in June?

Steven Miller on June 17th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

@Kimberly – I hope you have a wonderful trip. I don’t know of any additional hats at this point for June.

Katie on June 17th, 2013 at 8:49 am

I did the exact same thing to my college cap!!! The school photographer loved it.

Steven Miller on June 17th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

@Katie – That’s awesome!! I knew I wasn’t the only person to do that.

Jamie from LA on July 14th, 2013 at 10:49 pm

My niece will be graduating from High School in 2014 and saw these ears this week when we were in Disney. Her mother inquired about getting them for her but no one knew if they would be coming out with the class of 2014 and if they did when. Please let me know if the same hat will be coming out with the class of 2014 on it and when and how we can purchase them. Will you also be able to choose a tassel color also? Thanks