Grizzly River Run

Making Time for Dad This Father’s Day at Disney Parks

posted on June 7th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

“Making

A few weeks ago, I turned the spotlight on timepieces for Mother’s Day. With Father’s Day only a few days away, it’s now time (pun intended) to focus on timepieces for Dad. Here are a few of my favorite watches released this spring at Disney Parks.
“Making

There is a variety of styles available for dads including some classic silver toned watches that have subtle Disney hints. I liked the blue watch with a pop art-style Mickey Mouse (mostly because blue is my favorite color). I also like the slightly tilted square watch featuring Mickey Mouse. I guess I have a thing for contemporary designs.
“Making

I was particularly excited to see Disney Design Group artist Darren Wilson’s artwork used for Disney Villains watches of Jafar, Captain Hook and Scar. There is also a new Chernabog watch that was designed by long time Disney Design Group Artist Mark Seppala. I asked Darren about his unique designs.

“A few years ago, I created an image of Maleficent using a caricature or anime style as I thought it would be something different for merchandise,” explained Darren. “In 2006, the pin team released a limited edition, jumbo-sized pin using the artwork which was titled ‘Big Head Villain Roundup.’ I was happy to see the artwork featured again this spring on watches.”
“Making

Finally, there are two more watches that have a Star Wars theme. They were introduced at Star Wars Weekends a few weeks ago at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (at time of press, only a handful remain). On June 10, we will release some additional quantities of these designs at Art of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace and at Uptown Jewelers on Main Street, U.S.A., in Magic Kingdom Park.

While the Star Wars watches won’t be offered via the Disney Parks online store or at Disneyland Resort at this time, other select watch designs are currently being offered on the Disney Parks online store.

Happy Father’s Day!

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Bob on June 7th, 2013 at 3:13 pm

This dad would love a Chernabog watch for Father’s Day. He’s one of my many favorite Disney Villains. :)

Bob A. from NC

Bradley from TX on June 7th, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Some of those watches are so subtle with the branding you wouldn’t know if they were Disney without looking at them directly

Michael on June 7th, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I have the Mickey Mouse Ingersoll mechanical re-issue on the leather. Very true to the original and a favorite of mine. If anyone is looking for a mechanical (wind-up) timepiece, and doesn’t want to spend $400-500 for a vintage 1930′s item, I can highly recommend this one!

Steven Miller on June 10th, 2013 at 1:10 pm

@Michael – Thank you for sharing! That’s awesome to hear. I loved the pocket watch from that collection – http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/08/its-about-time-for-the-d23-expo/

Virgil on June 7th, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Hi, will Disney be bringing back hockey jerseys?

Steven Miller on June 10th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

@Virgil – I spoke with the softlines apparel team. I don’t know of any plans for Disney themed hockey jerseys. I believe that Canada Pavilion at Epcot may have some jersery from National Hockey League teams.

Peter on June 9th, 2013 at 3:35 pm

How much is the mechanical watch on the right of the top picture? Where in the Parks can it be found?

Steven Miller on June 10th, 2013 at 1:16 pm

@Peter – The watch has a retail of $200 (note retails are subject to change without notice). The item number is 400007165724. It appears it is being carried in multiple locations. In Florida, look for the watch at Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney and some select resorts.