Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park During the Holidays

New Savory Treat at Disneyland Park: Slow-Roasted Pork Shank

posted on June 10th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

New Savory Treat at Disneyland Park: Slow-Roasted Pork Shank

After a wildly popular debut at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort, the slow-roasted pork shank is now on the menu at Edelweiss Snacks in Fantasyland at Disneyland park, with an added tangy BBQ glaze on this Disneyland version to give it a bit of a kick. And for the summer (June 14 through September 2), you’ll also find it on the menu at Woody’s All-American Roundup at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree in Frontierland.

Vying for attention with the park’s giant turkey legs, this tender, meaty pork shank is simply seasoned with salt and pepper, slow roasted and finished with a BBQ glaze. It’s a hefty 22 ounces or so, so you might want to share this low-carb, high-protein indulgence.

Cost is $9.99 – consider it lunch for (at least) two!

Filed: Disney Dining, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Shea from CA on June 10th, 2013 at 6:19 pm

We tried the pork shank at Gaston’s at the beginning of Nov 2012 while previewing the new Fantasyland. We. Fell. In. Love. We regularly visit Disneyland since we live in SoCal, so we have been asking at City Hall if the pork shank will ever make it’s debut here. We have been (not so) patiently waiting. AND THE WAIT IS OVER! We are so excited & cannot wait to try this one. It’s a bummer that it’s a little more pricey than the one at WDW though.

LINA on June 10th, 2013 at 7:04 pm

I had this while visitign WDW it was extremely salty.

George from NY on June 10th, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I hope it’ll also be available without barbecue sauce! The roasted shank at Gaston’s is delicious without it. Roast pork doesn’t need sauce!

Joseph from FL on June 10th, 2013 at 8:06 pm

I Love this shank, but a BBQ one would be a sweet delight here at WDW. Maybe sell it in the American Pavilion

Scott on June 10th, 2013 at 9:13 pm

My wife had the pork shank at Gaston’s, and we had the one here at Disneyland, and she preferred the one here (DL). She liked the fact that the shank here had the bbq sauce glazed on it, instead of being served on the side.

I really hope that this stays on the menu!!

Lauren on June 11th, 2013 at 2:26 am

I absolutely love the pork shank! If given the choice between the pork shank or the turkey leg, I’d definitely choose the former!

Taca on June 11th, 2013 at 11:19 am

Is it gluten free? Sounds yummy.

Carlos on June 11th, 2013 at 11:36 am

I had this at WDW in April and it is AWESOME!!! Done very simply with just salt and pepper and is PERFECT and NOT over seasoned at all. Pulls right off the bone. This was my favorite meal the WHOLE ten days we were there!!! (And we ate everywhere…) I’m a big meat fan, so right up my alley. I can only imagine that a glaze would just enhance it. Great job, Disneyland, for bringing it to California! Also, they offer a great beverage at WDW/Gaston’s called LeFou’s Brew…apple slushie with mango and toasted marshmallow…it’s exactly what I would imagine a cartoon drink would taste like!