Disney's Hollywood Studios, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Interior

‘The Little Mermaid’ Star Pat Carroll Visits Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on June 6th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Last week on the Disney Parks Blog, we shared a video of “The Little Mermaid” actress Jodi Benson’s recent stop through Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. This week, we’re happy to share that another voice from the film, actress Pat Carroll (who voiced our favorite sea witch, Ursula), recently visited New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park to try out the new attraction, Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid.
Pat Carroll Recently Visited New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park to Try Out the New Attraction, Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
During her visit, Pat shared with us what she loved about voicing Ursula, what she thinks of the attraction, and more. Check it out below.

By the way, you’ll really be able to go “under the sea” with Ariel, Ursula and friends, when “The Little Mermaid” comes out in 3D Blu-ray on October 1, 2013.

Is Ursula one of your favorite Disney villains? If so, leave us your best evil sea witch cackle – Ursula style – in the “Comments” section below!

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Denise on June 6th, 2013 at 10:18 am

I absolutely love Pat Carroll and Ursula has got to be my FAVORITE villain! :-)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 6th, 2013 at 10:25 am

Love her. Best evil witch cackle ever. :)

Elaine on June 6th, 2013 at 10:58 am

Thanks for sharing this with us. I think it is so cool when the person who voiced characters come to “visit” themselves. Pat did a terrific job as Ursula and it was great to see her having so much fun on this attraction. We rode it back in December and loved it.

Bruce on June 6th, 2013 at 11:04 am

I read the blog every day, but this is probably my favorite post of all time.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 6th, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Thank you!

Lauren on June 6th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

WOW, what a great video. I just LOVE Ursula, and it is my dream to someday meet Pat Caroll. She seems like such a nice, genuine person.

I have a question. You said “The Little Mermaid” is coming out in 3D Blu-ray in October, but I thought the 3D transfer of the film was cancelled and the film was just going to be released in Blu-ray alone. Can you clarify this?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 6th, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Our friends at the Studios confirmed earlier this week that yes, it is in 3D.

John on June 6th, 2013 at 12:57 pm

How wonderful that she got to see it in person! The exquisitely detailed audio-animatronic figure of her character “Ursula” is one of the finest Disney has ever produced!

Becca on June 6th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Oh, yay! Pat Carroll seems so down to earth and sweet- not to mention that she still sounds JUST like Ursula. I got so happy when one of those signature deep laughs would come spilling out of her! Thank you so much for sharing this :)

P.S.- I cannot wait for The Little Mermaid to come out! It’s the first movie I ever saw in theaters, so it holds a very special place in my heart.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 6th, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I think it would be awesome in 3D Blu-ray!

Diane on June 6th, 2013 at 3:52 pm

It was great seeing Pat Carroll – she has the best villain’s voice

Dustin on June 6th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

TLM coming out in Blu-Ray gives me the hope of a street rat, that Aladdin will be next! :-)

david on June 6th, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Thanks Jennifer! Will the 3D blue ray disc be for a true 3D tv or is it a version to be watched with glasses? Also will it contain just a blue ray disc thats non-3D?

Angela on June 6th, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Pat Carroll is the sweetest woman. I had a charity auction for my school drama program; and my request letter was mis-directed. But she made absolutely certain her submission made it on time. What a wonderful lady and you can definitely tell it in this video!

Donna on June 7th, 2013 at 7:01 am

Pat Carroll is an American Treasure!! She is one of those great entertainers who has created a lifetime of fabulous work without having to surround herself with scandal to ensure her own “fame”. From Ursula to a Step-sister in Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella and many other roles, I am grateful for her work and how she has touched the lives of many in such a positive way.

Marla on June 7th, 2013 at 11:04 am

Loved this video! Pat Carroll seems like such a wonderful woman, and still sounds so much like Ursula! She looked like she had so much fun on the ride and was just so happy to see Ursula on the attraction. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on June 7th, 2013 at 3:52 pm

You’re welcome! She seems like a lot of fun.

Antoinette from CA on June 7th, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Does this mean the 3D Little Mermaid won’t be in theaters? I really wanted to see it in the theater. I loved getting to see Beauty and The Beast 3D at the theater.

Dolores on June 7th, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Ursula is my favorite sea witch! Loved this video!

Victor on June 10th, 2013 at 7:40 am

“Life’s full of difficult choices, in’t’”

Jean from VA on June 11th, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Please pass on to Pat that the Ursula scene is my daughter’s favorite part of the whole ride and she gets excited every time we ride it to see Ursula. She seems like such a wonderful person and not at all what you would expect from the voice of Ursula.