New York World's Fair 50th Anniversary

Disney Cruise Line Announces Plans for Extra-Special Holiday Cheer

posted on July 18th, 2013 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

Yesterday, we announced that Disney Cruise Line’s special Very Merrytime Cruises kick off in early November this year, giving your family even more options for celebrating the winter holidays at sea.

“Disney

Beginning November 9 on the Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder and November 10 on the Disney Dream and Disney Magic, we’ll celebrate all your favorite winter holidays with extra-special events and activities through the new year. You can build gingerbread houses, meet Santa Claus, and listen as holiday storytellers share tales of Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa … or just relax on deck instead of shoveling snow!

These voyages ignite holiday cheer from the very first night at “King Triton’s Tree Lighting Ceremony,” where a young guest will help light the three-deck-tall tree in the ship’s atrium lobby. The celebration takes on a tropical flair during the “Deck the Deck Holiday Party,” where you can do the “Yuletide Slide” with Mickey and friends, show off your hula hooping skills and limbo under oversized candy canes.

Sailing on Thanksgiving? Prepare for an extra dose of holiday magic, because we’re celebrating “turkey day” with a bountiful feast and Disney friends – and plenty of NFL football games, of course! On Christmas sailings, you’ll find surprises from Santa himself, caroling crew members and a traditional Christmas dinner that night. And celebrate New Year’s Eve on the high seas at a party with music, sparkling wine and a midnight countdown.

Even Castaway Cay is getting a holiday makeover, complete with “snow flurries,” a decked-out Christmas tree and holiday island music!

“Disney

Are you dreaming of a Disney Cruise Line Christmas? Let us know what you’d like most about our Very Merrytime Cruises in the comments section below.

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

mikael on July 18th, 2013 at 4:32 pm

been on the fantasy with my kids, i´d do anything to give myself and my boys the magic… Been over the world, Fantasy was the best vacation ever!

Sarah on July 18th, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Aww, will I just miss this on the Fantasy sailing Nov 2 – 9?

Ryan from CA on July 18th, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Will this change any of the major shows or pirate activities?

Robert on July 18th, 2013 at 5:09 pm

This is great news! We’ll be celebrating the holidays at WDW just before we head out for a 7-day cruise on the Fantasy! We booked the cruise a while ago, so this is just the icing on top of the best vacation cake ever! Thank you, Disney, for making our holiday vacation so full of Disney magic! We cannot wait to see WDW, the Fantasy and Castaway Cay all decked out for the holidays!

Allison on July 18th, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Playing limbo with candy canes sounds like so much fun! I can’t decide which holiday I’d like to celebrate the most on a Disney cruise because they all sound just perfect!

Regina from FL on July 18th, 2013 at 8:01 pm

We deliberately chose the week after Thanksgiving on the Fantasy this year though we booked it more than a year ago. We didn’t want to miss the Christmas decorations. Thanks DCL for starting earlier…DW does it and so should you!

Carol from PA on July 18th, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Does the Christmas celebration last until New Years Eve? Or is it over Christmas day?

Lara from NV on July 18th, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Jonathan:

Will these plans carry over to the 2014 season, for those of us booked on the November 8, 2014 Fantasy cruise? Will we also be fortunate enough to have a holiday cruise that week?

Thanks!

Daniel on July 19th, 2013 at 2:26 am

Same question as Ryan-I am curious if this will impact the Pirates in the Caribbean party or any events such as this. Would love to know what to plan for when I go on the Fantasy in November.

Lisa from FL on July 19th, 2013 at 8:19 am

Best. News. Ever!!!! We will just make it sailing on the Dream November 10th!

Michelle on July 19th, 2013 at 8:22 am

This looks great! Is there any word on special events for New Year’s Eve yet?

Brittney from AL on July 19th, 2013 at 11:04 am

We did Christmas on the Disney Dream 2 years ago, and on the Magic last year and absolutely LOVED it!

Sharon on July 19th, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I sure hope this doesn’t change for the December 2014 Dream Cruise. It is my wedding cruise and it would be wonderful pictures!!

By the way is anyone out there going to be on the Dream December 15-19 2014 Cruise. I am anxiously waiting to meet someone. I do have a meet group on Face Book and DIS. I hope someone is sailing with us :)

Jim from WA on July 19th, 2013 at 7:59 pm

We’ve been on the Magic two times in December (’04 & ’09) and will be on the Fantasy December 6-13, 2014. Those cruises are marvelous and the ships are beautiful with all the Christmas decorations.

I would look forward to egg nog and fresh hot apple cider being available at the beverage station!

Belita on July 19th, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Sharon,
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding My family and I will be on the Disney Dream with you We are super excited. I think we will end up with about 6 cabins. My three children and four grandchildren will be going, too. What is the name of your Facebook page, we would like to join. Have you booked your cruise yet?

Becky from AZ on July 19th, 2013 at 10:02 pm

We will be on the Dream this Christmas: Christmas Eve on Castaway and Christmas Day at Sea… we simply cannot wait! We have the same question as others: will there be a Pirates Night, or will everything be Holiday themed (which we’d be mighty fine with, although we had a blast with Pirates night last time).

Diane from MI on July 19th, 2013 at 10:59 pm

WooHoo!! Just in time for our cruise. How absolutely wonderful!! Thanks Disney!

Jill from IL on July 20th, 2013 at 12:43 pm

We sailed in Nov of 2011 on the Mex Riviera cruise. The ship was beautiful! We ordered our Christmas cards with our pic from the lobby!

Michele on July 20th, 2013 at 11:18 pm

I will be making my maiden voyage with the Disney Cruise Line on November 10th on the Disney Dream. I’m so excited that there will be Christmas on the boat. I think I’m more excited than my 6 year old. Being a travel agent I’ve been on many cruises and I’ve heard such wonderful things about Disney, I hope its as great as everyone says.

Keshia on July 21st, 2013 at 2:58 pm

We sail November 24-27, 2013 on the Dream. I am soooooooo excited!

Angela from CA on July 21st, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Aw we just miss it on the Nov 2 – 9 cruise, but I bet we’ll get to enjoy the wonderful sweet smell of the gingerbread house being built and some of the decorations going up.

Sharon on July 22nd, 2013 at 10:49 am

Belita, would love to get a hold of you to talk about our cruise :) Just do a search Disney Dream Cruise December 15-19 2014

Alecia from LA on July 23rd, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Although it was my wish to sail on the Disney Fantasy on its inaugural sailing, our vacation aboard the Fantasy during the week of Christmas 2012 was a dream come true. It was amazing to wake up on Christmas morning on the ship with all the Cast Members wishing us a Merry Christmas. Everyone in my family is looking forward to sailing again at Christmas one day soon! To answer Becky’s question, Pirate Night is on in full swing during the Christmas sailing.

ashley on July 29th, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I have the same question as others, does this change any of the major shows or pirate night?? Also, are there opportunities to get pictures of character and family pictures with out Christmas decor? I tried calling DCL and got NO answers, I am a little taken back that disney is just now marking our Nov. 9th cruise as a Christmas cruise. Wish I would have known this when booking 7 months ago. We have just been looking at all the on board activities and getting so excited. Can you please respond and ease my concerns. I am hoping this is a great change, just kind of shocked and bummed at the moment.