King Triton's Carousel

Disney Cruise Line Unveils Brand-New Celebrations for Holidays on the High Seas

posted on July 17th, 2013 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

Today we unveiled some of the magical ways guests can celebrate the fall and winter holidays on a Disney cruise, with enhanced Halloween experiences and even more winter holiday sailings.

I’ll tell you all about winter holidays tomorrow, but first…
“Halloween

Get ready for a frightfully good time this Halloween with Disney Cruise Line!

New for 2013 is Halloween on the High Seas on the Disney Dream! The brand-new event includes tons of spooky fun, like mask-making, pumpkin-carving and a Disney villain takeover of the ship’s announcements. And while you’re there, don’t forget to…

• Dress up in your best costume and dance the night away with Disney friends at Mickey’s Calling All The Monsters Mouse-Querade Deck Party.
  • Meet Jack Skellington and Sally after an interactive showing of “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
  • Try not to scream as a mysterious sea captain storyteller tells Haunted Stories of the Sea.

Halloween on the High Seas will take place on most voyages aboard the Disney Dream from late September through October.

On all Disney ships, special Halloween voyages will bring you treats, tricks and lots of magical mischief! Party with all your favorite Disney characters at a fun-filled haunted Halloween costume party – complete with live music, dancing and lots of candy! For added thrills and chills, treat yourself to Halloween-themed movies and frightfully delicious Halloween concoctions, like chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes and “Spooky Juice.”

So, what do you think? Tell us which Halloween offering you’re most excited about in the comments section below.

And stay tuned for details about the winter holiday celebrations… coming tomorrow!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Kelly from MO on July 17th, 2013 at 11:21 am

This is great news! Halloween is my favorite holiday!
How will we know which sailings this will be offered on? We’re taking our first cruise on the Dream this October!

Katherine on July 17th, 2013 at 11:29 am

I will be sailing on the Disney Fantasy during this time, and I am sad I won’t get to experience this! :(

Gayle from IN on July 17th, 2013 at 11:29 am

Sorry, but I’ll only get excited when DCL starts offering truly special holiday-Christmas related events. The cruise line needs to catch up with the parks & resorts on this issue. (Still love ya though!)

William on July 17th, 2013 at 11:42 am

We will be sailing the 27th of spook-tober.

Lisa on July 17th, 2013 at 11:42 am

I am VeRY upset that is is only on the Dream. I am on a late September sailing on the Fantasy and would love the chance to meet Jack & Sally!

Holly from SC on July 17th, 2013 at 11:42 am

Sweet! We are going to be on the Dream just in time for this!!

Barbara from NY on July 17th, 2013 at 11:46 am

This is super exciting, but so sad at the same time. We will also be sailing on the Fantasy and it’s a shame that only the passengers on the Dream will be able to experience this. DCL needs to open this to all 4 ships!

Tricia from NH on July 17th, 2013 at 11:46 am

It says starting in Sept. so looks like our Oct. Dream will be part of it!!!!

Susan on July 17th, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Why only on the Dream? We are sailing on the Fantasy in late Sept. and this would be fantastic. Sad that it is only limited to one ship :(

Stefania on July 17th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

How do we know if this will be happening on our ship? My family and I are cruising on the Disney Fantasy Oct 5-12…these events look like they would be so much fun!

Manuel on July 17th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Great news for the Dream Sailing, We are sailing on the Fantasy from Oct 26th ’till Nov 2 So Halloween will be during the cruise. Are we going to have a Halloween event too ? Sure wishing upon my star for this.

candace on July 17th, 2013 at 12:12 pm

We are going Sept 22nd……..does anyone know when “late” september is?

Alvaro on July 17th, 2013 at 12:13 pm

This looks so AWESOME! It’s making me think that maybe they will get rid of pirate night on the cruise and have the Mouse-Querade night instead (not in addition) and maybe have special fireworks? Anyone know if this is the case? Either way, it’s AWESOME! :P

Kathleen on July 17th, 2013 at 12:22 pm

This sounds like great fun, but it needs to happen on The Fantasy!! We’ll be sailing on Oct 26th for my son’s 8th (Halloween) birthday! So sad we won’t have the Halloween on the High Seas festivities :(

Nicholas on July 17th, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Why is this just on the dream? I’m on a Fantasy cruise on October 12th… Is there any activities on this cruise

Beth on July 17th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Oh, nuts. My husband’s FAVORITE is Jack Skellington but we are on the Fantasy’s Halloween week cruise, not the Dream.

Haley from NB on July 17th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I’m sailing on the Dream September 22nd! Please tell me it starts with this cruise!?!?!

Cynthia from AE on July 17th, 2013 at 12:37 pm

So excited, hope they do this again next year. We just finished the Alaska cruise and booked another for October of next year. We are going to go to MNSCHP and then the cruise.

Diana on July 17th, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Those of us sailing on the Fantasy October 19th really REALLY want to “Meet Jack Skellington and Sally after an interactive showing of ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’” and hear “Haunted Stories of the Sea” too! Please Disney?! :D

Jehovana on July 17th, 2013 at 12:49 pm

I can’t wait! I’ve been planning my October Disney Cruise/Honeymoon since June of last year and this is a great surprise! We are big fans of Nightmare Before Christmas and can’t wait to celebrate Halloween on the ship! It’s our favorite holiday as well. This is going to be so much fun! Such a dream come true!

Gary on July 17th, 2013 at 1:09 pm

The post specifically mentions the Dream. Can you elaborate on the other ships – like the Wonder?

Barbara on July 17th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I will be on the Dream in October and this sounds exciting. Will the Mouse-Querade Deck Party replace the pirates deck party or is it an addition. I already have my pirate costume. Do I need to plan on a monster costume too?

Ingrid on July 17th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Im sailing Sept 22 on the Dream hope its up by then

Jill on July 17th, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I’d love details, like so many others. The vague statement of “On all Disney ships, special Halloween voyages will bring you treats, tricks and lots of magical mischief!” doesn’t tell any of us sailing on a ship other than the Dream if we can plan on fun Halloween festivities for our October sailing dates.

Robin from NS on July 17th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Take it for what its worth…I seen this on the face book comments for the announcment “This will start on the Dream on the September 22, 2013 sailing. I just called DCL and verified”….Will be on the 22nd sailing :-)

Susan on July 17th, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Another family cruising on the Fantasy October 26-November 2 during Halloween. DCL, please tell us we’ll be celebrating like this, too!!

Bridget on July 17th, 2013 at 3:54 pm

This sounds so great, but what about the Fantasy? We will be on the Fantasy for Halloween! REALLY hoping this happens for our cruise!

Vicki from CA on July 17th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

So happy we planned B2B sailings on the Dream, Oct. 13 – 20!!!! B2b cruises, completing the DCL Grand Slam (Wonder, Magic, Fantasy and, last but not least, the Dream), and Halloween. What a magical week this will be :o )

Aubrey on July 17th, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I am SO bummed this is only on the Dream :( ! My husband-to-be and I are sailing on the Fantasy in mid-October for our honeymoon and he LOVES The Nightmare Before Christmas! Wish we would have the chance to meet Jack and Sally on the Fantasy too!

Ashley on July 17th, 2013 at 8:25 pm

We are sailing on the dream from oct 31-nov 3. I hope that cruise will be included in the halloween celebration?

Melissa on July 17th, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I like so many previous posters will be sailing on the Fantasy during this time frame and I’m very disappointed it won’t be available on all the ships. Perhaps based on all the feedback received here and FB DCL will consider expanding to include more ships…

Linette on July 17th, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Please let us know if the Dream events apply to other ships, including the Disney Fantasy?? We are sailing 10/19 and hope we are not left out :)

Karen on July 17th, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Awesome, I will be on the Dream, October 17th

Brittney from AL on July 18th, 2013 at 7:13 am

The Halloween cruise was by far one of our favorites!!!! So exciting to see all of the new additions!

Kelsey on July 18th, 2013 at 9:20 am

Why this is a great idea, why are those of us that are sailing on the Fantasy excluded from the “brand new events”? We booked the 10/26 sailing to experience the joys of Halloween and Disney to find that the Dream gets a more elaborate Halloween than us. Please reconsider this idea, there is still time to make changes.

Sherry on July 18th, 2013 at 1:44 pm

We are on the Halloween cruise of the Fantasy (Oct. 26th – Nov. 2nd). Why can’t we have it too!? It sounds amazing. Sure hope Disney offers it across all ships!

Adara from IL on July 18th, 2013 at 4:45 pm

How do we confirm if this is on our sailing??? w know it says it begins the 22 of Sept on the Dream, well we sale the Dream on Sept 22-26. I really hope we are the first to experience this and don’t miss out by one week!!!

Suzanne from NV on July 18th, 2013 at 9:33 pm

So sad this will not be happening on our Disney Fantasy cruise over Halloween:( I love Jack & Sally!

Bert on July 18th, 2013 at 9:59 pm

We are on the Disney Wonder Oct 26, will our ship have any Halloween fun?

john from sussex on July 19th, 2013 at 4:56 am

cool I will be on the 14 November saling

Dustin on July 19th, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Awesome! Especially the Haunted Stories of the Sea, storytelling like this is great– it’d be neat to see that come to the parks too!

Ann from CA on July 20th, 2013 at 11:18 pm

OMG, we are sailing on the dream on 10/24! Where can I trick-or-treat with Stitch???

Wendy on July 22nd, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Please DCL offer something like this on all ships!! We are traveling on the Wonder and would love something Halloweeny.

Shanell from NJ on July 25th, 2013 at 1:17 am

They had me at Jack and Sally! Changing one cruise for next year to the 10/31 cruise.

Shauna from NM on September 9th, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I Love this idea! We are planning on a Cruise for next year and if this Halloween cruise is still going on we will be cruising Disney October of 2014. Wish I could go this year.

Michael from OH on September 11th, 2013 at 8:11 pm

So excited to be going on the Disney Dream September 22 and to be a part of the first cruise like this!

Jessica on September 11th, 2013 at 10:24 pm

I CAN NOT wait! We sail on the 13th and Im so excited. We love disney cruise line but halloween while sailing, it doesn’t get any better :)

Rachna on September 13th, 2013 at 12:14 pm

We are sailing the Dream on Sept 22nd an I am so excited. Halloween is by far one of my favorite holidays. So excited to be able to dress up in a costume and do some trick or treating with the little one. Does anyone know if the pirate party is being replaced by this or will there be both? Thanks :)

Melissa on September 18th, 2013 at 1:53 pm

This starts on the Dream on cruises departing on September 22 – October 31st (excludes itinerary departing September 29, 2013).We leave on October 27 and were so excited this will be are first Disney cruise and I know my son is going to love it!