Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Disney ‘Planes’ Merchandise Lands in Disney Parks Merchandise Locations

posted on July 31st, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

Disney ‘Planes’ Merchandise Lands at Disney Parks, Including Dusty Crophopper Antenna Toppers

With Disney “Planes” flying into theaters on August 9, new themed merchandise has recently landed in select merchandise shops at Disney Parks. I recently visited Once Upon a Toy and World of Disney at Downtown Disney Marketplace to check out the new arrivals.

Like previous film releases such as Disney•Pixar’s “Brave” or Disney’s “Wreck-It Ralph,” the new merchandise is a combination of items from the national market (that is things you can find at your local Disney Store or online) and some unique development by Disney Theme Park Merchandise.

One of those unique items is the antenna topper shown above that resembles Dusty Crophopper. The souvenirs team told me this was one of the first times they included a propeller that actually spins on an antenna topper.
Disney ‘Planes’ Pin Set, Backpack and More Now Available at Disney Parks

Another item created especially for Disney Parks is a four-pin set with characters from the animated feature.
Disney ‘Planes’ Merchandise Lands in Disney Parks Merchandise Locations

My inner child really would love playing with all of the new toys. I recall countless hours playing with die-cast cars and planes as a child. Fortunately, I have a son who is still at that playful age, and I’m sure he will want one of everything.
Disney ‘Planes’ Merchandise Lands in Disney Parks Merchandise Locations

Finally, there are new shirts and hats featuring characters and logos from the film.

Look for these items in multiple locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.

I recently attended an advanced screening of the film and it was great! I found myself laughing quite a bit throughout the show. I hope to see you at the movies on August 9.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Fred from CA on July 31st, 2013 at 4:55 pm

I’m really looking forward to the film. I love how it’s all part of the Cars universe.

Steven– Besides merchandise, do you happen to know if the Disney Parks are planning anything to promote the film? Perhaps character meet and greets in Cars Land or Condor Flats at the Disneyland Resort?

Steven Miller on August 1st, 2013 at 9:51 am

@Fred – I hope you will enjoy the show. I did! As for other things planned, I have not heard any specifics or details. If I do, I will follow up.

Jason on July 31st, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I WANT AN ANTENNA TOPPER! What a great idea!

Pamela on July 31st, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Thank you for the topper. This is one of the cutest toppers we had in a long time.

Any chance we might see El Chupacabra as a topper too?

Steven Miller on August 1st, 2013 at 9:52 am

@Jason and Pamela – The item number for the antenna topper is 400007699533. It is being carried in a variety of locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. I’ve not heard of any plans for a second antenna topper.

David on July 31st, 2013 at 7:29 pm

I hope they make some adult sized clothing. It seems like most of the recent movie-based clothing has been youth only…

Steven Miller on August 1st, 2013 at 9:55 am

@David – At this point, I don’t seen any options for adults at Disney Parks. DisneyStore.com has one few create-your-own shirt for men – http://www.disneystore.com/planes/mn/1019303/

I personally want that bomber jacket and cap … yet it would probably be too small for me – ha!

Lisette on July 31st, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Really cute merchandise. We are eagerly anticipating the opening of Planes.

Daniel from CA on July 31st, 2013 at 11:16 pm

This is absolutely adorable.

Sell, sell, sell, theme parks!!!

Dina on August 1st, 2013 at 8:57 am

Are the antenna toppers only available in the parks?

Steven Miller on August 1st, 2013 at 10:23 am

@Dina – That is correct. The item number is 400007699533 and you can find it at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts. If you aren’t visiting soon, I invite you to contact Merchandise Guest Services by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com.

Craig on August 1st, 2013 at 11:53 am

Steven, I remember playing with Mattel’s Hot BIrds as a little guy – I thought of those as you described playing with die-cast planes and cars as a kid – I’m sure it’s dating me, but those were great toys – the diecast set of Disney’s Planes looks very similar – oh, to be young again

Sabina on August 1st, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Yayyy we’re excited for this one! I always take my nieces and nephews to watch Disney movies and we always do fun arts and crafts on days leading up to the move. We’ve already started making paper planes. So fun!

Loye on August 4th, 2013 at 4:18 pm

We were in DTD Florida a few months back during the pre-Oz, the Great and Powerful premiere and received a little balsa wood plane promoting this movie. I’ll have to go dig it out…

gene on August 6th, 2013 at 11:59 am

Hi Steven! Glad you like the Topper! I got to design that one! :0)

mark on August 22nd, 2013 at 7:38 am

Hey just something to think about, when we were down at Disney a few months ago I was looking for shirts and hoodies with the classic Walt Disney World logo on it, and the selection for anything xxl or bigger is very limited, why not make larger sizes available at least to order if not carried in the stores.