How has your family been beating the heat this summer? One of my favorite ways to cool off is to head to a Disney water park for some fun. (And okay, the snacks may be a draw to our water parks, too, with yummy treats like the Sand Pail at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, which I’m determined to try before summer is out!).
One thing is true about our water parks and even our resort pools: They have amazing water slides. Whether it’s speed you seek, or creative theming, be sure to check these out on your next trip to Walt Disney World Resort.
- Summit Plummet at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park – If it’s speed you seek, check out Summit Plummet, which stands 120 feet tall and offers speeds of up to 55 mph, making it one of the world’s fastest free-fall water slides.
- Crush ‘N’ Gusher at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park – This “water-coaster” pushes rafts uphill using powerful water jets. And, yes, multiple family members can ride at one time.
- Jaguar slide at The Lost City of Cibola Pool, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort – The Dig Site’s slide made my list from the sheer fact that guests get to slide alongside the pool’s 50-foot Pyramid of the Sun. You can’t ask for better surroundings!
- The Flying Jib slide at Stormalong Bay, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts – As if the sand-bottom Stormalong Bay pool wasn’t fun enough, check out the pool’s shipwreck slide. What amazing theming!
- Nanea Volcano Pool slide at Disney’s Polynesian Resort – And speaking of theming, where else but at Disney’s Polynesian Resort can you slide through a volcano but at the Nanea Volcano Pool? Very cool.
Do you have a favorite water slide at Disney Parks? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.