Spaceship Earth at Epcot

Halloween Time Returns to the Disneyland Resort September 13 – October 31; Mickey’s Halloween Party Expanding to 13 Nights

posted on July 1st, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

UPDATE 7/15/13: Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party are now on sale here!

UPDATE 7/8/13: Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party are now on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders here.

Friday the 13th seems like the perfect day to kick off the spookiest time of year here at the Disneyland Resort, doesn’t it? From Friday, September 13 through October 31, the Happiest Place on Earth will get spookier again with the return of Halloween Time. And this year, Mickey’s Halloween Party will expand to a spooky total of 13 nights at Disneyland park!

Halloween Time features Disney villains, Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes, a Día de los Muertos celebration and the special after-hours Mickey’s Halloween Party, plus – my favorites – Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.

Be sure to get your Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets early at Disneyland.com/Halloween! Mark your calendars for the following dates:

• July 8: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members
  • July 15: Tickets on sale to general public
  • Mickey’s Halloween Party 2013 dates: Friday, September 27; Tuesday, October 1; Friday, October 4; Tuesday, October 8; Friday, October 11; Tuesday, October 15; Friday, October 18; Monday, October 21; Wednesday, October 23; Friday, October 25; Monday, October 28; Wednesday, October 30; and Thursday, October 31.

And while you’re at Mickey’s Halloween Party, check out the new “Monsters U Dance Party” at Tomorrowland Terrace. Class time is over, and the students of “Monsters University” join Mickey’s Halloween Party guests in a family-friendly frat party with Monster U’s most popular students, Mike & Sulley!

Take a look at some of the fun waiting for you during Halloween Time!

We’ll have more updates on Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort here on the Disney Parks Blog, and you can get even more information at Disneyland.com/Halloween. And join the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #HalloweenTime.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Special Events

Christina on July 1st, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Yay! Looking forward to this already! When will prices be announced?

ERIKA on July 1st, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I would LOVE to have Boo To You Parade in Anaheim…its our favorite parade.

Jason on July 1st, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Now I just have to wait to see which days the Halloween parties are on. Though I’m always there on my birthday (oct 30th) and usually attend one of the parties in oct, maybe I’ll go to the party on the 31rst this year(oh no two days at DL in a row how will I ever manage?) :D

Erin Glover on July 2nd, 2013 at 11:53 am

Jason – Party dates are listed in the third bullet above. You could go on your birthday and on Halloween night! ;)

Katie from NY on July 1st, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Yay! I’ll be visiting Disneyland for the first time September 11th through 13th!! Does this mean that Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion will be fully Halloweenized and back running on the 13th? I was a little worried about both being closed for my whole visit.

Erin Glover on July 2nd, 2013 at 11:54 am

That is correct – Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy will both be open on September 13. Enjoy your first visit!

Natalie from CA on July 1st, 2013 at 3:32 pm

The disneyland website won’t let me sign in as on the AP page. Keeps redirecting me to the main landing. I was going to look at hotel prices. Please get this fixed soon!

Sarah on July 1st, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Crossing my fingers for a return of Spooky Dapper Dans!

Tami on July 1st, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Hi Erin~ Just wondering how this is going to work for annual passholders/Disney rewards Visa holder. I have both and was suppose to receive an email link to sign up early for the Disney Princess marathon and even though I had both, I didn’t receive any links which was frustrating. I’m hoping this will not be the case for the Halloween tickets. It’s great being a passholder and being eligible for these perks, not so great when it doesn’t happen. Thanks for any info you may be able to pass on.

Erin Glover on July 2nd, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Tami – Be sure to keep an eye on http://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/ for information on Annual Passholder tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party (and more).

Corene from BC on July 1st, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Yay! Thanks Erin! I’ve been waiting & watching for these dates. Wanted to make sure that I’m there for a Halloween party. Looking forward to my first Halloween Time at DL! Cheers and thanks, C

Erin Glover on July 2nd, 2013 at 11:55 am

You’ll love it, Corene!

Richard from CA on July 1st, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Hey that’s great! Does anyone know if the Food & Wine Festival will be returning to California Adventure this year?

Sherry from CA on July 1st, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Erin — I’m not sure if you were aware, but the AP Backstage Pass newsletter/magazine for summer (the one with the retro mini-posters in it) incorrectly printed that Mickey’s Halloween Party begins on Monday, 9/30 this year. So, for the last month or two, I and everyone in my year-round Halloween Time thread have been operating under the assumption that 9/30 would be the start date! I even called Disneyland twice and the Cast Members on the phone looked at the Backstage Pass and confirmed the 9/30 start date….
Imagine the shock when we saw your blog today and noticed that the party actually begins on 9/27 (which makes more sense), not to mention the fact that 9/30 isn’t even on the roster of dates!…. I wish that Disneyland could release all Halloween Time and Holiday season dates really early in the year, as there are many people who want to plan/coordinate/budget for trips specifically based on those seasons and many of them are accustomed to visiting Disney World, for which the seasonal info comes out way, way in advance! Some folks already began their planning based on the 9/30 date printed in Backstage Pass, and it’s not even correct!

Rebecca on July 1st, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Re: Katie from NY – I have read that 2013 marks the 13th anniversary for the Haunted Mansion Holiday AND that Sept.13 is Friday the 13th – So hopefully they will have “special” decor/celebrations going on that day/weekend as well. I will be there the same week. I was hoping for the special fireworks show that weekend but it doesn’t look like that is not until end of Sept. We’ll see – fingers crossed!

Erin Glover on July 2nd, 2013 at 11:56 am

Stay tuned … ;)

Abby on July 2nd, 2013 at 3:34 am

I can’t wait till coming Halloween!
I’m looking forward to join the new dance party with Mike & Sulley.
But can’t we dance with characters such as Donald Duck & Goofy in pirate’s costumes at Adventureland(maybe New Orleans Square) anymore? Do you have a plan of some other dance party?
I hope I spend a magical Halloween night!

Lizzie on July 2nd, 2013 at 7:34 am

So excited! This is the first year I’ll be at the park for Halloween! I hear only wonderful things! CAN’T WAIT! Are the Villains having a dance party on the 13th of Sept as part of Limited Time Magic?? Hope so!

Erin Glover on July 2nd, 2013 at 11:57 am

You never know what the Disney villains have up their sleeves … stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog and we’ll have all the details as the time draws near!

kathy on July 2nd, 2013 at 10:04 am

LOVE IT!

Tommy on July 2nd, 2013 at 2:03 pm

My family have AP but we didn’t know anything about the AP Backstage Pass newsletter/magazine. How do we get ours? As far as the Halloween Time tickets do you buy them and could go any day or do you buy them for a certain date?

Erin Glover on July 2nd, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Tommy – All Halloween Time offerings are included with regular park admission; however, if you wish to attend Mickey’s Halloween Party (which is a separate event requiring a special ticket) you must purchase a ticket for the specific night you want to attend.

Melissa on July 2nd, 2013 at 2:50 pm

I can’t wait. Already picked my day. Oct 25th. YAY!!!

marcus on July 2nd, 2013 at 3:44 pm

is all this info correct?
I’m looking on the calendar and it shows 15 days for the party… and a lot of the dates are different

Sherry from CA on July 2nd, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Tommy — The AP Backstage Pass newsletter/magazine/calendar seems to be hit or miss as to who receives it. Some folks mention never receiving it at all, while others get it in the mail maybe 2 times each year. The most recent one I received, within the last month or two, is filled with mini retro Disneyland posters (which are cool), and it lists 9/13 as the start date for the Halloween Time season (which is correct this year) and the Villains “13th Hour” event; 9/30 as the start date for Mickey’s Halloween Party (which is clearly incorrect, as we now know); and Tues., 11/12 as the start of the Holiday season this year (we don’t know if that is correct or not! Lol)…..As for the tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party, you have to buy them for specific dates and they can only be used on those dates (there are different prices for Friday parties vs. earlier weeknight parties, too). To enjoy the Halloween Time season in general, however, you can go anytime, on any day, until 10/31.

Charlie on July 2nd, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Is there a way on knowing what the costs will be? I have my AP and would like to take advantage of the early booking

Jacqui on July 2nd, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Erin

I am coming from Australia and have purchased an annual pass. Is there any way I can buy the tickets early with other AP people or even get a discount on the price as I am unable to activate it until I arrive at the parks? Please help

Melissa on July 3rd, 2013 at 7:48 am

I am traveling from Australia and would like to know if I will be able to purchase halloween party tickets online on the 15th?

Erin Glover on July 3rd, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Yes – Online ticket sales for the general public begin July 15. I’ll update this post with the link as soon as tickets go on sale.

Teresa from AB on July 3rd, 2013 at 2:17 pm

When can Disney employees purchase their tickets? Do they wait until the General Public dates? Thanks !

Sara on July 3rd, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Yay! Super excited. This will be our first year at halloween time, even at Disneyland- I’ve always been to WDW. Now for the tickets, I am a Disney visa cardholder, but don’t plan on using it to purchase the tickets, does that mean I have to wait until the 15th for them to go on sale to the public?

kathy on July 4th, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Hi – I’m an AP and want to buy tickets on 7/8. Can you update the link for that also? Thanks!

kathy on July 4th, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Will all the rides be open at Mickey’s Halloween Party? AP prices?

Michelle on July 4th, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Hi Erin,
As a premiere visa holder how will we purchase our tickets on the 8th? Will we be email a link? Or do we just go to the disneyland tickets page to purchase our tickets on the 8th?

Margaret on July 4th, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Oh please when do they go on sale. I am bringing my family over from Australia to a life time trip and so much want them to be there on 31 Oct -I don’t want to miss out

Carolyn on July 6th, 2013 at 11:28 pm

I understand that there is a limited number of tickets they sell for Mickey’s Halloween party. Does anyone know many that is? Also, what time of day does the Happiest haunts tour begin, and how long does it last? Has anyone gone on the tour?

Michelle on July 7th, 2013 at 10:37 am

Carolyn, my son and I have gone on the happy haunts tour twice now. It is a lot of fun. Very entertaining and you get some special treats and ride access. Its well worth the money and a great way to enjoy Halloween time. My son was 7 the first time we went on the tour. Some of the rides may be a little scary for younger children.

Melissa on July 7th, 2013 at 11:37 am

Hi Erin, I am in Australia and have purchased an AP, however it seems I cannot activate it until my first visit. Is there any way to activate it so that I can book our tickets early and also receive any applicable discount? Thanks in advance

Carolyn on July 7th, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Thanks, Michelle. Do you know how late in the day it starts, and the length of the tour? We’re going to the Halloween party as well, and want to know if the time conflicts with both events.

Michelle on July 8th, 2013 at 9:50 am

Carolyn I think it starts around 5pm their are a couple of different times. If I remember right it lasts about 2.5-3hrs. So you still have time to enjoy the Halloween party. They used to offer a package that included the ticket to the party and the tour. We usually go on the tour a different evening because I have smaller children too. But the tour is a great way to enjoy some of the more popular rides and avoid the lines! Have a blast!

Terri on July 8th, 2013 at 10:23 am

Is there a specific link we can get to access the tickets? I’m not finding it on the website….but maybe I’m looking in the wrong place?

ashley on July 8th, 2013 at 10:36 am

Where do you buy our tickets? Im not seeing anything?

Courtney on July 8th, 2013 at 10:40 am

@Terri – it’s possible the tickets haven’t gone on sale yet.

Do you guys know when the tickets will be live?

Lindsay on July 8th, 2013 at 10:41 am

I’ve been checking for the AP link to buy tickets since just past midnight, ahhhh! Can you please please please let us know how to buy them? I don’t want to miss out!

Tanya on July 8th, 2013 at 10:52 am

Yeah, I can’ see a link to buy them either. I guess just keep trying until the post a update. Frustrating……ugghhh!

John from CA on July 8th, 2013 at 11:10 am

Erin hasn’t posted since the 3rd, maybe she is on vacation.

kathy on July 8th, 2013 at 11:10 am

When are the Halloween tickets going on sale today for AP? Link please…Thx

Ben on July 8th, 2013 at 11:13 am

Same here, not finding it. If anyone can give us directions that would be great. My wife is due with our third child on Oct 28th, so I have to try and get tickets to the first available date, otherwise we might not make it :)

Eric from MA on July 8th, 2013 at 11:13 am

Same, I keep trying all three and I’m not seeing anything. I hope they update soon and provide a link.

Michelle on July 8th, 2013 at 11:14 am

Where do we go for disney visa ticket purchases? There isn’t anything on that website either?

Lori on July 8th, 2013 at 11:38 am

I called DVC this morning to inquire about the Halloween party tickets. They said that they weren’t aware that the tickets were on sale and gave me the number for ticketing in Anaheim. :/

Courtney on July 8th, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Tickets are live on the passholder offers page! Just purchased two for 10/25! :)

Michelle on July 8th, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I got my disney visa tickets. Had to call Anaheim tickets to get them. Quite a wait but I got what I needed!

John from CA on July 8th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Thanks Courtney, that’s what I needed. Got 5 for 10/25

Scott on July 8th, 2013 at 1:51 pm

does anyone know if there will be a link provided for disney visa card holders? i don’t really have time to call and wait on hold to order the tickets, but i suppose i would if i needed to. plus, i’m just so excited to get them!

Julia on July 8th, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Scott, unfortunately, as of now it seems as if you need to call the Disneyland ticket number. There were no emails from VISA or Disney for us nor is there a link anywhere for Disney VISA cardholders, it is not even listed on the website, just a link for passholders. I was not on hold very long, but there were a couple of minutes of “dead air” before the hold music started, so don’t hang up, I did and dialed again just to have the same happen but decided to stay on the line and sure enough music came on and within minutes a cast member verified that I could purchase the tickets!!! Good Luck!

Lori on July 8th, 2013 at 5:59 pm

I just purchased tickets with my Disney Visa card. I just called ticket services at 714-781-4400. I was on hold for about 10 minutes, but then only took a few minutes to get the tickets.

marcus on July 8th, 2013 at 6:11 pm

What’s the difference between Mickey’s Halloween Party and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?

I found a link last week to “Not So Scary” tickets but the dates are different than the ones listed for the “regular” Halloween party. “Not so scary” has 9 dates in September