Japan Pavilion at Epcot

Happy Holidays! Booking for Candlelight Processional Packages at Epcot Starts Today

posted on July 9th, 2013 by Charles Stovall, Public Relations Manager

I know, I know, I know. Independence Day was just last week, but we get into the holiday spirit VERY early here at the Disney Parks Blog.

Today is a very exciting day because guests can now start booking dinner packages for our Candlelight Processional at Epcot. And, this year, you can actually book them online at www.disneyworld.com.

The Candlelight Processional, part of Holidays Around the World at Epcot, is one of my all-time favorite events at Disney Parks. For those of you who haven’t seen it, it’s a joyous retelling of the Christmas story by a celebrity narrator, accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and a glorious mass choir. Dinner packages (available on select nights) include a delicious meal at an Epcot restaurant, a guaranteed seat for one of the Candlelight Processional performances and pre-arranged fireworks viewing. Availability is limited.
The Candlelight Processional at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort

Not only have I seen the Candlelight Processional every year since I was a kid, I have also been privileged to be part of the cast choir for the last six years. Last year, Amy Grant was the celebrity narrator on the night I sang. It was amazing!

Here are the celebrity narrators we’ve confirmed so far (including three new narrators, actors Ashley Judd, Sigourney Weaver and Dennis Haysbert):

• 11/29-12/1:Gary Sinise
  • 12/2-12/3: Neil Patrick Harris
  • 12/4-12/5: Ashley Judd
  • 12/6-12/7: Whoopi Goldberg
  • 12/8-12/10: Sigourney Weaver
  • 12/11-12/13: Dennis Haysbert
  • 12/14-12/16: James Denton
  • 12/17-12/19: Edward James Olmos
  • 12/20-12/22: Trace Adkins
  • 12/23-12/25: Steven Curtis Chapman
  • 12/26-12/28: Blair Underwood
  • 12/29-12/30: Amy Grant

As usual, entertainment is always subject to change.

The Candlelight Processional is performed three times per night throughout the holiday season, November 29–December 30, 2013. For more information about Holidays Around the World at Epcot, the Candlelight Processional, or to book the Candlelight Dinner packages, you can call 407.WDW DINE (407.939.3463) or check-out www.disneyworld.com.

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

27 Comments 1 Reply

Jeremy from NY on July 9th, 2013 at 10:45 am

Is there a reason there were never any lunch openings for Dec 8?

Elaine from PA on July 9th, 2013 at 10:54 am

We did this last year for the first time and loved it. Jodi Benson, Ariel from the Little Mermaid was our narrator and she was wonderful. It was so beautiful I cried. Wish we could go again this year. Definitely glad that we did the package especially since it was our first time to see this and I wanted to make sure we had seats!

Gregory on July 9th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

The second link goes to the Disneyworld home page. I checked the “Special Events Tickets” page, but the Candlelight Processional is not listed.

Lori on July 9th, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Gregory, go to Things to Do, then Make Reservations and click on the Candlelight Processional page.

Erin from FL on July 9th, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Jeremy, the 5:00 show on Dec 8th is Community Relations for press and invited people only. There is no seats for the public, so there are no dining packages for that show.

Angela on July 9th, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Where do we find the prices for the individual restaurants?

Lois on July 9th, 2013 at 8:39 pm

When will we know if Jodi Benson will be there. It is our regular birthday/holiday trip to see her. Any ideas and if she will fill in the Dec 8-10 slot as that is around her usual time there. Thanks.

Dena on July 9th, 2013 at 9:01 pm

This has been on my bucket list- made my ressie at 7am this morning. Can’t wait!!!!

Stefani on July 9th, 2013 at 9:06 pm

I cant wait! I love singing in candlelight with my high school choir. I hope Neal Patrick Harris and Marley Matlin are both doing it again. They are both amazing and it’s so fun to participate!

PAUL on July 10th, 2013 at 12:07 am

I was able to book a resrvation on line for the Candlelight Processional this morning but it only allowed me to choose a meal time. Last year I was able to choose the show time (which I belive were 5, 6:45 or 8:15) as well as the meal time. Has there been a change in the process & how do we find out which show we’ll be attending?

Jennie from CA on July 10th, 2013 at 6:42 am

We saw James Denton last year and he truly seemed so happy to be doing it. We also saw Dick Van Dyke at DLR…on his birthday. AHH-Mazing! I wish we could go every year to WDW, but we are left coasters. This year we only have 2 nights available. This is such a wonderful event and I’m saddened that DL has only a couple of shows.

Amy on July 10th, 2013 at 7:48 am

Can you please clarify the dining plan coverage of this event? I’ve made my reservation (online) but the only thing it says is that “select Disney dining plans are not accepted”.

Charles Stovall on July 11th, 2013 at 4:19 pm

“The Disney Dining plan is accepted for Candlelight Dinner Packages. Guests will need two Table Service entitlements for each package.”

amy on July 10th, 2013 at 10:09 am

I had trouble with web reservations yesterday but called the dining line and got a lunch reservation right away. We are going to the 5pm show on 11/29. I can’t wait to find out who the narrator is. We saw Trace Adkins last year and he was wonderful.

Tammy on July 10th, 2013 at 10:10 am

I’m wondering about the show time, too. I booked a 3:40 meal, but it didn’t give me a choice on which show I wanted seating for.

Christina on July 10th, 2013 at 11:57 am

When are they going to announce the dates for the Disneyland Resort? Or have they already done that?

Scott on July 11th, 2013 at 5:19 pm

I was wondering the same thing as Tammy. There is no choice for which viewing but with a 4:50 seating at Rose and Crown it almost has to be the late viewing that evening for us. I am just assuming that.

kathy on July 11th, 2013 at 5:35 pm

When will they announce in California?

kathy on July 11th, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Link please

Laura from IL on July 11th, 2013 at 6:23 pm

This was the number one thing on my list for our upcoming holiday trip. I am so excited. We will be eating at the Garden Grill and seeing the show on Christmas Eve. I can not wait for this experience and seeing all these great comments lets me know it will be what I hope for.

Chrissy on July 12th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I received an email for an event in NYC (with Cyndi Lauper) on December 7th which has Whoopi Goldberg in attendance, so I’m not sure I would count on her availability for this event.

I’m also having trouble booking online, I’m unable to select any date for any restaurant to check availability, but I was able to make reservations over the phone. I’d rather do them online because then I could see all my options, has anyone else had this issue?

Sharon on July 12th, 2013 at 9:52 pm

My bucket list is to get my choir to sing in the Candlelight Procession. How do you go about it?

Lillian on July 26th, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Just like Paul^ said on July 10th, how do we know which show we will be attending? We are able to book it online and see what is available, but not which show to attend. Can we please have some feedback about this?

Elaine from PA on July 30th, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I really wish we could have bought a CD of this last year. It would be so wonderful to be able to play it on Christmas Eve every year. I actually think I would play it all year long it is so beautiful.

If you are there during the holidays this is a MUST.

Pamela on July 31st, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I’m not seeing prices mentioned anywhere here. Do these dining packages cost more than the normal menu prices? If so, how much more? Thank You So Much.

Susan on August 12th, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Chrissy…The Cyndi Lauper NYC event is on Dec 8th, not the 7th. Looking forward to seeing Sigourney Weaver! Made the mistake of not booking a package 2 years ago…didn’t know that NPH would be so popular!

Susan on October 16th, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Will this event be available again at Disneyland this year? I hope so! How do I find out?

Alex on November 14th, 2013 at 10:42 am

Every time I try to find reservations it comes back and says “the system could not process your request” for every time/date… ??? Any magical help out there for that?