Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on July 12th, 2013 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

We’ve counted your online votes and now some long-lost Disney friends are ready to return to Magic Kingdom Park for a limited time, beginning on July 15.

Long-Lost Disney Characters Coming to Walt Disney World Resort for ‘Limited Time Magic’ Long-Lost Disney Characters Coming to Walt Disney World Resort for ‘Limited Time Magic’

During Long-Lost Friends week (July 15-21), rarely seen Disney characters will be stepping into the spotlight at Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A. You’ll have the chance to get up-close and personal and enjoy photo opportunities with the friends you selected in our online poll.

So, who got the most votes?

• From “Robin Hood”: Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Sheriff of Nottingham and Prince John
  • From “Chicken Little”: Chicken Little and Abby Mallard
  • From “Song of the South”: Brer Bear and Brer Fox

There will also be more long-lost Disney characters to see, so be sure to visit Magic Kingdom Park July 15-21 to find out who else will be visiting during “Limited Time Magic” at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Let us know which long-lost Disney friends you can’t wait to see.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Philip on July 12th, 2013 at 12:11 pm

You forgot to list Brer Rabbit with Brer Bear and Brer Fox on the “From Song of the South” sentence.

Thomas Smith on July 12th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Thanks Philip. Yes, Brer Rabbit will be returning too.

Diane on July 12th, 2013 at 12:12 pm

That is so awesome Thomas, can’t wait to see Chicken Little and Abby Mallard

Michael on July 12th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I know there was a Dumbo character at one point I’ve seen pictures of him. what about Huey, Dewey, and Louie you see them as Characters on the magical express video , but i’ve never seen them in the park.

Michael on July 12th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

I’d Like to see the Dumbo Character, I’ve seen pictures of him. Also I was thinking Huey, Dewey , and Louie I’ve never seen them in the parks but they are featured on the Magical express video so the costumes do exist.

Katherine on July 12th, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I sure hope the fact that Brer Rabbit is missing is just a typo, since he was with Brer Fox & Bear on the voting poll. Also, I’m curious, do we know if the LTM signature cards will be the same (specifically, will the Robin Hood & friends card look exactly like the one from the other Long Lost Friends Week)? Thanks!! So excited!

George on July 12th, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Thomas, looks to be another solid Limited Time Magic event. Are you at liberty to tease whether this event may be held again at WDW or DL before the end of the year?

Thanks again

Derrick from IN on July 12th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

The voting for the Brers including all three. Brer Bear, Brer Fox AND Brer Rabbit. Hoping that’s an oversight and they will in fact, all three be there!

Thomas Smith on July 12th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

All three will indeed be there. Thanks, Derrick.

Mary Ann from GA on July 12th, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Aren’t the Song of the South characters out over by Big Thunder Mountain pretty regularly?

Michael on July 12th, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Oh my goodness, this is SO cool! Love it!!

Philip on July 12th, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Re: Mary Ann, no they are not.

Kim on July 12th, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Aww, man! We’re not coming to the park until September. I was really hoping this would be later in the year. I have a picture from my first WDW trip with Robin Hood, would have loved to have the same picture for my daughter’s first WDW trip. :( Oh well!

Lucinda from IL on July 12th, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I can’t wait to meet Chicken Little and Abby Mallard. How fun!!!

Kimberly on July 12th, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I’m super excited about this, but I wish Clarice would be there! meeting her and the other chipmunks would make me so happy!

Debra on July 12th, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I can not believe they will be there the week before we get there :( Robin Hood is my all time favorite Disney movie. Guess we don’t have a pixie dust on our side :(

Sarah on July 12th, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Wait a second. Didn’t WDW already have their Long Lost Friends week this year? Does this mean Disneyland in CA is having it again too? I sure hope so since I couldn’t attend the first time. :\ °o°

Mark on July 13th, 2013 at 9:30 am

Alyssa,

Be sure to attend Characterpalooza at DHS. Max regularly appears there. :-)

Mark.

Ashley on July 13th, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I am so excited to meet all our long lost friends! I hope that this will become a regular occurance. Do you know that times we will be able to meet with our friends? I want to make sure I have time to meet everyone.

Andrea on July 14th, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Scrooge McDuck!!!!! I have been to Dinsey 12 times and it would be awesome to finally meet him. WIll all the characters be out everyday I will be in Disney from 7/20-7/24!

Melissa from OH on July 15th, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Are there going to be any long-lost characters at any of the other parks?