Wall-E in 'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

Main Street Style: Pretty in Pink and Pastels at Disney Parks

posted on July 24th, 2013 by Michelle Stepney, PR Content Director

We recently took to the streets of Magic Kingdom Park again in search of style inspiration. Minnie ears and tiaras continue to be important accessories for those dressing to impress while on vacation.
“Main

Polka dots and plaid come together seamlessly in this outfit. The key is a coordinating color palette of fuchsia and turquoise in the plaid shirt, tie-dyed shorts and sequined Minnie ears.
“Main

This is how we imagine Cinderella on vacation. A breezy pale blue sundress, metallic silver sandals and a top knot adorned with a tiara. Princess perfect.
“Main

A rainbow of pastels make this outfit both playful and romantic. The lace and chiffon dress is the perfect compliment to the feminine Minnie ears. And no detail was missed as the sandals feature iridescent stones that mimic the sequins on the ears.

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

7 Comments 1 Reply

Jennie from CA on July 24th, 2013 at 4:11 pm

DisenyBounding as a favorite character is all the rage these days. My husband and I were there Monday as Walt & Minnie. People loved our outfits. My SIL, BIL and niece went as Snow, Evil Q & Doc. We even had people ask to take pics with us. It was a great day at DCA ending in an amazing dinner at Carthay Circle. It’s so fun to walk around the park and pick out outfits. The guests love it when you recognize who they are imitating and the cast members seem to enjoy it too.

Debra on July 24th, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I love DisneyBound outfits- that’s the term for this kind of Disney-inspired look. It’s quite popular at the theme parks – and a fun way to interact with guests and Cast Members. And it allows me to stay in the Disney spirit while remaining comfortably dressed. (Pssst. I like to check out Disney-inspired outfits on Pinterest.)

Sonia on July 24th, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Actually, the only outfit in this post that is a Disneybound is the middle one (Cinderella). They’re all adorable, though!

Megan on July 24th, 2013 at 8:21 pm

As a fan of fashion, one of the things that I enjoy about visiting the Disney parks is people watching and seeing all of the fabulous ensembles that guests put together. I always keep my eyes peeled for fashionistas in the park! I love seeing creative outfits, whether it is an outfit inspired by a Disney character or simply someone who is wearing a cute, fashion forward outfit that has a fun Disney accent piece.

As soon as I have booked my flight, I start planning for the outfits that I want to wear in the park! I know I am not the only one who does this!!

With that being said, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see more “Main Street Style” posts on this blog! Or on any blog. In fact, I wish that there was a blog devoted solely to Main Street Style! mainstreetstyle.com, anyone?

laura on July 25th, 2013 at 11:23 am

i love all of these! but where can i get the minnie or mickey headband ears? because i dont think you can get them on the disney store website

Michelle Stepney on July 29th, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Laura – The hot pink ears (item# 400003678990) are available online. Here’s the link:

The iridescent ears (item# 400005527869) can be found at Disney Parks. The best way to locate them is to contact Disney Parks and Resorts Merchandise Guest Services by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com.

Enjoy!

Michelle Stepney on July 25th, 2013 at 6:16 pm

We love all the enthusiasm for Main Street Style! Thanks for reading. Maybe we’ll spot YOU at a Disney Park one day. :-)

Sarah on August 16th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I love that girls tiara!! it looks like mickey is in it…does anyone know where to get it?