Sailing Ship Columbia at Disneyland Park

New Official Music Albums Releasing at Disney Parks on August 20, 2013

posted on July 30th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

New Official Music Albums Releasing at Disney Parks on August 20, 2013

I love the music of Disney Parks! My first encounter with Disney Parks music was the 33 ½ long playing record featuring the music of EPCOT Center that I got after my first trip in July 1983. I think the music of EPCOT Center is some of the most beautiful theme park music ever recorded (fingers crossed for a complete boxed set one day). My obsession (let’s call it what it is) with Disney Parks music only increased in subsequent years after that first trip. During family visits in the early 1990s, I would place my gigantic video camera next to speakers in the Parks just to record the wonderful sounds.

With all this talk of music from the Parks, I’m happy to announce that the 2013 Official Albums will be coming to Disney Parks on August 20. These two CD sets contain music from Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. They will be released at multiple Disney Parks merchandise locations in California and Florida. You will also be able to find them as digital downloads at the Disney Music Store. Look for Disney Gift Cards for the music store in select merchandise locations.

Here is a track listing for the new albums:

The Disneyland Resort Official Album
Disc 1

1. All Aboard!
  2. Married Life
  3. The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room
  4. Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye
  5. Tarzan Medley
  6. Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life For Me)
  7. Grim Grinning Ghosts

The Walt Disney World Resort Official Album
Disc 1

1. All Aboard!
  2. Flitterin’
  3. The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room
  4. Swisskapolka
  5. Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life For Me)
  6. The Bear Band Serenade
  19. One Little Spark

Disc 2

1. Destiny
  2. Test Track
  3. The Seas with Nemo and Friends Medley
  4. Soarin’
  5. Canada (You’re a Lifetime Journey)
  6. Impressions de France
  7. Golden Dream
  8. Reflections of China Suite
  9. The Three Caballeros
  10. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Theme
  11. The Throne Room
  12. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
  13. Lights, Motor, Action
  14. You’ve Got a Friend in Me
  15. Hot Potato
  16. It’s Tough To Be a Bug
  17. CTX Theme

What is your favorite Disney Parks song? I’d have to choose “The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room.” Sing along with me…

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Jonathan on July 30th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I was wondering if this will be available on iTunes as well?

Philip on July 30th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Looking forward to this. I enjoy listening to Disney park music quite often, especially at work. In fact, I’m listening to it now!

Nils on July 30th, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Will it also be available on iTunes? The Disney Music Store is not available in Germany. :(

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:10 am

@Jonathan and Nils – These albums will be available on iTunes and Amazon.

Mary Ann from GA on July 30th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Mine is definitely “Soarin”

Sean on July 30th, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Hi, Steven! Definitely looking forward to these (and very happy that they will see a digital download release, too.)

Are there any plans to release the soundtrack to World of Color in some form?

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:11 am

@Sean – Unfortunately, I do not know of plans to release a “World of Color” soundtrack at this time.

Anthony on July 30th, 2013 at 2:45 pm

My favorite is definitely “There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow”! I find myself singing along as the carousel moves.

Dallas on July 30th, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Will these be available in the Disney Store? Can’t wait to listen!

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:12 am

@Dallas – The CDs will be released at select Disney Parks locations and as digital downloads at http://disneymusicstore.com/. I was told they would not be carried at Disney Store locations.

Rob from PA on July 30th, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Wow, will miss it by 10 days. Will it be available anywhere but the parks.

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:15 am

@Rob – I hope you have a great trip! The albums will be available as a digital download from http://disneymusicstore.com/. You could also contact our Merchandise Guest Services team who may be able to assist. There are two ways to contact them: by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com.

Oleg from CA on July 30th, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Wow – it’s been SO LONG since a Disneyland Park CD came out. Fantastic! – No parades or shows is a bummer – but Funiculi is a great surprise and the Fantasyland Dark Ride Suite is always a sentimental favorite.

Eric on July 30th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Steve – Thanks for posting this. I am disappointed, however, because I just bought the old CD (from 2008) when I was at Disneyland this past Saturday. While I love it, I wish I had known this in advance :-(

Jennifer on July 30th, 2013 at 2:59 pm

While I am also partial to “The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room,” “Impressions de France” is my favorite!

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:16 am

@Jennifer – I couldn’t agree more! Such a classic Epcot film with an incredible and timeless soundtrack.

john on July 30th, 2013 at 3:03 pm

This is very disappointing, the wdw cd is basically four parks one world with a “few” additions.

Steven on July 30th, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Awesome news, I am so excited for the new Official Albums!

Will we get track details prior to release? I’m curious where “Touch the Sky” and “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo” are from on the Disneyland Resort Official Album.

Kimberly from MA on July 30th, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I was excited when I saw this post, but after reading the track list it seems they just slapped a new cover on the “4 parks 1 world” double CD I have from a few years ago……. With the exception of a few tracks. Needless to say, I’ll be downloading the tracks I don’t have yet!!

Mariah from CA on July 30th, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I’d love to get a soundtrack for World of Color! Any or all variations would be great.

Mark on July 30th, 2013 at 3:10 pm

When is the scrapped 8 disc WDW box set going to be released? It was supposed to be for the 40th. Actually I’d rather have an EPCOT Center set from the heyday of the park, before it lost it’s Center and got lowercased.

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:17 am

@Mark – I was told there are no plans for such a set at this time. Sorry. If there was, I would probably be first in line. :-)

Katherine on July 30th, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Awesome!!! Excited for “There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow,” but I wish there was more music from Animal Kingdom, specifically, the song from Kilamanjaro Safaris!

Rob on July 30th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

A quick question: will the Disneyland Resort cd also be on sale at WDW or only at the Disneyland Resort? I am coming over to WDW in September from The Netherlands really looking forward buying the sets that are available. Also, what will be the price for the WDW set and the Disneyland Resort set?

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:24 am

@Rob – The Disneyland set will only be offered at Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World set will only be offered at Walt Disney World Resort. Both albums will be offered as a digital download at http://www.disneymusicstore.com/. Retail for each set is $24.95.

Kristina from IL on July 30th, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Personally, I would really love to get the soundtrack to the night time electric water parade that takes place on Seven Seas Lagoon. I’ve loved watching that show since I was a kid, and now it’s one of my kids’ favorites too!

Jonathan on July 30th, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Completely agree–I’d love a CD for World of Color! And Disney’s Celebrate America! I’m glad I have the last Disneyland Official CD since “Remember! Dreams Come True” is not returning.

Also, my annual question…will we get a sneak peek of Epcot Food/Wine merchandise soon?? :)

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:26 am

@Jonathan – Considering I was taking photographs yesterday of some new merchandise for the upcoming Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, my answer would be “soon.” Keep watching the Disney Parks Blog for an article. :-)

Nils on July 30th, 2013 at 3:26 pm

And also on amazon?

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 3:28 pm

@Nils – Yes, the albums will be released via Amazon.

Jon on July 30th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

For the Test Track song on the WDW CD Set, new or old version. If it’s the new version, day 1 purchase for me!

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:26 am

@Jon – I’ve asked the Disney Music team and will respond once I hear from them.

Eric from MA on July 30th, 2013 at 3:57 pm

I know that it’s already been asked but I didn’t see it answered yet, will this be available on iTunes? I am very glad to see more Disney Parks music making it’s way to iTunes recently, like the Main Street Electrical Parade, Wishes, and Haunted Mansion CDs!

Also, I will echo others requesting a World of Color CD please!

Kevin on July 30th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

While I’m excited for some of the new tracks, I’m not so thrilled to have so many “repeats” – i.e. “Grim Grinning Ghosts”. I have that song on at least a dozen other Disney CDs. :) Still, the new California Adventure music plus the few from WDW that I don’t have will make welcome additions to my Disney music collection.

Alyxandria on July 30th, 2013 at 4:21 pm

So then, No Soundsational, Magical Fireworks (Disneyland Resort Ver), Mickey and the Magical Map, Halloween Screams (Disneyland Ver again), or World of Color (Normal and Christmas ver) but we get the same as before songs and music that already has a CD out of it since it’s opening.
If this CD set is on iTunes I can only really see myself getting one song, Suitcase and a Dream.

Matthew from CA on July 30th, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Thank you for posting the track listing Steven…just REALLY SAD WDW cd does not have Space Mountain Starry-O-Phonic track composed by Mike Brassell

Lucinda from IL on July 30th, 2013 at 5:03 pm

That’s my birthday! I turn 50 on the 20th. What a great gift idea for myself. :)

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:27 am

@Lucinda – I wish you many happy returns of the day (a little early)!

Brett from IN on July 30th, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Thanks! This is great news with a great track list! I appreciate you adding a few new tracks for those of us who collect these collections, but keeping a lot of classics for those that purchase as a souvenir for their trip.

Echo the call for World of Color Soundtrack too!

Shannon on July 30th, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Are these going to be available on the online Disney store??? I want the physical copies, but am not going to Disney World until late 2015.

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:28 am

@Shannon – The albums will only be carried at select locations in Disney Parks. They will also be offered as digital downloads from http://disneymusicstore.com/. You could also contact our Merchandise Guest Services team who may be able to assist. There are two ways to contact them: by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com.

Kevin on July 30th, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Every time I go to one of the Disney Parks, I’m always on the lookout for new music. It’s my favorite souvenir for a trip. Though I have many of these songs on other CDs, there are a few new tracks here that will make this a MUST BUY on my next stay.

The Bear Band Serenade
The Little Mermaid Medley
Reflections of China Suite
The Three Caballeros

I can’t wait!

Dan on July 30th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I really love it if the album would include the parade, fireworks, and World of Color music on it!

Stephanie on July 30th, 2013 at 6:10 pm

So excited! I was just researching to see if Disneyland had a soundtrack and thinking our WDW soundtrack was a little out dated.

Shawn on July 30th, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I’ll be at Disneyland next week for the D23 Expo and will not be there on August 20. Will we be able to purchase the albums online on Disney Store? And can we pre-order it?

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:30 am

@Shawn – I hope you have a great time at the D23 Expo! I don’t know of a way to pre-order the CDs. I know they will be offered at Disney Parks and as digital downloads from http://disneymusicstore.com/.

Drew on July 30th, 2013 at 6:21 pm

i have a 6 disk collection with a book from the 50th anniversary

Michael from NC on July 30th, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Glad to see the albums are getting refreshed after all these years…

I agree, though, that we really need a box set for WDW. These 2-disc releases are limited in their possible variety because you have to include the standards (Yo Ho, Grim Grinning Ghosts) for the folks who are buying a souvenir album for the first time. And unfortunately we’re still stuck with stuff like “Destiny”.

BUT… there’s a ton of unreleased, beloved, and sought-after WDW audio. A WDW box set (or even park-specific box sets) would sell like hotcakes. Give us some options. I’ve been ready to lay down my cash for a WDW boxset for years now.

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:31 am

@Michael – Thank you for the comment. I have shared your feedback (along with many other comments) with the Media and Disney Music teams.

Christy on July 30th, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Im still waiting for the Celebrate parade song…..

Katie on July 30th, 2013 at 7:49 pm

AHHH YES FINALLY SUITCASE AND A DREAM I CAN’T WAIT TO GET THIS WHEN IT COMES OUT!

david on July 30th, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Hi, Steven! Since I’m your HM Pal, you already know and any Foolish mortal could figure out my “favorite” piece of Disney music! Its the second that might throw you! While I am partial to the Tiki Room, I just LOVE the Splash Mountain Medley! We typically ride SM at least twice per visit. If these sets are going to be online at the Disney store, I might purchase them that way, otherwise I may go through DelivEARS. While Digital downloads are convenient, it’s not the same as having the physical thing if you collect. There are SO many more selections that should be on a cd, especially from WDW, so I do hope someday we get the boxed set. Your HM Pal

Jennie from CA on July 30th, 2013 at 9:40 pm

It’ll be great to have Grim Grinning Ghosts before Halloween. I echo the desire to have WoC music. That is just a beautiful show.

Scott from FL on July 30th, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Where is all the great music from France? been waiting on a CD or collection from them for years?

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 10:32 am

@Scott – I hear you! That’s something I would love too. Unfortunately, I don’t know of plans for any such soundtrack. I could spend hours, however, watching that 18-minute spectacular in France Pavilion.

Stefani on July 31st, 2013 at 12:56 am

I think there should be a Dapper Dans CD sold at the parks. They are, after all, the finest barbershop quartet in a 2 block radius!

Charles on July 31st, 2013 at 1:17 am

I was beginning to wonder why this series of park/resort CD collections took a rather long hiatus after the 50th Anniversary CD from Disneyland!!! Glad to see them making a comeback and releasing all the new materials!!

Sam on July 31st, 2013 at 7:37 am

How are those of us that don’t live in the USA meant to get copy of these CDs?

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 3:31 pm

@Sam – These albums will also be released via iTunes and Amazon. You could also contact our Merchandise Guest Services team by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com.

Mary from MN on July 31st, 2013 at 8:34 am

Stephen – Right there with you! LOVE LOVE LOVE Parks music.

Now…if Disney would collect all their Park Christmas Music and sell it, I would seriously be in heaven.

I’ve even asked Cast Members before where I can get the music and they don’t know. So I assume it’s one of these never-before-thought-of things that has been overlooked.

Peter from NY on July 31st, 2013 at 10:40 am

This is a cool update, we have the “Four Parks, One World” 2-CD set from about 5 years ago, looks like about 1/2 the set has changed now, so might be worth a re-set.

Actually, I am amongst those that wishes Disney would release MORE of the park music, particularly ambient soundtracks. My wife and I LOVE the Carthay Circle Sessions set. But what we REALLY WANT, is the soundtrack that is played when you are walking around Camp MinnieMickey in Animal Kingdom. It’s kind of a folksy/acoustic version of many famous Disney songs.

Any chance we’ll ever hear that set before Camp MinnieMickey is gone forever?

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 3:38 pm

@Peter – I’ve not heard plans for any such release. I wish I had better news.

Jennifer from MA on July 31st, 2013 at 11:20 am

Do we know for sure that we aren’t going to be able to get these on iTunes?

Steven Miller on July 31st, 2013 at 3:39 pm

@Jennifer – Yes, these albums will also be offered via iTunes.

Ryan on July 31st, 2013 at 11:54 am

Any chance you know what the “Select Locations” are throughout the World in Florida? I will be down there on the 20th and would love to get it right away!

Tyler from WA on July 31st, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Thanks Steven,

I can’t tell you how excited I am at a new Disneyland album, but I can’t help but voice my confusion as to why none of the parade, stage show, or fireworks themes have made it on to one of these since the 50th. I’m sure I’m not alone in wishing that Magical, Halloween Screams, Soundsational, Pixar Play Parade, World of Color, Mickey and the Magical Map, Aladdin, etc would be included on these, or for that matter, perhaps there could be accompaniment albums for Halloween Time featuring Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, HM Holiday, the halloween fireworks and halloween parade. Same for Christmas. I’s buy them in a heartbeat

Tyler from WA on July 31st, 2013 at 12:16 pm

@Mary, I found a “playlist” online of the main street holiday loop with links to the songs that are available digitally

Rama from CA on July 31st, 2013 at 1:08 pm

As many others posted, I am disappointed to see most of the DLR CD set is just a repeat of the one I already had that I bought several years ago. I guess I’ll have to look into just downloading the individual tracks that I don’t already have on my CD set.

Also, chiming in with the many other voices, I would love a CD of the music from the parades, fireworks, Fantasmic, and World of Color shows.