Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

runDisney Announces the Tinker Bell 10K at the Disneyland Resort

posted on July 2nd, 2013 by Faron Kelley, Director, Marketing & Communications, Disney Sports

I love reading our runDisney Facebook page. It is the perfect location for people who are passionate about running and Disney to gather and share stories of triumph and words of encouragement. But I especially love it when I see a post from a new runner who is gearing up for their first runDisney event, and I watch our community of runners lift them up. You see, here at runDisney we love what we do, but if you ask us what we are most proud of, I think many on the team would say the same thing: introducing running to thousands of new people every year.

So in order to keep bringing in more runners, we need to keep adding new races, which is why I am very pleased to announce the addition of the Tinker Bell 10K to the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend at the Disneyland Resort. The 10K is a fantastic distance for the novice runner who has conquered the 5K, but is not quite ready for the additional 10 miles of a half marathon. By adding this event to our already popular Tinker Bell race weekend, even more runners will have the chance to run through our Disney Parks, experience delightful Disney on-course entertainment, and earn a coveted runDisney finishers medal (because for many, “it’s all about the bling”).

I hope you will join us in January of 2014 for the Inaugural Tinker Bell 10K as a part of the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend at the Disneyland Resort. But remember to sign up quick! Registrations are gonna fly faster than Tink herself.

Read on for more runDisney updates:

Filed: Disneyland Resort

Cortney on July 2nd, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Hi runDisney

First: very excited that you guys added a 10k race to Tink for 2014 (I was hoping that we’d get one too!)

Second: the question of a “Pixie Dust” challenge is exploding all over FB? Will there be a challenge announced for this race (with medal, similar to the Glass Slipper & Dumbo Double Dare) or will it be an individual-by-individual sort of challenge without being an official runDisney sort of thing?

Thanks!!

Liliana on July 2nd, 2013 at 4:29 pm

So sad to see that RunDisney is not doing the Stroller Division in the 5K during the Princess half marathon weekend at Disney World. I’ve participated the last two years and loved it. Removing the stroller division means I can’t participate this year.

Lacy on July 2nd, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Very excited to see this announcement. I think it is great that runDisney continues to add more events. Also interested to hear if there will be an official “Pixie Dust” challenge.

Jennie from CA on July 2nd, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Waaah, so many races. I’m doing Dopey and staying in FL for a week on the Fantasy so I won’t be back in time to do Tink too. I hope if they do a Pixie Dust Challenge for all of the Tink racers and I really hope they keep it going so I can pick it up in 2015. I’m going to need to find another wall in my Mickey Mouse craft room. It’s already got 25 Disney medals on 1 wall & 2 doors & I have DDD & Dopey coming. Disney races are the BEST!

Laura on July 2nd, 2013 at 10:41 pm

RunDisney inspired me to start running this year. I look forward to when I will be able to do my first official Disney race!! Originally planned on doing the princess run in 2014, but I decided my first half should be closer to home. So, maybe food and wine in 2014 or bring on 2015!!

Jindy from CA on July 9th, 2013 at 4:12 pm

I registered for the 10K and the half. Tink is my favorite of the runDisney races (so far!) due to the great course direction and the even greater weather! All of us here in California really appreciate the addition of the 10K. Thank you!! :)

Kristin on July 10th, 2013 at 12:42 am

I loved running Tinkerbell Half Marathon! Can’t wait to run the new 10k too!