Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Attraction Poster

Sofia the First Has Arrived at Disney Parks

posted on July 2nd, 2013 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Since debuting on Disney Junior earlier this year, “Sofia the First” has become the #1 cable TV series among kids ages 2-5. Now Sofia, Disney’s first little girl princess, has finally arrived at Disney Parks.

Sofia the First Has Arrived at Disney Parks

Sofia is currently appearing daily at Disney California Adventure park, meeting new friends in Hollywood Land near “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!” which was recently updated to feature “Sofia the First” and “Doc McStuffins.”

Starting later this summer, Sofia will also be making appearances outside the new “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. There, you’ll find a beautiful immersive backdrop inspired by the storybook world of Enchancia, where you can meet and snap photos with the lovely Sofia.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Issac on July 2nd, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Why not a face character like the other princesses?

Dinah on July 2nd, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Yay!! My niece loves Sofia the First. She also loves Doc McStuffins, Does Doc do a meet and greet too?

Shawn Slater on July 2nd, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Dinah – Doc keeps pretty busy helping her toys get over their “ouchies,” but your niece can still see her in the new Disney Junior – Live on Stage! show at the park.

Dinah on July 2nd, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Thanks, Shawn! I promised a trip to DL for her 6th b-day, and I’m sure she’ll love to meet Sofia, and watch the show. :)

Jaime on July 2nd, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Hey Issac. I was sort of thining the same thing but I think it is to keep the consistancy of the Disney Junior characters. none have been face characters. I think she looks pretty cute.

Lesley on July 2nd, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I don’t think they could do a face character because technically she is a little girl. It could be kind of hard to get someone to look so young. Either way, I am super excited and I know my daughter will be too!

Nicole on July 2nd, 2013 at 5:56 pm

So…I am in there in August…might we meet her then? Also, will she make her way into the Hollywood & Vine breakfast! I would love to see her there, maybe even doc!

Amanda on July 2nd, 2013 at 6:24 pm

So excited! My daughter loves Sofia and can’t wait to meet her for her birthday trip in October. She does love Doc too so I’m glad that Doc is in the Disney Junior show :)

Shawn Slater on July 3rd, 2013 at 7:21 am

Happy birthday to her!

Laura from IL on July 2nd, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Any word on if she will start visiting at Hollywood and Vine any time soon? Maybe before December when I visit??

Shawn Slater on July 3rd, 2013 at 7:20 am

Nicole & Laura – At this time, there are no plans to adjust the lineup of Disney Junior friends at Play ‘n Dine at Hollywood & Vine.

Dustin on July 3rd, 2013 at 7:21 pm

@Lesley #5, good point. Was thinking of why she was a costumed character when she’s a person, your explanation makes sense.

Debbie on July 3rd, 2013 at 11:42 pm

27 days and happily counting until we leave for WDW on our annual trip. While many are happy about Sofia’s arrival, I’m worried having 2 boys. Any word who she will replace? Why am I thinking Poor Handy Manny might be the next male role model to go?

Marisol on July 5th, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Hi! Going to Disney World in 14 days (exactly!). Any chance we’ll be able to see Sofia then? My daughter is a big fan. Thanks!

Shawn Slater on July 6th, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Marisol – That might be a bit too soon, but at least your daughter can see Sofia the First in the Disney Junior – Live on Stage! show.

Toni on July 6th, 2013 at 12:09 am

Our next visit is Oct 2014, will she be a permanent character to meet outside? My daughter LOVES Sofia we are really hoping to see her in the show as well as meet her and get a picture. I think that alone would make her trip! :)

Shawn Slater on July 6th, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Toni – While entertainment is always subject to change, Sofia will most likely still be visiting the parks next year during your visit.

Geri-Anne from CO on July 8th, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Will Sofia the First be appearing between 19-22 July at all? We saw a post on Facebook that she will be starting 19 July.

Gloria on July 8th, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I was literally JUST at California Adventure 4 weeks ago……I SO wish Sofia had been there! My little 5 year old princess loves Sofia!! She dressed up as a princess every day and took pictures with all of the Disney Princesses. Wish we could’ve met Sofia. :(

Tenikka on July 9th, 2013 at 7:34 pm

This is great that she is at the parks now but what about Doc McStuffins? She has been on Disney Junior much longer. :(

Maryn on July 23rd, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I’ve heard Sofia will be starting meet n greets on August 11th. Any chance this is true?

Mark from SC on August 1st, 2013 at 7:48 am

Hello, we are traveling there next weekend. Any word on when sofia merchandise will be available in the parks? The availability was extremely limited in June.

Rhonda on August 12th, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Hi we are coming to Orlando in January my daughter loves sofia will she be there ….. what about disney lunches with her

thanks

Dhalia on September 30th, 2013 at 8:56 am

Hello, do you have the time window of when Sofia will be appearing outside “Disney Junior Live on Stage”.. if we show up at 3pm would she still be available?

Justin on October 16th, 2013 at 10:40 am

We are headed to WDW in Nov. Is sophia doing meet and greets? And if so where?

Maria on October 17th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

We heading to DisneyWorld in Orland during the week of Thanksgiving..where can we find Sofia the 1st?

Kristi on November 11th, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Is Sofia at Disnelyand in LA?