Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

17 Favorite ‘Limited Time Magic’ Experiences at Disney Parks

posted on August 5th, 2013 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

Believe it or not, we’re past the halfway point of our year of magical surprises at Disney Parks. And since January, “Limited Time Magic” has included a series of unexpected opportunities with an extra sprinkle of pixie dust at Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort.

We’ve collected some of the most popular “Limited Time Magic” experiences so far and wanted to share them with Disney Parks Blog readers.

You better believe we’ll be rolling out more new experiences to finish out the year. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog on Fridays to learn what’s happening. Also, check out some of our favorite “Limited Time Magic” images in a new gallery on our Disney Parks Blog Facebook page.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Eric from MA on August 5th, 2013 at 10:55 am

As much as I love seeing what Long Lost Friends come back, if you had to pick one Limited Time stunt, the return of the Golden Horseshoe Revue was more than just promotion, it was a public service to the parks. :)
Almost felt like it was being test-marketed to see if a short-form show -could- play the Disneyland theater again, and if so, I heartily agree. Haven’t been in the WDW Diamond Horseshoe since they lost their show, so don’t know if it could ever come back there (I remember having to get reservations before noon), but it’d be fun to find out.

Cheryl on August 5th, 2013 at 10:56 am

Can’t wait for the September 13th Villians Event!!! We will be celebrating our 5th year wedding anniversary at Hollywood Studios in style!!!

Corrina on August 5th, 2013 at 11:07 am

I will also be at Hollywood Studios on the 13th but I will be celebrating my birthday! Cannot wait to dance until the 13th hour with all the Disney Villains :-)

Edward from MI on August 5th, 2013 at 11:33 am

We’re excited for the 9/13 Villains event as well – when will more details be available?

chrystal from MA on August 5th, 2013 at 11:57 am

Any news yet on “talk like a pirate day” ???

Ron on August 5th, 2013 at 11:59 am

I truly enjoyed the Golden Horseshoe Revue. It was so wonderful to relive the essence of the original show. I hope that it comes back!

cliff on August 5th, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Yes, please bring back the Golden Horseshoe Review to stay…or at least bring it back for a longer run than last time :-)

Sasha on August 5th, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Any idea of what might be offered the week of Halloween?

Leigh on August 5th, 2013 at 4:46 pm

When I walked into the Long Lost Friends event and saw the Flora, Fauna and Merriweather I was so excited. However, the Golden Horseshoe Review actually brought tears to my eyes. The dinner was the best (the ‘anniversary’ cake yummy ), but it was the entire experience. Brought back a flood of memories from my childhood. My father used to take my brothers, sister and I to the Park all the time. His favorite attraction – The Golden Horseshoe. The recreation of the show (sure do miss Wally Boag) and the Fritos (original sponsor I do believe) and the show, complete with Mirror….well I felt like I was 10 again with Dad being right there by my side. Thank you Disneyland!

Leigh on August 5th, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Oh and the Monster U 24 Hour Kick-Off Event at The Disney Resort – what a fabulous way to celebrate my 60th Birthday. Stood in front of Small World and watched the clock strike Midnight – and celebrated the first day of my 60th year – complete with a birthday button!

Kristin on August 5th, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Oh this is FABULOUS!!! I’m proud to say that I’ve been able to attend several of these Limited Time Magic events and loved them all!! Can’t wait for more to come!!!

Mark on August 5th, 2013 at 10:22 pm

So, no “may the 4th be with you”? Cause seriously that was your best limited time magic offering thus far.

Eddie on August 6th, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I hope when we return next August that there will be special events where my kids can meet some of the long lost friends. Can’t wait to see what Disney has in store for us in 2014.