Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Harbour Galley Streamlines Menu, Adds New Tastes at Disneyland Park

posted on August 27th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

We’re fans of Harbour Galley on the waterfront in Critter Country in Disneyland park — it’s where we head for the generous stuffed potatoes and unusual quick-service bites (not a burger in sight).

Lobster Roll at Harbour Galley in Disneyland Park Shrimp Cobb Salad at Harbour Galley in Disneyland Park Barbecued Chicken Potato at Harbour Galley in Disneyland Park

Now there are new creations to try, like a classic lobster roll and a shrimp Cobb salad that joins the steak salad in the greens line-up. Broccoli and cheddar cheese soup stays, as well as the satisfying clam chowder, and both are served in freshly made Boudin Bakery bread bowls.

The baked potatoes get a little makeover: the broccoli-cheese spud goes away, replaced by one topped with shrimp salad. And the barbecued chicken potato gets a dollop of creamy cole slaw – a perfect foil to the sweet barbecue sauce. No changes to the popular bacon-cheese-sour cream version.

With two soups, two salads, the lobster roll and three versions of baked potatoes, plus fresh fruit for dessert, Harbour Galley’s menu makes it easy to choose a favorite. and there’s a little something for everyone (plus a Kids’ Power Pack with yogurt, fruit, veggies, crackers and milk or water).

For more Disneyland Resort dining posts, see below:

Filed: Disney Dining, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Oleg from CA on August 27th, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I have had the lobster roll and love it. Isn’t Harbour Galley really in Frontierland (on the park map) – bordering Critter Country?

Hastin on August 27th, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Is this the same Lobster Roll at Columbia Harbor House at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World? That was a highlight of my quick-serve meals on my last trip, and having it in my backyard at Disneyland would be excellent!

Monica on August 27th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Will the chili still be offered there? It makes no mention of it :(

Kat on August 27th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Wait – wasn’t this the place to grab vegetarian chili? Is the vegetarian option still available? It is already extraordinarily difficult to find vegetarian and vegan options in the parks – I hope that they are keeping the chili around!

Patricia on August 27th, 2013 at 2:47 pm

OMG! I should NOT have come to this page right now because those photos look TOO DELICIOUS and I have not had my lunch yet. I just don’t know how they can keep coming up with so many new things that look so delicious. I am DEFINITELY going to have to go up to Critter Country and check these offerings out. Better skip breakfast that morning so I have room!

Mariah from CA on August 27th, 2013 at 3:06 pm

The cobb salad looks great, but can the shrimp be substituted? I have a lot of allergies/sensitivities and shellfish is a huge one. I know I’m usually able to get accommodations, but it’s a lot easier knowing in advance. Probably why I typically stick with the places I know when in the parks.

Peter on August 27th, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Really sorry to see that the broccoli & cheese potato is gone, as I don’t like to see vegetarian options diminished. Now all the baked potatoes have meat or seafood.

Jessica from CA on August 27th, 2013 at 4:38 pm

It’s extremely disappointing to see you guys taking the one vegetarian potato off the menu. Is it that hard to keep broccoli on-hand?

Disneyland has made some good strides toward meeting the needs of vegetarian guests, it’s really unfortunate to see this backslide. Couldn’t there be a new, updated veggie flavor instead of several new meat/seafood options?

This was our favorite inexpensive dinner in the park, it’s a shame to see one of the few quick-service vegetarian meals disappear. I hope you’ll reconsider.

toni on August 27th, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Hope the lobster roll is available when they open. Last time I tried to order it when they opened and they said it isn’t available until later in the day.

Rebekah from CA on August 27th, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Oh my gosh! Please please please bring back the vegetarian chili! I eat it literally every time I visit Disneyland – sometimes twice in one trip! In recent years I have been very pleased with the addition of healthy options – please don’t take a huge step backwards with this one!

Saman on August 28th, 2013 at 12:16 am

Oh nooo not my beloved broccoli cheese potato! Can we order it anywhere else on property? Its the one thing as a vegetarian id always get.

Kristi on August 28th, 2013 at 10:28 am

I agree with others, not cool taking away the broccoli cheese potato and chili! I’m all for adding new options to try, but why get rid of our favorites!?

Margo on August 28th, 2013 at 10:30 am

Please don’t take away the broccoli cheese baked potato!! That is the one I always would get and eat!!

Aja on August 28th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

So sad to see another vegetarian option go! I really wish there were more options for non-meat eaters at the Disney parks. I love Disneyland to death but it’s so hard to eat there.

Patricia on August 28th, 2013 at 5:29 pm

I’m not a vegetarian and it didn’t occur to me that people who don’t eat meat might really get upset over seeing this long time favorite item disappear. I’ve had it before, too, and it was great. They are right that there should be a veggie option. My son won’t eat any seafood, so the lobster roll and the shrimp potato are out for him. He would like the brocolli cheese potato though. People are right…don’t take away this favorite item while adding the new ones. Let’s have both!

Deborah from CA on August 29th, 2013 at 12:59 am

I describe myself as a pescatarian (mostly vegetarian,but I will eat fish). I’m sad that there is one less veggie option at the park.I hope this isn’t the beginning of a trend

Amanda on August 30th, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I’m somewhat upset with the fact that the broccoli and cheese potato is gone. I really enjoyed it and thought it was a great item on the menu. No disrespect, but I’m pretty sad that it is gone. It had been my main to go food item for Fantasmic! or just when hanging around the Rivers of America. Plus it is at times hard to find vegetarian food for me at the parks.

Erik on September 2nd, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I’ll be there Saturday/Sunday. I’ll definitely try that lobster roll!