Paradise Pier at Disney California Adventure Park

Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Returns November 12 Through January 6

posted on August 6th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Cars Land Gets Gussied Up for the Holidays at Disney California Adventure Park

Here comes Santa Claus, right down Main Street, U.S.A.! Holidays at the Disneyland Resort will be bringing the merry once again, from November 12, 2013, through January 6, 2014. There’s so much to look forward to during this special season – you don’t want to miss:

• The all-new “World of Color – Winter Dreams
  • Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree, where you can meet Santa Claus and enjoy games, music and crafts
  • Buena Vista Street and Cars Land and “a bug’s land” decked out with holiday ornaments and décor
  • Wintertime nighttime funtime at Mad T Party
  • “Phineas and Ferb’s Rockin’ Rollin’ Dance Party: Holiday Edition”
  • The return of Three Kings Day celebration

And of course Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle, “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks show, “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, “it’s a small world” holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday.

So start making your holiday plans now, because the Happiest Place on Earth is about to get merrier!

Filed: Disneyland Resort

Lori from CA on August 6th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Bringing my mom here just after Thanksgiving. Already have the hotel and tickets. My mom loves the decorations and as she isn’t getting any younger we wanted to do a big family trip this year. Now for the long wait until we leave.

Crystal on August 6th, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Will there be the Candlelight Processional this year?

Tricia from NJ on August 6th, 2013 at 1:57 pm

We’re visiting WDW for the holidays this year but I just LOVE seeing the Disneyland decorations too. Hopefully someday I’ll get to see them in person. LOVE the Cars Land decor!

Jennie from CA on August 6th, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I LOVE Christmas at Disney. There’s just no better place to be. I’m partial to our Small World at DL, but at Christmas it is AMAZING!!!’ Can’t wait for my favorite place during my favorite holiday and getting out all of my hundreds of Disney ornaments for my 3 Disney trees. Yes, I’m just a little bit passionate about Disney.

Christopher on August 6th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

So if the holidays last until January 6th, by what date would you imagine that Haunted Mansion and “it’s a small world” would be back to normal? I think both are great attractions but we’re planning a vacation in mid-February and are hoping to experience the original versions of each.

Erin Glover on August 8th, 2013 at 10:53 am

Hi Christopher – Haunted Mansion Holiday will close on January 6, at the end of the holiday season here at Disneyland Resort. “it’s a small world” Holiday will remain open after that but unfortunately I do not have that closing date yet.

Ryan on August 6th, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Love the Disneyland Resort during the holidays. I’m not afraid to admit that I get a little emotional during the fireworks, especially during “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” segment as my family lives far away.

Margaret from CA on August 6th, 2013 at 3:22 pm

This sounds wonderful! I haven’t been down to enjoy Christmas at Disneyland in a couple of years- will there be an extra admission fee like there is for Halloween for any or all of the activities described above? We like to be able to plan. We’re loving that it starts so early!

Erin Glover on August 8th, 2013 at 10:54 am

Hi Margaret – Nope! All of these holiday experiences are included with your regular park admission. No special ticket is required.

Evelyn on August 6th, 2013 at 3:39 pm

super excited! thank you for the great news! I too, am wondering about the candlelight processional and how guest can view it. Also will there be extra admission fees to take part in the Christmas happenings in the park? :)

Erin Glover on August 8th, 2013 at 10:54 am

No special ticket needed! All of the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort experiences are included in regular park admission.

Sarah on August 6th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Does this mean the WoC will be back to the standard show during Tink weekend? and that Haunted Mansion will be closed that weekend also? Not sure if I can squeeze a visit during the holiday season (and I’m an AP holder, so it’s a matter of time)

Erin Glover on August 8th, 2013 at 10:55 am

Yes – “World of Color – Winter Dreams” will end on January 6.

Christopher from CA on August 6th, 2013 at 7:37 pm

What about Candlelight Procession? Are there still going to be 30 days worth or are we back to just the one weekend?

Hillary on August 6th, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I hope the carolers will return to Buena Vista Street this year. They were a highlight of last year’s celebrations.

Erin Glover on August 8th, 2013 at 10:56 am

They will be there, Hillary!

Ellie on August 6th, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Will the bell ringers be back? I loved hearing them sing and ring last year!

Erin Glover on August 8th, 2013 at 10:56 am

The bell ringers will be returning to Buena Vista Street this year, Ellie!

Brittney from AL on August 7th, 2013 at 7:56 am

Christmas in CarsLand?! Just adorable! I think I need a trip to the West Coast from Santa!

Sherry from CA on August 7th, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I’m going to jump in and answer a few things because (I am guessing) Erin probably hasn’t had time to come back and tackle questions.

Haunted Mansion Holiday closes immediately after the season officially ends and undergoes its removal of the seasonal overlay. I would have to assume that it will reopen in its original form before February unless it is scheduled for maintenance.

It’s a Small World Holiday tends to stay open (even after the season is over) until mid-to-late January, and then it, too, closes for the removal of the overlay. I don’t know when in February it reopens.

About the Candelight Ceremony — I’ve heard that it is returning to 2 nights this year, down from 20 nights (40 performances) last year. I don’t know if that will or can change, but that is the information that has been swirling around the Disneyland discussion forums for a few months.

So far there is no word of a separate Christmas party and I am guessing that the Disney Parks Blog or Disneyland News would let us know right around now if there were going to be. I have a feeling we will get one in the next year or two, but maybe not yet.

I’m sure the Bell Ringers will be back on Buena Vista Sreet! They were wonderful to watch last year!

Erin Glover on August 8th, 2013 at 10:57 am

Thanks, Sherry! Yes, I fell behind a bit this week – sorry! :)

John on August 7th, 2013 at 12:53 pm

AWESOME! Does this mean that there will not be a charge to experience the fireworks and parade during Christmas?!? That would be amazing as it’s become a family tradition for the past 4 years!

THANKS!

Keola

Erin Glover on August 8th, 2013 at 10:58 am

That is correct! “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks show and “A Christmas Fantasy” parade are included with regular park admission.

ROILA on August 8th, 2013 at 12:50 am

I can’t wait! I’ve spent my last three December birthdays at DL, and my heart soars every time I walk through the gates.I love the lights, the decorations,the music,the fireworks,but especially the snow,and Candlelight! I’m also excited to see the WOC holiday show!

kathy on August 8th, 2013 at 11:43 am

Info and a link to seats for the AP-California Candlelight Processional please.

John on August 8th, 2013 at 3:08 pm

This is the best post I’ve read all year! Thank you so much for confirming the winter festivities. I can not wait for our trip in November!

Cathy on August 9th, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Erin – any chance you will be going back to your Halloween Time post? I was hoping to get clarification about what we could see and what we would miss if we couldn’t go on party days – I left a rather long post there, hoping you check back periodically. I’ve gotten conflicting information from another site, for example, about whether on not Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy is only during the party or also during the day on non-party days (and also wondering about the parades and fireworks on non-party days).

Thanks for any help you can give.

Erin Glover on August 15th, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Sorry, Cathy. I’d recommend checking out this page for all the details on what is available with regular park admission during Halloween Time and what requires a special Mickey’s Halloween Party ticket.

Nick on August 10th, 2013 at 3:36 am

Is World of Color Winter dreams going to be a completely new show? Or is it just going to add Christmas scenes? I’m taking my mom this December and I’d really love her to see the original show since she hasn’t seen it yet.

Erin Glover on August 15th, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Nick, “World of Color – Winter Dreams” is a completely new show. Don’t miss it!

Lisa on August 10th, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Sooooo excited to come to Disneyland for the holidays and to celebrate my birthday. We love the directions and the magical way you feel while visiting. It’s only August but we are already planning for December! Hurry up Santa Mickey!!

Linda from CA on August 19th, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I have seen articles indicating that holiday festivities begin on November 15th. Which is correct? 12th or 15th?

Melissa on August 23rd, 2013 at 3:35 pm

We are surpprising our boys for Christmas a rip to Disnyland in Cal, just wondering what is the best chariter breakfast to do on Christmas morning with them? They are ages 7 & 11.

deepak on August 24th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

hi, we are planning for our first-time visit to Disney :) So, starting Nov 12th, will we be able to enjoy all the Chrismas events? Fireworks, parades, sleeping beauty castle decorations, snow fall etc…

Can you please confirm? And, do we know what the park timing on Nov 12th, 13th, 14th will be?

deepak on August 24th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Basically, my question is, if we visit on Nov 12th, 13th, 14th, will we be missing any of the Chrismas events that we may otherwise be able to enjoy if we travelled during last week of December?

Amy from KY on September 1st, 2013 at 4:01 pm

We’ve never visited Disneyland, but will be there November 13th-16th this year! Will all of the holiday merchandise be available at that time? We were at WDW last year on Christmas day and missed all of the good merch because it was sold out!

Georgia on September 17th, 2013 at 12:52 am

Hi there!
I know these questions have already been asked but there hasn’t been a response so I just thought I would ask as well to send some sort of “notification” or something. Sorry for being repetitive! :)
Anyways I am trying to plan a trip to Disneyland hopefully during all of this holiday fun but I was just wondering,
Will all of the holiday experiences be starting on November 12? I know that there is Thanksgiving at the end of November so I was thinking that maybe all of the Christmas/holiday décor (winter themed etc.) won’t be up until after the Thanksgiving holiday? Or will the entire holiday experience start on November 12?
Thanks for your help! :)

Cindy on September 28th, 2013 at 12:31 am

Ok may be a silly question but when it says through January 6th that means all day of the 6th is included and they come down after the parks close that night? Or it’s to the 6th and then come down Sunday night on the 5th? Sorry don’t want to get hopes up and be there like 1 day late.

Thanks!

Heather on September 30th, 2013 at 1:23 am

Looking at the calendar is it showing Holiday Fireworks starting November 4th. Is this correct?? :) I hope so…we will be at DLR Nov 2 – 9 and just miss Halloween Time and Holiday Time. Would love to see some of the Holiday stuff while we are there :) Holiday rock at the DLR :)

Jaya from NJ on October 2nd, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Would the park have any Christmas decorations early November? I am guessing the park may be getting decorated in phases and there might be more holiday decor to view and more holiday-like ambience and atmosphere around Thanksgiving and after rather than early November. Having said that, I was just wondering if there would be any decorations during the Veteran’s day weekend? We are planning to be at Disneyland during that time :-)

Would appreciate your response. Thanks!

David on October 11th, 2013 at 12:11 am

I will be going to Disneyland Dec 19th-21st. Every since I was a child I have wanted to go to Disneyland during the Holiday season. This trip has the added bonus of it being my girlfriend’s first time to Disneyland! I can’t wait for her to experience the Magic of Disney!

Kristen on October 14th, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I saw on the calendar that there will be holiday parades and activities the weekend of Nov. 9, but this post says decorations don’t go up until the 12th. Is that correct? I am a bit sad about that because last year decorations were up on Veteran’s Weekend and we will miss them this year.

Julie on October 14th, 2013 at 6:45 pm

They usually start putting up the decorations before the 12th. That is the day they are all complete and the Christmas parade and other festivities start. We’ve had our family Christmas pictures every year the first week of November with Christmas decorations up. I’ve found that they start going up around the 6-7th.

Dawn on October 24th, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Will ALL of the Christmas decorations be completely up by Nov. 13th including the Disney hotels?

Kathryn on October 24th, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Erin- Are there going to be tree lighting ceremonies this year? Is the Candlelight Processional happening this year?

Kelli from CA on November 8th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

We were lucky enough to see the Candlelight Processional last year, with Dick Van Dyke as our speaker! What are the dates for this year’s Candlelight Processional? Will it be just one performance or more like last year?

Yvette on November 17th, 2013 at 3:38 pm

The candlelight processional will take place December 7th and 8th this year.

Yvette on November 17th, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Does anyone know when they are shooting the Disneyland Christmas parade?, I don’t want to go on a day when there will be tons of people.

Daymora on November 30th, 2013 at 5:34 pm

What times are the Candlelight Processional performances? And who are the guest speakers this year?

Brandy on December 2nd, 2013 at 7:19 am

Candlelight Processional??? What are the times & who are the speakers?
I’ve heard rumors but would love confirmation.

Also- is there a way to get seats for it. I hate camping out for a good spot & the ground gets too cold to sit on for my old bones :) So an actual seat would be great.
When are they gong to start offering dinner packages like WDW?