Grizzly River Run

Vote Now to Decide Which Long-Lost Disney Friends Will Return to Disneyland Park for ‘Limited Time Magic’

posted on August 2nd, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Back in April, Disneyland park guests got the chance to visit with some long-lost Disney friends as part of “Limited Time Magic.” I’m excited to tell you that this popular opportunity will return to Disneyland park very soon – but for now, it’s your chance to decide which Disney characters you would like to meet this time around.

From now until August 85, cast your vote in the poll below, and keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for the results and to find out when some of your favorite long-lost Disney friends will be visiting Disneyland park for more “Limited Time Magic”!

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

56 Comments 1 Reply

Kevin on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Hercules and Meg, Ping, Clarice, Flora, Fauna, Merryweather, John Smith! So many more characters than we had over at WDW!

Katherine on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:14 pm

So jealous of DLR right now!!!!!! Hercules and Meg?! And Merlin?! Aww man! Would have loved these options for the WDW Long Lost Friends Week!

Brittney from AL on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Tarzan got my vote :)

Drew from CA on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Still no Darkwing Duck, Launchpad McQuack, Huey, Dewey and Louie?

Christine on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:23 pm

There’s just so many characters to choose from!! I’d love to see Meg & Herc, Ping & Mushu. Oh wow great selection! I hope it’s this month. I’ll be leaving Los Angeles for school in Sept and would really love to go to this!

Katie from NY on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Kinda don’t think Snow White, Stitch or Peter Pan should be on this list. Those characters are everywhere! I mean I’m a WDW vet visiting Disneyland for the first time next month so I may be wrong, but at WDW those three are always showcased in shows, parades and character meals. My votes went to Merlin and the Pinocchio characters! :)

Tracy on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I voted for Flik and Atta. My beloved favorites! Somehow I got to have them both appear in WDW again.

Andrew on August 2nd, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Can Dr. Facilier bring some of his friends from the other side?

Shantal on August 2nd, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Meg & Herc please!! <3

Gregory on August 2nd, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Surely, the White Rabbit hasn’t been kicked out of the Wonderland Group!

Laurie from BC on August 2nd, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Too bad Launchpad and Roger Rabbit aren’t on the list of options. So I have to go with Hercules and Meg then.

Kristin from FL on August 2nd, 2013 at 2:27 pm

I’m so excited for this event! Long Lost Friends in April was one of the best trips I have ever taken to Disneyland and I do not intend to miss this! My vote goes to Merlin. I would love to see Meg and Herc together again. And secretly, The Little Einsteins all together at Disneyland would be cool too!

Round 4 Long Lost Friends looks to be the best yet!!

Jason on August 2nd, 2013 at 2:57 pm

When are they returning? Oh and GO HERC AND MEG! :D

Jaime on August 2nd, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Tarzan and Hercules!

Daniel on August 2nd, 2013 at 3:25 pm

When is the next Long-Lost Friends? I was there in April, and was so fortunate to see some old time friends return to Disneyland.
Keep us posted.

Erin Glover on August 2nd, 2013 at 5:40 pm

We’ll post the dates soon, so stay tuned!

Crissa on August 2nd, 2013 at 3:52 pm

OOOO! I would love to see the Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf. Those are so classic. Walt classic! I would also love to see Herc and Meg. I haven’t ever seen them before. I will be there in November. Fingers crossed we see some long lost friends!

Rebecca on August 2nd, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Lilo & Stitch need to stay… Stitch is such a fun character at the park, very interactive and silly… My daughter’s favorite!

Amanda on August 2nd, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Would’ve loved to have seen these options for WDW Long Lost Friends Week… Hopefully we’ll get another!

Ollie on August 2nd, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Where were these wonderful choices for Walt Disney World? I love Merlin! I wish we would have a Disney Afternoon Limited Time Magic soon, seems to be asked about a lot. :-)

melissa on August 2nd, 2013 at 7:45 pm

What dates are they going to be there?

Jason on August 2nd, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Lilo and Sitch aren’t long lost though you can always see them at the character breakfasts at the Hotels. Hopefully the more rare characters like Merlin and Herc/Meg show up :D

Elizabeth on August 2nd, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Bring back the Penguins from Mary Poppins!!!!

Sam on August 2nd, 2013 at 8:06 pm

The only character I’ve yet to see is Meg (oh, and that other guy too). So that’s where my vote goes. I know that Snow White is seen all the time. But rarely with Dopey. I’m hoping that they may do what they did a few years back and bring out all Seven Dwarfs…and the Evil Queen.

Steve on August 2nd, 2013 at 8:47 pm

How come there isn’t an option to vote for MEEKO? Please please bring this cute raccoon back, I have never meet him and its on my bucket list of things to do before I die. VOTE MEEKO!

Kaitlin on August 2nd, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Love love love!!!!

Paul from CA on August 2nd, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Hercules and Meg!! I’ve never seen Meg in the parks. Meg Rules!

James on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Where is Baloo? I want to see Baloo!!!!!1

Gizmoduck too.

Lindsey on August 2nd, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Chip & Dale! We’d have to come out for Chip and Dale!
When I was a little girl I got to play hopscotch with them near Big Thunder Ranch. One of them tripped and put a hole in their ‘hand’ and they had to go get a ‘band-aid’…it was such a wonderful memory! They became my favorites after that, I still cherish it that moment. I’d love to snap a family picture with my own children now, it would be so fun. Disneyland holds some of my best and happiest childhood memories!

Tanya on August 3rd, 2013 at 12:28 am

Gregory, the White Rabbit? He’s just late.

Seriously, I am posting this as a WISH UPON A STAR that this Friends week will extend to include Labor Day, the one day this year that I can go.

A girl can dream.

mike on August 3rd, 2013 at 12:53 am

bring all the classic characters back!!! those are the one we grew up on and made Disneyland what it is today!!

ALSO… when is Disney going to release SONG OF THE SOUTH??? There are terrible black market copies floating around… why not release a new digital, remastered version???

George on August 3rd, 2013 at 1:22 am

Eric, first, let me thank you for placing a great group up for the polling. It is much better than the assortment offered for the WDW event. I would have hoped though that you took advice from Tiana to “Dig a Little Deeper” and rounded out some of the units with some of the really lost friends, like Huey, Dewey, Louie, Launchpad, Lampwick, Stromboli, Blue Fairy, Francis, Tuck, Roll, Little John, Maid Marion, Phil, Hades, Pain, and Panic.

I am looking forward to the event, no matter who wins, it is certain to be another great time!

Jerry on August 3rd, 2013 at 1:44 am

Reading the older character names brought back so many memories when all the characters used to walk around in the late 80′s early 90′s. such great nostalgia.

Bonnie on August 3rd, 2013 at 2:01 am

Jiminy Cricket gets my vote!

Melissa on August 3rd, 2013 at 2:15 am

I would have really loved to have seen Milo Thatch and Princess Kida from Atlantis as an option this time around – we haven’t seen them for a long time! Still very excited for another Long Lost Friends Week!

jonathan on August 3rd, 2013 at 3:50 am

My choices are….

Tarzan & friends, Merlin, Louis & Dr. Facilier, the three brer’s, Hercules with Meg, the hunchback gang, Ping, and three little pigs.

Tracy on August 3rd, 2013 at 7:47 am

I wish everyone voted for Flik and Atta! They are my most-needed friends.

Tracy on August 3rd, 2013 at 7:53 am

Flik and Atta have to stay. They are a terrific couple!

Daniel from GA on August 3rd, 2013 at 11:08 am

When will they get in WALL-E for Long Lost Friends Week in Walt Disney World in Florida?

Barbara from CA on August 3rd, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Snow White and ALL 7 of the Dwarfs not just one of them. And I know Tinker Bell is LONG LOST — But she needs to be with the Peter Pan group.

Aimee on August 3rd, 2013 at 2:24 pm

I am truly jealous because of all of the amazing characters that Disneyland and the amount of groups they get to meet! They had so many better ones than we did at Walt Disney World! I would love to Herc and Meg, Merlin, Ping and Mushu, Esmeralda with Clopin and Frollo, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, and Pocahontas, John Smith, Meeko & Governor Ratcliffe.
I wish they at least would have offered the same amount of characters in each park during Limited Time Magic.

Philip on August 3rd, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Re: Steve, there IS an option to vote for Meeko. He’s included with his co-stars Pocahontas, John Smith and Ratcliffe in the poll, making them a complete unit.

Adam on August 3rd, 2013 at 5:39 pm

I chose Geppetto because he was the very first character I met at Disneyland – when I visited the first time over 20 years ago.

Sue from NSW on August 3rd, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Oh I am so hoping this is when we will be visiting. Having pics taken with the characters is one of our most favourite things to do!!! And, as you can imagine,coming all the way from Australia, we don’t get a chance to do it very often!!!!
So, I will have my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for September……..:)

George on August 3rd, 2013 at 10:39 pm

I truly wish Disney would consider the fact that a lot of these characters can seen fairly frequently in DL. Chip N Dale, Captain Hook, Snow White, Alice, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts and a few others I’ve seen on my past few visits. Truly long lost friends in my opinion, in addition to some on this list, are characters from the past like
The Rescuers
The Aristocats
Huey, Dewey and Louie
Launchpad
Darkwing Duvk
Roger Rabbit

And/or, as stated above, if you’re going to have groups have the complete group (Wonderland Gang, Pinocchio collective, the Seven Dwarfs, etc) not just some to pacify us. The characters from throughout Disney history hold special places with all of us and they deserve to be seen and visited, too. Part of the experience is seeing representatives from parts of your life who made you fall in love with the Disney magic.

Skip from FL on August 3rd, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I would like to “cast” my vote to visit any of the long-lost Disney friends that need to be 5′ 8″.

Noodle on August 4th, 2013 at 9:03 am

Why weren’t all these options available at WDW?! I’ve always wanted Ping and Mushu, the Pochahontas gang, Dopey, Hercules and Meg, the Sleeping Beauty fairies, Esmeralda, and the Tarzan crew. WDW wants options too!!!

Christine from CA on August 4th, 2013 at 1:16 pm

It’s great how often now that Disneyland is getting these rare characters since we didn’t used to for quite some time. It was always Disney World or Disneyland Paris that went all out with rare characters. Nice to see the original park is now doing this too, I won’t have to leave the state to visit with my favorites. :)

Jeri on August 5th, 2013 at 1:16 am

What ever happened to the Bear Jamboree? We used to love that show. I know that the characters show up along the way on the Splash Mountain ride but the show was so fun to watch.

David on August 5th, 2013 at 1:33 am

Any Chance we get an update on the voting so far?

Id still like to have a write in votes for the following:
Clara Cluck

Maybe Some Villians

Jafar
Evil Queen
Malificent
Old hag

David on August 5th, 2013 at 1:34 am

Does Anyone Else realize how rare merlin is???