Disneyland Monorail

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park Adds Jack Skellington, Monster Dance Parties for 2013

posted on August 12th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Can you believe that Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties will return to Magic Kingdom Park in just one month? This year our special-ticket event, which celebrates Halloween with a special parade, fireworks and trick-or-treating, will also offer a rare character greeting opportunity, new Halloween entertainment and more.
Jack Skellington and Sally at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park

This year’s event will mark the debut appearance of Jack Skellington and Sally (from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas”) at Magic Kingdom Park. Look for the Pumpkin King and his love in the Town Square area of Main Street, U.S.A.

Phineas and Ferb will also take charge of the Creepa Crew this year. This group gets parade-goers warmed up for fun on Main Street, U.S.A., while they wait for the parade’s arrival.

Over in Tomorrowland, “Monsters, Inc.,” scarers Mike and Sulley will host their own Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball dance party on the Rockettower Plaza Stage. The stage has been completely transformed for this “monstrous” event. Here’s a hint – show up ready to scream your lungs out!

Trick-or-treating will also be enhanced this year with more than 220 tons of candy on order. In addition to trick-or-treat stations, there will also be two treat trails – pathways that you trick-or-treat through that offer multiple candy stops along the way. Our friends at Magic Kingdom Park also hinted that in addition to these locations, there may be one or two surprise treat locations to stop at as well.

Two returning party favorites are the Boo-to-You Halloween parade, which features the Headless Horseman, Disney characters in Halloween regalia and the ghostly inhabitants of The Haunted Mansion. Another is the Happy HalloWishes fireworks spectacular, which illuminates the park in glittering color and light.

Parties will take place from 7 p.m. – midnight on September 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27 & 29; October 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 14, 17, 18, 20, 22, 24, 25, 27, 29 and 31; and November 1. Prices vary based on event night. Buy tickets now here.

Oh, and don’t forget that dressing in costume is encouraged!

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

brian on August 12th, 2013 at 9:11 am

Will be there Sept 13th :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 12th, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Ah, Friday the 13th!

Theresa on August 12th, 2013 at 10:00 am

Looks like it is going to be a great event for our 1st MNSSHP! Love love love Jack & Sally!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 12th, 2013 at 10:11 am

You’ll really enjoy it!

Anthony on August 12th, 2013 at 10:24 am

For our trip (11th-16th), this is the same night as the Villains Takeover in Hollywood Studios…So I guess we will have to miss out on the Halloween Party… :(

Theresa on August 12th, 2013 at 10:27 am

I’m so excited! This will also be our first time at this event. We will be at MK that day so do we just stay for the event or do we have to reenter? I was going to bring my costume with me so we didn’t have to go back to the resort. Any advice would be great!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 12th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

The Halloween party requires a separate ticket for entry, even if you’re in the park as a day guest. I’d highly recommend the party ticket – most attractions are open, plus special entertainment and a TON OF FUN!

Matthew on August 12th, 2013 at 10:59 am

Any word on the Villains Dance Mix and Mingle show returning this year?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 13th, 2013 at 8:53 am

Yes, it will be back.

KARYN on August 12th, 2013 at 11:15 am

I cannot wait, this will be our first MNSSHP and get to see Jack and Sally?!! Super excited!

Jessica from PA on August 12th, 2013 at 11:22 am

We are so excited to attend MNSSHP! Can’t wait for the dance party!!!

Jennifer from IL on August 12th, 2013 at 11:35 am

Theresa, you don’t have to reenter. You will just have to show your party ticket and get a wristband and treat bag sometime after 4pm. You’ll just need your wristband after 7pm because they will be checking throughout the park. Have fun!

Christie on August 12th, 2013 at 11:41 am

Such a decision for Friday the 13th!!! Villains Party at HS or Mickey’s NSSHP at MK?!?!
Jack Skellington or Maleficent?!?!? I CAN’T DECIDE!!!!!!! :-|

Daniel on August 12th, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Excellent news, Jennifer! I can’t wait to get our tickets! This and the Tower of Terror 10-Miler will make for a perfect Halloween!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 12th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

That race looks like it will be super fun. What a great weekend you have planned!

Rebecca on August 12th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Yesss! So excited to be a part of this! Will be there Sept. 11-14th!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 12th, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I hope you have a great trip! The party is a blast no matter what age you are.

Rebecca on August 12th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I got so excited I did not realize this was for WDW not DL. :0( Super bummed. Any chance the party will start earlier in DL as well as Jack and Sally appearing?? WDW doesn’t have the Haunted Mansion Holiday, so you would think all of this extra would be a DL since they are celebrating 13th Anniversary of Haunted Mansion Holiday on Friday the 13th and it is all about the Pumpkin King this holiday. Please let us know of any other cool extras that DL is doing for the party.

Patricia on August 12th, 2013 at 1:44 pm

This is so cool! We will be at the party on the 17th. Will Jack and Sally be signing things?

Also you can share details on Unleash the Villains any day now too!

Mark on August 12th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Speaking of the Villains Takeover in Hollywood Studios, any word on when they will release details of this event?

Jason on August 12th, 2013 at 2:17 pm

We will be there for the 10th, and then at the Villains thing on the 13th. SO EXCITED! The kids will have a BLAST!!!!!

Here’s hoping Jack and Sally will be signing!

Kristy on August 12th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I have a question…. I am attending alone, I am 30+ but a kid a heart (even more so when I am at WDW) Are the adults aloud to Tick or Treat as well?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 12th, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Yes! Adults are absolutely welcome to trick-or-treat.

Karen on August 12th, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Super excited!!! Taking the kids to MNSSHP for the 1st time on 9/10 and villians takeover (for me) at dhs on 9/13.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 12th, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I hope you all have a great time!

Mellie on August 12th, 2013 at 7:49 pm

You only need a party ticket to enter the night of the party, correct? Like you don’t have to have a Magic Kingdom day pass AND the party ticket, right?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 13th, 2013 at 10:04 am

Correct: Park ticket if you want to visit during the day. Party ticket for the party only. Both tickets if you want to visit the park all day AND go to the party.

Paul from ON on August 12th, 2013 at 10:22 pm

We went last year. Highly recommend getting photopass plus for the party, for all the special character photos, plus your ride photos in full costume.

Catherine from NJ on August 13th, 2013 at 7:42 am

Super excited about Jack and Sally…cannot wait!! Going to Mickey’s NSSHP on the 10th and Villains Takeover on the 13th!!

Kelly on August 13th, 2013 at 7:53 am

Will the Villain show be done?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 13th, 2013 at 8:53 am

Yes, Disney Villains Dance Mix and Mingle! is on the list.

Julie on August 13th, 2013 at 11:39 am

Tarzan and Jane coming back? My daughter has her heart set on meeting Jane..

Judith from Fife on August 13th, 2013 at 12:26 pm

When is the park map etc due out?

Jason on August 13th, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Hi Jennifer,
We will be there on Sep 24th (already have our tickets!). I know the villains are out for the party but are there special meet and greets with them during the party, and if so what is the best way to know where and when to meet them?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on August 13th, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Pick up a special Not-So-Scary park map on your way in. Special character locations will be listed on there, although what characters appear in these spaces are subject to change.

Ryan on August 13th, 2013 at 11:18 pm

A co worker (& fellow Disney enthusiast/WDW park goer) RAVES about Halloween @ the parks. She specifically goes ‘every’ year ‘just’ for this event because of the Meet & Greets for the very rare/obscure character appearances. Her favorite is the Headless Horseman. She did make very valid points that WDW ‘should’ incorporate the Sleepy Hollow story/theming into the event along with ‘not so scary’ but perhaps ‘suspenseful/psychological’ Disney moments. I agree that suspense & psychology can be more terrifying sometimes! Any word on new character appearances aside from Jack & Sally this year?

Leann on August 14th, 2013 at 2:19 am

I am surprising my five children with the parks this sept 20-29 . I am hoping to get tickets for the 24th. In celebration of the announcement of Pirates of the Carribean 5 we are all going pirates. This is our first time going without my mom who is very ill, will we be able to include her thru Skype in the parks? We then could feel like she is there with us trick or treating.

Julie on August 14th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Hi there. I am visiting in just 27 days ( :-) )with my family, we will be celebrating two very special occasions, my parents Golden Wedding Anniversary and my Dad’s 75th birthday – I think this will have to be one of the special things we do to celebrate it sounds fab! I have recently signed up to this blog and see that back in 2011 you blogged about ‘Making a Grand Entrance at Magic Kingdom Park’ – this would be fantastic (and is actually the only thing my Dad has asked for for his birthday!). I would love to find out how to make his dream come true. My parents and I have been visiting WDW since 1989, when I was just 5 years old, and they are DVC members. We have visited almost every year since. Perhaps you would be kind enough to contact me? Thank you in advance, Julie

Adrienne on August 15th, 2013 at 3:50 pm

You do not know how excited we are to hear this!!! I sincerely hope that Jack and Sally become permanent characters during Halloween!! My 3 year old daughter LOVES The Nightmare Before Christmas! And Sparky! If Frankenweenie were to become a part of it too she would be overjoyed! We plan to come down next Halloween when my husband gets back from deployment. We will keep our fingers crossed that we will get to see Jack and Sally next year! :D

Dave on August 15th, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Awesome! Gonna check this out on Sept.20.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 9:32 am

Have fun!

Teresa on August 16th, 2013 at 3:43 pm

So excited!!! We will be attending on our 1st MNSSHP on September 20. :D

Kerry on August 16th, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Hi, were coming out from uk in october with 2 very excited little 5 year old girls. Please would you confirm what the party ticket actually includes? Im assuming if we pay for the day ticket we would still get to see the halloween parade and fireworks. What would the wrist bands give us as extra? Many thanks kerry

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 9:38 am

You need a separate party ticket to attend the party (this is NOT included in a park ticket). A party ticket allows you entry as early as 4 p.m., with the Halloween party fun kicking off at 7 p.m. There is a special Halloween parade, fireworks, stage show, trick-or-treating, Disney characters in costume, and much more. I have a child and think it is VERY worth the money – especially to take them in costume for all the fun.

Charlotte on August 16th, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Is there any restriction as to the type of costume you can wear? I know they say no long dragging dresses or masks. I just want to make sure as I didn’t see anyting on the tickets that we received.
THANKS

Vicki from CA on August 16th, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Darn. Just when I decide not to go, they add more cool stuff. Rethinking our options…………

Dave from FL on August 16th, 2013 at 10:59 pm

We will be there. This is by far the best time we had a few years ago and I expect this will be even better, now that I know what to expect.

Kelly on August 17th, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Super excited to attend the Halloween Party this year. Any word on whether the Princess Fairytale Hall will be open by October?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 9:39 am

Yes – Princess Fairytale Hall will open its doors on Sept. 18.

Allison on August 17th, 2013 at 10:02 pm

We’ll be there! So excited about Jack and Sally! Counting down the days. We’re all adults who love Disney and Halloween. A great combination. Any suggestions for costumes?

Vickie on August 17th, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Do you have to pay to get into the MK and buy the Halloween ticket if you are just going to the Halloween party?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 9:41 am

You need a Party ticket to attend the party. Party tickets get you into the park as early as 4 p.m. and are available here: http://bit.ly/17lRKyb

Hannah on August 18th, 2013 at 11:51 am

So excited to visit Disney World for Halloween! Coming over from Finland to celebrate our daughter’s sweet 16 :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 9:41 am

Wow, what a great trip!

Richard on August 19th, 2013 at 8:39 am

Ill be there on 17th.. Can’t wait to get my picture taken with jack and Sally to add to my collection… What to wear… Beta get a move on designing a costume :P

Alexis on August 19th, 2013 at 9:06 am

Will the two be signing autograph books? I saw them at Downtown Disney last year and was told they didn’t sign. I was so heartbroken.

kate on August 19th, 2013 at 10:24 am

How exciting!! I can’t believe it is already here!! We went for the first time last year – our kids were mouseketeers – we hope to come again this year too – we LOVED how fast the trick or treat lines were and all the vilians we never got to see before that night – I am excited about the new line up too!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 9:41 am

What a cute costume idea! :)

Lisa on August 19th, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Friday, the 13th for us as well :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 9:36 am

Sounds like a great night!

Tracey on August 20th, 2013 at 2:34 pm

We just bought our tickets for 10/14! We are so very excited about the appearance of Jack and Sally. We have been jealous of the Disneyland Halloween celebration! Any chnace we would also see Oogie and his boys?

Adrienne on August 20th, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I wish I could reply to people’s individual comments, but I will go ahead and comment anyhow in hopes you see this!

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween bash is a separate ticket. If you just buy a normal ticket, to go for the day, then you will be asked to leave later in the day since you did not purchase the special event ticket. The separate event ticket will let you into the Magic Kingdom at around 4:30 I believe. If you are there at the Magic Kingdom and you do not have a ticket to the special event, you will be asked to leave at around 7:00pm. Only people who buy the special event ticket, separately from the park tickets, will be allowed to stay for the parades and fireworks. Hope that helps. :)

Dennis from PA on August 22nd, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Time to fess up. I/we (DW & I, mid 50′s) have been to WDW many times. We have never done MNSSHP, and in a few weeks we will be on property for the first time when MNSSHP is active. I am kid at heart, and I am interested in doing MNSSHP. Help me with reasons why we should attend to convince the DW that we should partake.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 9:35 am

1. The park looks amazing decorating for Halloween.
2. There’s a special Halloween-themed parade, fireworks and stage show that are exclusive to this event.
3. Trick-or-treating is available – no matter if you’re a kid, or a kid at heart.
4. Additional character meet and greets are available.
5. Tickets are limited, which means the lines for attractions are typically shorter.

Sound good?

Kirk from MI on August 23rd, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Jennifer – Can you tell me they are offering the Hitchhiking Ghosts with PhotoPass Magic Shots like they did last year? Thank You!

Kirk from MI on August 23rd, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Dennis from PA – The MNSSHP is worth every penny! I strongly suggest going in costume – it adds to your true experience for the night, plus in terms of photos it adds a bit of whimsy and newness. This is the one time of year you can have a meet & greet with the best Villains Disney has to offer! No matter how many photos you currently have on hand – how many are of the Villains?
The decorations – WDW does an amazing job, every corner you look – you something new and exciting from hand carved pumpkins, statues and topiaries and lighting. The transformation is a must see! It’s time to be a kid again Dennis! Purchase those tickets! I will say this one more time – wear a costume – remember when you were a kid, who did you want to be but Mom said “NO” – There’s your costume buddy – go for it!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 9:35 am

Sounds like you love the event, Kirk! I totally agree about costumes. My family goes dressed up every year!

Nedra on August 26th, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Hey Jennifer, I was wondering when they do the fireworks show does Tinkerbell fly across the sky???
Thanks…

Margaret on August 27th, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Do you have to stay in a disney resort to be able to purchase tickets to the not-so-scary halloween party?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 9:32 am

Nope! Details here: http://bit.ly/17lRKyb

Kirk from MI on August 28th, 2013 at 10:05 am

Nedra – It’s magic! Tink is actually attached to a cable.

Margaret – No you do NOT need to stay at a Disney Resort to purchase MNSSHP tickets.