Disney Cruise Line

Starbucks Coming to Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort this Winter

posted on August 15th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

I’ve got some exciting news to share today – Starbucks is coming to the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort!

Starbucks Coming to Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort this Winter

This winter, Starbucks lovers will be happy to find their favorite brew offered in not one, but two locations – the first, in front of the west entrance to World of Disney and the second, a kiosk location.

We are proud to work with Starbucks, a company that, like Disney, is known for providing its guests with an excellent experience, and we are excited to add Starbucks to the fantastic dining, shopping and retail experiences at the Downtown Disney District. Of course, these new locations join two Disneyland Resort cafes offering Starbucks products: Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe already open in Disney California Adventure park, and Market House opening this September inside Disneyland park.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Downtown Disney District

Brent on August 15th, 2013 at 1:06 pm

I still think the Starbucks logo should get some green mouse ears. Or at least add them to the siren’s crown. It’s ok, I’m from Seattle lol.

Fred from CA on August 15th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Pretty cool. These locations are sure to be popular.

Alycia on August 15th, 2013 at 1:37 pm

This is exciting! I have joked that there should be FastPasses available for Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Café since it’s one of the longest lines in the park!

There are a lot of people complaining about Starbucks being in the DLR, but the lines of people waiting for their favorite brand of coffee speak volumes! I don’t think two Downtown Disney locations are enough.

Minesh from CA on August 15th, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Erin, do you know if Market House will continue to offer the free refills, with receipt, as it did in the past? It was one of the small perks my wife and I enjoyed when strolling along Main Street USA.

Erin Glover on August 15th, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I’m sorry, Minesh. When Market House reopens in the fall, the location will no longer brew Disney branded coffee or offer free refills.

Rochelle on August 15th, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Starbucks and Disney is a great partnership! I can hardly wait to visit the Market House location. This past June I stopped by the Main Street Bakery location in WDW’s Magic Kingdom … it fit in perfectly!

Steven on August 15th, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Erin, do you know if the new Starbucks locations will have early(ish) hours like other ones do? In the past, Downtown Disney locations that serve coffee like La Brea Bakery have been closed prior to Early Magic Mornings (times when I need caffeine the most)! It would be a great service to guests, and get a ton of business, to have coffee available for purchase while waiting to enter the parks!

Jennifer on August 15th, 2013 at 3:23 pm

This is very exciting news! Any idea what the opening and closing hours would be?

Shari on August 15th, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Is the new Starbucks replacing La Brea Bakery??

Erin Glover on August 15th, 2013 at 5:52 pm

No, Shari. La Brea Bakery Café will remain open in its current location.

Cheryl on August 15th, 2013 at 3:54 pm

It is about time! And they’d BETTER be open early early early. If I am going to get up early for Magic Morning I need my coffee!

Nate on August 15th, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Wow! I can’t wait! I love Starbucks and I am thrilled that Starbucks is coming to Disney!

Alyxandria on August 15th, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Hopefully they’ll be decent cue lines if the need arises. Also, if this branch is going to be in Downtown Disney (close enough that people could go out of the park, grab a drink, then head back in via handstamp without hassle) could the sandwiches in Fidler Fifer return as there’d be enough crew/man power/time to make them?

Jaime on August 15th, 2013 at 6:29 pm

west of WOD was BLINK by wet seal. My guess is that is where it will be. It was boarded up yesterday when I walked by and it is no longer listed on the Disneyland website.

Tabitha on August 15th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Is Starbucks going to be offering a “You Are Here” mug series Disney edition at these locations? I collect these mugs from my travels and a Disneyland version would be the crown jewel!

brook from CA on August 16th, 2013 at 11:04 am

Will the one by world of disney be a new building, to be constructed or part of world of disney?
I am excited for Market house to reopen and see what has been done. We will be there early Sept, so I assume we will have to wait until next years trip.

Erin Glover on August 16th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

The location will be in an existing structure in front of the west entrance to World of Disney.

Kathi on August 16th, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Erin, do you know if the Starbucks inside DLR and DCA along with the two outside at DD will accept Starbuck’s gift cards?? I’m super excited to have them there so I can get my coffee fix!

jorge on August 21st, 2013 at 1:40 am

I rather have a travana there myself

Kari on August 26th, 2013 at 10:52 am

Kathi- the Starbucks do take gift cards! I used my phone app at the CA adventure location, so I can earn my reward stars. I also get a discount with my annual pass (so pull that out too if you have one)! I’m looking forward to the additional locations.

Carolina on September 12th, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Hi Erin, I was wondering with the new Starbucks locations a couple of things: 1) I’m a starbucks partner, and I was wondering if you know whether or not starbucks workers could use their discounts at the Downtown Disney Starbucks location in Southern California, and 2) are there any plans to sell starbucks merchandise (mugs, cold cup tumblers, etc.) with a Disney touch to it? Similar to how in Hawaii, they have the same merchandise as everywhere, but theirs also says “Hawaii” and has a hibiscus flower on it. I love how the cups already used at Disneyland have the castle confetti of characters, I would love to be able to buy a plastic, reusable one of those.