Disney Cruise Line

Additional Details about the Disney Collection by Vera Bradley Release Party at Walt Disney World Resort on September 21, 2013

posted on September 19th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

Disney Collection by Vera Bradley

I recently announced the release party for the Disney Collection by Vera Bradley that will take place on September 21, 2013. This event will begin at 7:30 a.m. in the World of Disney at the Downtown Disney Marketplace at the Walt Disney World Resort (you can read the original article here). Since we are only a few days away from the release party, I have a few additional details to share about this event.

Barbara Bradley Baekgaard, Vera Bradley Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer

First, I’m happy to announce that Barbara Bradley Baekgaard, Vera Bradley Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer, will also be attending the September 21 party. Barbara will be meeting with fans that morning from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. A limited number of wristbands to meet Barbara will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis to guests who make purchases that morning.

If you are planning on attending the event on Saturday, please note that parking for Downtown Disney Marketplace will begin at 3:00 a.m., and guests may form a line in the designated queue outside World of Disney starting at 4:00 a.m. We will also be distributing wristbands to guests in line to ensure an enjoyable shopping experience for everyone.

We will have purchase limits in place at the World of Disney in Florida on September 21-22, 2013.
Guest purchase will be limited to one (1) of each style of Vera Bradley bags in the “Just Mousing Around” collection (8 styles total) and one (1) of each style of Vera Bradley bags in the “Midnight with Mickey” collection (8 styles total). While supplies last. Subject to change without notice.

Starting on Monday, September 23, the purchase limits will change slightly for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort locations:

Guest purchase will be limited to two (2) of each style of Vera Bradley bags in the “Just Mousing Around” collection (8 styles total) and two (2) of each style of Vera Bradley bags in the “Midnight with Mickey” collection (8 styles total). While supplies last. Subject to change without notice.

Disney Collection by Vera Bradley Disney Collection by Vera Bradley

As a reminder, the Disney Collection by Vera Bradley was created especially for Disney Parks. The collection will also be sold on the Disney Parks online store starting in late October 2013. The images above contain additional information about the items offered including descriptions, dimensions and retails.

I look forward to seeing you at this event!

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

Constance from FL on September 19th, 2013 at 11:09 am

Well, that leaves me out as I only want 2 of 1 print/model……very disappointed WDW !

Melissa on September 19th, 2013 at 11:25 am

I will be on the Disney Magic on October 20th do you know if the bags will be able to be purchased online before then or if they will be on the cruise lines for purchase?

Steven Miller on September 19th, 2013 at 12:29 pm

@Melissa – At this point, the only date I have is late October 2013 for the Disney Parks online store. The items are currently only planned for Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort locations. I believe that eventually Disney Cruise Line will have select items, yet I’m unsure on timing. We’ll know more after the initial launch. Bon voyage!

Dina on September 19th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Hi, will I be able to do a phone order?

Steven Miller on September 19th, 2013 at 12:30 pm

@Dina – The items will be sold at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. We will also have them carried on our Disney Parks online store toward late October 2013. Our Merchandise Guest Services team will not have access to these items immediately, so the online store may be a better option.

Nicole on September 19th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Super excited !!! I am waiting on the back pack, I have always wanted one !!!!! These are so adorable ….

Mary Lou from NY on September 19th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

We won’t be arriving until September 28th. Will you be getting stock in during that first week?

Steven Miller on September 19th, 2013 at 2:16 pm

@Mary Lou – I hope you have a safe trip. It’s difficult to say what inventory will look like until sometime next week. At Walt Disney World, I know that the items are currently only planned to be found at World of Disney in the Downtown Disney Marketplace. There are additional orders planned to arrive in October.

The other option may be the Disney Parks Online Store which will carry the items in late October 2013.

Casey from AL on September 19th, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Yay!! I am super excited about Saturday! Do you by any chance know how many bags they will have for sale in each style? We are leaving from Birmingham, Alabama driving through Friday night and just wondering if I need to be one of the first 100 people or so in line to get my first choice of bag. Trying to get a feel for how quickly they will sell out of the most popular styles.

Steven Miller on September 19th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

@Casey – Unfortunately I don’t have specifics in terms of quantities per item. I know we have purchase limits in place to ensure a fair and enjoyable experience for all. Please have a safe trip.

Melissa on September 19th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Thanks for your quick reply. Can you hear my heart breaking from all the way in PA? I am holding out all hopes that I can order one and have it in time for my cruise. Please let us know what you find out! I have been spying this blog for months looking for the dates on the availability of the bags. I already planned the cruise and my husband said if I go to Disney again this year he will file for divorce, which doesn’t seem so bad now that I think about it.

Steven Miller on September 19th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

@Melissa – Sadly, I really don’t have a confirmed date. I’m sorry I don’t have better information for you at this point. Please know that we will continue to carry these items, so if not before your cruise then maybe when you return.

Ian on September 19th, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Will there be an Annual Passholder discount offered on these items?

Shelley from ON on September 19th, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Can we apply a DVC discount to our purchase?

Steven Miller on September 19th, 2013 at 7:10 pm

@Ian and Shelley – Yes, normal discounts will apply where applicable.

Suzanne on September 19th, 2013 at 3:55 pm

When/where will the bags be available in Anaheim?

Steven Miller on September 19th, 2013 at 7:11 pm

@Suzanne – Starting Monday, September 23, these items will be released at multiple locations in Disneyland Resort. Check the bigger locations like World of Disney in Downtown Disney District.

Alicia on September 19th, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Which room will these be sold in? I was expecting them to be sold in Tren-D, not the World of Disney.

Steven Miller on September 20th, 2013 at 11:07 am

@Alicia – The set up and display will be found in the Villains room at World of Disney which also carries other accessories including timepieces, Beautifully Disney, bags, scarves, and jewelry.

Lisa on September 19th, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Do you know which locations in Disneyland they will be sold. Sometimes it is very hard to find out as the Cast Members don’t have knowledge of every product. Will it be outside the park at The Vault or World of Disney or inside at Virtuosity?

Steven Miller on September 20th, 2013 at 11:08 am

@Lisa – I spoke with the planning team who provided the following locations for Disneyland Resort:

- World of Disney at Downtown Disney District
- China Closet inside Disneyland park
- Elias & Co. inside Disney California Adventure Park
- Fantasia at the Disneyland Hotel

Joan from NJ on September 19th, 2013 at 7:48 pm

After years of carrying various Vera Bradley bags and accessories in the parks, I can’t believe that someone finally heard my laments! Thank you Vera & Disney for a match made in heaven. Can’t wait to get mine. We won’t be there until late October, but I have friends and family who live locally… and, they know what I’m looking for…

Corrina on September 19th, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Any word on when the D&B Haunted Mansion bag will be available online? I was at WDW on 9/13 but the purses sold out quickly. Heard a rumor that only 50 were available that day. Hope this launch is better supplied!

Steven Miller on September 20th, 2013 at 11:09 am

@Corrina – Yes. I received word that the bag will be released starting on September 30 via http://www.DisneyParks.com/Store. (please note that dates are subject to change without notice)

Amy on September 19th, 2013 at 11:44 pm

How long will these be for sale in WDW? We will be there thanksgiving week, I would LOVE to buy these!

Steven Miller on September 20th, 2013 at 11:11 am

@Amy – These items are not limited edition, so we will continue to carry them at Disney Parks. One option before Thanksgiving may be our Disney Parks online store which will release them in late October 2013.

Stephanie from FL on September 20th, 2013 at 7:54 am

I am excited to see this adorable line in person tomorrow! I was just wondering though, will there be any one-of-a-kind prototypes or limited gift with purchases? I ask only because in my experience, this seemed to be the major draw for the early morning lines for the Dooney & Bourke release parties. If these bags are not limited edition and will be available in the parks two days later and online in a few weeks, I am just trying to decide if there is a need to arrive as early as 4:00 am. Thanks! =)

Steven Miller on September 20th, 2013 at 11:12 am

@Stephanie – I look forward to seeing you in person. Please say hello tomorrow morning as I will be there. There will not be any prototypes for sale or limited gift with purchases. We will continue to carry these items in the weeks to come as we have additional orders arriving in October.

Tammy on September 20th, 2013 at 8:21 am

Will these come out in additional styles ever? I was hoping to get the Clare bag in both colors.

Steven Miller on September 20th, 2013 at 11:14 am

@Tammy – Great question. Currently, we are only focused on these two colors and styles. Yet, this is the start of a great partnership. :)

Kathleen from CA on September 20th, 2013 at 11:43 am

On monday at Disneyland are you opening early? Any wrist bands?

Steven Miller on September 20th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

@Kathleen – The items will be released when the locations open during normal operating hours. Wristbands will not be distributed, but purchase limits will be in place as indicated above.

For Monday, September 23, here are the scheduled operating hours:
- World of Disney is scheduled to open at 9:00 a.m.
- Disney California Adventure opens at 10:00 a.m. (with Extra Magic Hours from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.)
- Disneyland park opens at 10:00 a.m.

Cyndi from AZ on September 20th, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Will these be the start of more Disney designs by Vera Bradley? (Like Dooney & Bourke) I’m hoping for a future release with some princess designs.

Steven Miller on September 21st, 2013 at 6:01 pm

@Cyndi – We are currently focused on these first two colors. Yet this is the start of a great partnership :)

Patricia on September 20th, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Will there be enough inventory available tomorrow, as to allow a purchase in the afternoon if the line clears at World of Disney? We live in Oviedo and are planning on arriving around 8 am. If the turnout is beyond expected tomorrow, will additional inventory of bags be available on Sunday? Thanks!

Steven Miller on September 21st, 2013 at 6:01 pm

@Patricia – As of this evening (Saturday), there were still select styles remaining at the World of Disney. I hope you were able to stop by.

Kathleen on September 21st, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Is there a link for email notice when Vera Bradley items will be available at the parks online store?

Steven Miller on September 21st, 2013 at 6:04 pm

@Kerri – These items were created especially for Disney Parks. Those two destinations you mentioned are not part of the Walt Disney World Resort. I invite you to visit World of Disney at Downtown Disney Marketplace where we will be carrying the Disney Collection by Vera Bradley. Have a great trip!

Steven Miller on September 21st, 2013 at 6:06 pm

@Kathleen – I invite you to visit http://www.DisneyParks.com/Store. There is an email list link at the top of the page where you can sign up. Also keep watching the “New Arrivals” section as items are typically added each Monday:

For the Disney Collection by Vera Bradley, we are looking at releasing the items in late October 2013.

Courtney on September 21st, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Great to meet you today Steven and kudos to the Disney Team for making the entire event entertaining and exciting! The bags are beautiful!

Steven Miller on September 21st, 2013 at 6:07 pm

@Courtney – It was wonderful to see you as well! Thank you for stopping by this morning. I’m glad to hear you enjoy the bags. Hope to see you again. :)

Corrina on September 21st, 2013 at 4:34 pm

@Steven Miller Thank you for answering! I’ve been trying for a week to get a response from someone :-) Hope the VB release party today was a huge success!

Ann on September 22nd, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I will be arriving October 23rd and this will be my first stop once I’m checked in at Pop! I cannot wait and plan on surprising my twin sister with an awesome present from my trip!! Now to decide which bag to get for each of us!! Decisions, decisions…

Elizabeth on September 23rd, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Are these available at AKL? Or any of the other deluxe resorts? We try to avoid DD.

Steven Miller on September 23rd, 2013 at 4:33 pm

@Elizabeth – As of today (September 23), they are only found at World of Disney in the Downtown Disney Marketplace at Walt Disney World Resort. They may be added to additional locations at Walt Disney World but I don’t have a time frame if/when that would happen. Sorry to hear you avoid Downtown Disney. My best advice is to go early in the morning when the location opens.

Penny from DE on September 27th, 2013 at 10:09 am

Are they still only available in the Downtown Disney Marketplace?

Steven Miller on October 2nd, 2013 at 11:46 am

@Penny – Currently, these items can be found at the World of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace and Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom Park.

Lori from NC on September 30th, 2013 at 8:52 am

Steven,
Can you give those of us at home an update on how the lauch went and what styles may be in short supply? I’m visiting in a few weeks and am wondering what to expect.

Steven Miller on October 2nd, 2013 at 11:48 am

@Lori – The launch party was awesome! It was wonderful to see so many fans and a few Disney Parks Blog readers that morning. I know that we had an additional shipment arrive recently.

Sarah from GA on September 30th, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Are these still available (not sold out) at the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney? I am visiting WDW later this week and would like to pick up a few.

Steven Miller on October 2nd, 2013 at 11:48 am

@Sarah – You can find items at World of Disney and in Magic Kingdom Park at Uptown Jewelers. Hope you have a great trip; it’s a great time to visit Florida :)

Tammie on October 2nd, 2013 at 11:31 am

Has the avialable “Online” date been released yet?
Thank you!

Steven Miller on October 2nd, 2013 at 3:58 pm

@Tammie – Not yet. We are still targeting late October. I hope to have a more defined date soon. Please stay tuned.

Susan on October 3rd, 2013 at 9:42 am

I found them at Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom but thought I could wait till I got home. The Guest Merchandise operator indicated they were only available at the parks – happy to know I can get them online late October – thanks!

Jenny on October 3rd, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Are they going to make more items available? We are going to Disney Oct. 13-19 and planned to get a backpack and lunch bag for my daughter. She has been waiting for this for a long time :-) I see a lunch bag is not available. Is there a possibility when this launches to online sales they will have one? We will definitely be buying the backpack!

Steven Miller on October 10th, 2013 at 12:57 pm

@Jenny – At this time the same items which debuted a few weeks ago will be the only items available for purchase online. There is no current plan for a lunch bag.

Tina from NC on October 8th, 2013 at 9:28 am

By the way, just got back from Disney and there was plenty of supply of all the items at several locations. Still only the eight items from the original launch in both prints.

Damon on October 8th, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Are there any other styles available other than the initial 8 at launch?

Steven Miller on October 10th, 2013 at 12:58 pm

@Damon – Not at this time, only the original styles which debuted will be available.

Angela on October 9th, 2013 at 6:50 am

Vera and Mickey-n-Minnie….. Sigh….. A match truly made in heaven. I’ll be checking in to the Yacht Club on October 18 and going STRAIGHT to World of Disney to feast my eyes and buy an id badge and a backpack and a Vera and a cosmetic bag and… Oh my, there goes my budget. Thank you Disney!

Ann on October 12th, 2013 at 9:20 am

Good Morning! I am wondering what type of purchase limits are in place now for the items? I know it was limited during launch and I’d like it know if anything has changed. Thank You!!

Steven Miller on October 15th, 2013 at 5:26 pm

@Ann – I spoke with the development team who said the purchase limits have remained the same as when they were first introduced.

Ann on October 15th, 2013 at 8:08 pm

@Steven Miller – Thank you!!

Glenda from OH on October 17th, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I was wondering when the Vera purses will be available online? I have been checking frequently, but have not seen them yet? Waiting anxiously! Thanks!

Felicia on January 29th, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Hi. I was wondering if the bags will still be available on March 15th? My family and I are going to Disney then.