Disneyland Park, Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

Boo To You! The Headless Horseman Rides Through Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on September 13th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Every year, my family and I attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and for us, the “Mickey’s ‘Boo To You’ Parade” is a must-see. By far, one of the most thrilling moments of the procession is the ride of the Headless Horseman. For me, that’s the moment I know the Halloween season has officially arrived!

But of course, trick-or-treating at the party is also a ton of fun – which seems to be someone else’s favorite party activity, too. Take a look.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Pepe on September 13th, 2013 at 2:43 pm

The Haunted Mansion part. Love the “shovel dance” and the man with the dog.

Kim on September 13th, 2013 at 3:26 pm

So excited! This will be our first time to MNSSHP.

Alexis on September 13th, 2013 at 6:13 pm

is the Mickey’s not-so-scary halloween party available in disneyland paris?

Dustin on September 13th, 2013 at 7:15 pm

So simple yet charmingly effective. Brilliant!

Patricia on September 13th, 2013 at 11:59 pm

I just adore all of the Halloween Time celebrations in the Disney Parks. My favorite part about all of it is that they really do “spooky” well…but not scary. That’s something that a lot of people don’t do right anymore. Halloween should be about pumpkins and orange and purple and green things and cute ghosts and spooky things…not gore and blood and stuff that’s too in-your-face. So I really love that Disney has become a leader in Halloween and is setting the tone and raising the bar like this. I just love it. I think my family is going to start a new tradition and will be going to Disneyland every year for Halloween Time.

Jenna on September 19th, 2013 at 12:31 pm

How come I’ve never seen the HH??? We went our first time in 2011. IT was pouring out so we arrived at the parade late so it’s possible we missed him. Then we went last year, first weekend of Oct. Again, lots of rain and the first parade was postponed for 45 minutes. When it started there was no HH and we waited in the same spot until the parade started. Hmmmmmm.

roman on September 19th, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Is this also part of Disneyland in California? The Magic Kingdom Park? Is this just another term for a Disney Park, or a particular one? Being my daughter’s favorite holiday coupled with favorite theme park, this would be great to go to Disneyland [as we live in southern California], actually on Halloween night! I’m sure all Disney parks have something special that night.

Daniel on October 6th, 2013 at 12:10 am

Hi Jennifer, I noticed this year the Headless Horseman has a new soundtrack. Do you know what the music is from? It sounds like it could be from a movie or show?